Asa redshirt screwup??

PigskinPat

If I'm his parents, I'm livid right now. 

It's no wonder we had so many early departures who chose to use their 4 game RS advantage and go elsewhere.  Kam & Sal considered transferring as well and the staff talked them into staying, I wonder if those guys have any regrets today?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's no wonder we had so many early departures who chose to use their 4 game RS advantage and go elsewhere.  Kam & Sal considered transferring as well and the staff talked them into staying, I wonder if those guys have any regrets today?

Maybe Sal should learn to catch the ball more consistently and Kam learn how to hit holes.  

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This just makes me livid. Wasting a year of eligibility of a very talented running back.

**** this staff 

I'm pretty sure a redshirt is available until it is used (5 years to play 4), regardless of class year (i.e. Hastings and Stove), so at least it's not wasted...

10 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I'm pretty sure a redshirt is available until it is used (5 years to play 4), regardless of class year (i.e. Hastings and Stove), so at least it's not wasted...

True, but unless an injury or other issue occurs, the time to do that is their freshman year.

Briefly searched internet generally & Rivals specifically and don't see this, can somebody post the specific story if our coach is going to be called "criminal" etc here so we know it is not just a rumor run amok?

18 minutes ago, aucosby said:

Maybe Sal should learn to catch the ball more consistently and Kam learn how to hit holes.  

Maybe you're right-  with that said, I have a feeling they may think there are greener pastures elsewhere right about now.  

I hope you all have a reliable source. Someone needs to post a link.

It's very easy to jump on Gus and his staff these days, but as far as I can see this is just a rumor at this point.

I'm not defending the coaches here but wouldn't Asa have known when he hit the 4 game limit ? Are we sure this is true ? Also the RS is still available even though it's best to use it as a TFr.

Wasn't Asa Mr. Football in the state of Alabama? I hope he is not thinking of transferring but if he is Auburn has had little success with the state's Mr. Football 

I, for one, hope this reported snafu.is just a rumor and not a blunder by the coaching staff. That would drive recruits away in droves.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

I feel confident that they have some regrets yes.

So if Chip is in the box calling plays, someone is clearly sending in players.  Is it each position coach or did somebody call in a trick play that allowed him to play a snap and then the entire staff failed to adjust to the fact that he played in a game that was not planned.

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

If this is true Asa also is culpable. 

How? If coach tells you to go in, you go in.

41 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

If this is true Asa also is culpable. 

What the hell is gonna tell his coach when he gets called in to play? 

I can't go in Coach 'cause I'm supposed to be red-shirting and I've hit my limit.

39 minutes ago, Tiger said:

How? If coach tells you to go in, you go in.

I understand what you are saying, but that type of communication and understanding should have taken place before even taking the field. 

They spend 20 hours a week together, so how come this wasn’t handled before the game?  If it is true, everyone screwed up (if he was supposed to redshirt). 

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

What the hell is gonna tell his coach when he gets called in to play?

“Okay coach but you know this is my fifth game right? ” I thought you were leaning toward redshirting me .”

Archived