What if we Win out

SaturdayGT

Yeah, yeah.... so when your done laughing...... :P

I know the odds of Gus winning out are non existent.  But, if somehow a miracle happens and Gus does just that, or maybe even just wins out all except for 1? How much would that effect your opinion of Gus?

Im trying to figure out how I personally would feel. I mean Id be ecstatic for sure, but would I go into next season feeling like hes turned some corner? Or just confused, with less confidence on what to expect other than a roll the dice type season. I honestly dont know what that would tell me about Gus. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No effect at all.  Auburn is a second or third rate team as long as Gus is here.  I'd rather win with a well-coached team than depend upon miraculous interventions.

It would momentarily feel great, I would be thrilled for the players and staff, and I would love beating the Pups and Bammers again. Then I would realize that we still cannot trust Gus long term with our program and wish him well in his new job. 

Said it already.  I'd be pretty PO'd when all is said and done.  It would prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that he completely wasted a lot of talent this year and cost us a chance at a championship with early incompetence.

I think most of Auburn fans would be even more irritated and disgruntled than they are right now. 

What we are seeing on the field is no charade, this is a real and legitimate mess this staff is trotting out on Saturdays.  And the mess has seeped over on to the defense now, which makes me wonder if the defensive coaches have grown just as brain dead as the offensive staff.  

He'd still need to go. The problems we're having are year 1 or year 2 problems. He's in year 6. If we were getting beat because the men across the line are just better than so be it. But we aren't losing games on the field (we are but no really) we are losing games on the sidelines. We aren't being put in a position to succeed. Now, all that being said...as bad as we are...if we make a few plays when they are there to be made, you should make them. Gus doesn't drop passes or overthrow receivers.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I think most of Auburn fans would be even more irritated and disgruntled than they are right now. 

What we are seeing on the field is no charade, this is a real and legitimate mess this staff is trotting out on Saturdays.  And the mess has seeped over on to the defense now, which makes me wonder if the defensive coaches have grown just as brain dead as the offensive staff.  

No.  IMO The defensive staff is fine.  But Gus is losing the team right now.  Bad attitudes...a losing mentality...whatever you want to call it.  If the offense were to suddenly improve to a mediocre status, then I think you would see the defense pick it back up again.  

I would love this for the players and us fans........However,  there is a better chance for Tennessee beating bammer 76-3 come Saturday!  I have always been upbeat about Auburn even when we have fallen off in the past. I just do not see things getting better. I was ok with MSU and told myself that this was over and we would beat UT and OM handly.

Half of this equations has gone ugly with the other half very likely following suit. 4-8 is looking more likely as time passes. I hate this and want us to win out badly. If this happens, then Gus will have redeemed himself somewhat for another season. It is in God's hands so what will happen will happen.

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

Yeah, yeah.... so when your done laughing...... :P

I know the odds of Gus winning out are non existent.  But, if somehow a miracle happens and Gus does just that, or maybe even just wins out all except for 1? How much would that effect your opinion of Gus?

Im trying to figure out how I personally would feel. I mean Id be ecstatic for sure, but would I go into next season feeling like hes turned some corner? Or just confused, with less confidence on what to expect other than a roll the dice type season. I honestly dont know what that would tell me about Gus. 

Thoughts?

Ain't gonna happen so with all of life's other concerns this is not worth thinking about.

8 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I would forgive him.

I don’t in any way mean to make light of battered women, but that’s just battered wife syndrome. Forgive him, thinking things have really changed this time and are going to be different, until the next time he does it again and we’re right back where we are now.

• WarTiger changed the title to What if we Win out

If pigs fly and frogs had wings-

we still need a change.  The underdevelopment of player talent warrants change.  A coach has to adapt to give the players a chance to develop.

win or loss the University responsibility is developing and advancing students.  Not providing a Stage to some introverted madman For self advancement.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Said it already.  I'd be pretty PO'd when all is said and done.  It would prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that he completely wasted a lot of talent this year and cost us a chance at a championship with early incompetence.

Which would be yet one more crappy pattern to add to his list of crappy patterns...

I would love to beat UGA and Bama. We have no shot at all of beating Bama, and barely one in Athens. 

I'm afraid the game vs Liberty may be closer than either of those two.

Well in theory, winning would cure a lot of things, temporarily at least. Deja vu from last season kinda. This time around though feels different. I think many folks have had enough of him for good. A grassroots movement that may not can be stopped until he’s gone. 

And with my post #1993, I'd like to say...that was a heck of a good year! 

I had finally switched my allegiance early that Spring to fully Auburn fan from silly, mindless Bammer after being a student at Auburn for more than a year...then we went undefeated and had a streak of 20 wins in a row. I have never looked back. Even with this type of frustrating season, I'd rather lose in orange and blue than win in that God awful houndstooth. IGTBAAT!

WDE

I will say this... I want it to happen for the players and us fans. That would be epic. Honestly I think the chances of us getting rid of Gus are about 1% with his massive contract so we may as well win, right? I mean... if we win, we keep him. If we lose, we have to keep him anyway. May as well win. 

But as I said earlier - from what I have seen on the field, we aren't winning out. We aren't winning 2 more games unless something drastically changes. 

Wow... What has happened to me? I used to be one of the biggest SSPs on the planet. :sad2:

Archived