What if we Win out

SaturdayGT

Here is my problem in a nutshell. Every year from 2013 to present we have started out the gates like crap. Every year by game 5 Gus is saying I think we have found our identity. Why in the world can’t we be like other teams and find this out in the spring and the fall like every other D1 team. Does Gus take off all spring and Summer? It just total garbage and has been going on since day one. I think he owes more than being a part-time coach especially at the top of his pay scale. Can he win some games ? Yes . Does he lose and play down on a lot of other games ? Yes. I’m just tired of putting up with such a pathetic person.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Here is my problem in a nutshell. Every year from 2013 to present we have started out the gates like crap. Every year by game 5 Gus is saying I think we have found our identity. Why in the world can’t we be like other teams and find this out in the spring and the fall like every other D1 team. Does Gus take off all spring and Summer? It just total garbage and has been going on since day one. I think he owes more than being a part-time coach especially at the top of his pay scale. Can he win some games ? Yes . Does he lose and play down on a lot of other games ? Yes. I’m just tired of putting up with such a pathetic person.

Reminds me of Tubberville and his preseason reasoning for starting slow. 

I think everyone is in agreement on this one. I would be very, very happy for the players, the fans, and for the defensive coaches. But at the end of the day, I would be even more upset about the fact that if we beat uat and the leg humpers it would mean that we had the talent to beat every other team and because of idiocy from the Head Coach and the offensive side of the ball we couldn't get it done. That would piss me off to no end, knowing that we could have went to the playoffs and won the National Championship if we had a coach who could coach the entire year, rather than just for two games.

What if Arianna Grande walks into my office right and we start making out?

It's probably more likely to happen than Gus winning out.

Hard to fathom that scenario playing out. The players deserve better than they have gotten this year. Gus isn't the only one who has to change to win a game though. Other coaches and some key players have to improve fast. There is such chaos right now that it's hard to imagine more than one more win. I've followed and loved Auburn football for 47 years. You'd think it would get easier after going through this several times but no. Hope we get it right next time. Sadly we did not last time. 

3 hours ago, AURealist said:

No effect at all.  Auburn is a second or third rate team as long as Gus is here.  I'd rather win with a well-coached team than depend upon miraculous interventions.

Spot on ! Don’t want to be one of those teams that are just happy about beating certain teams and wasting an entire season losing games we should win. 

Winning out won’t change my personal opinion,  not that it matters. 

It would make the season more fun and it’d help with recruiting. However, I’d still want Gus out of here. Some might be complacent with 4+ losses every year, and that may well be our history, but I want better.

The way UT put up numbers in the air on Auburn...at Auburn....

Just thinking, Ole Miss has put over 900 yds through the air in the last 2 games (& Metcalf only accounted for 164 of that).  ...not to mention over 500 yds rushing in that span too...

LSU handled them well, but then if Auburn played LSU again they'd get curb-stomped, I'm afraid.

...sorry just random thoughts...

15 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Hang on.

Love that movie. 

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

The way UT put up numbers in the air on Auburn...at Auburn....

Just thinking, Ole Miss has put over 900 yds through the air in the last 2 games (& Metcalf only accounted for 164 of that).  ...not to mention over 500 yds rushing in that span too...

LSU handled them well, but then if Auburn played LSU again they'd get curb-stomped, I'm afraid.

...sorry just random thoughts...

Oh we’re losing. I’ve got no doubts in my mind. I’ll just be surprised if we win.

I’ve stayed away from boards and news. It’s easier for me, but I fully expected to open up this thread and see a number of gifs and video clips just like the Tom Hanks one😬. That is such a great clip and my feelings exactly.

Maybe we should start the spring off with talks of firing and continue each week of the season.  Maybe that'll work? Or.....we could get a coach that has a fire in his belly that wants to dominate every facet of the game and instills that desire in his players. I'll go with option B.

2 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

And with my post #1993, I'd like to say...that was a heck of a good year! 

I had finally switched my allegiance early that Spring to fully Auburn fan from silly, mindless Bammer after being a student at Auburn for more than a year...then we went undefeated and had a streak of 20 wins in a row. I have never looked back. Even with this type of frustrating season, I'd rather lose in orange and blue than win in that God awful houndstooth. IGTBAAT!

WDE

Sounds like you and I share similar stories. I left the dark side my first quarter at Auburn in the fall of ‘92 and never looked back.

Gus ain’t going anywhere with the buyout his agent negotiated.  If he did win out we might as well get over it because whether he wins out or loses them all he will be back next year.  Even it there is a similar result in 2019 he is likely to be back in 2020 because of the buyout.  After that the buyout might be down enough for the university to eat it and get rid of him.  

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

What if we Win out?

I'd give Golf a case of unlaced PBR

Congratulations for 50 years!

This would be a huge turnaround from where we are currently sitting, but I would be happy as a pig in sh*t if AU won out.   That would probably mean GA doesn’t make SEC championship and BAma lost to what some are saying is the worst team in a long time.    I would find this quite enjoyable.   I wouldn’t be thinking about Gus, I would be overcome with joy for the players 

Still needs to go, IMO. After the LSU game last year I felt the same way bc when his back is against the wall it’s completely different, when he has breathing room, it’s the same old same old. He hasn’t shown any consistency. We were in perfect position last year to say “Hey Gus, we may give you a bit of a raise, extra incentives, etc, but we aren’t going to give you a crazy extension until you show some consistency.” If he didn’t like it then he could’ve jumped to Arkansas and we wouldn’t  be in the ridiculous buyout position.

I think AG just puts on a solemn face at the moment. I think Gus is gone but he can’t let the team completely slip. He would like to keep the loses at uga and uat within 30 or 40 points . So I’m pretty sure we will play this “Hope” game until the Sunday after uat. I know everybody would like it to be sooner but I suspect that will be the game plan.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

This would be a huge turnaround from where we are currently sitting, but I would be happy as a pig in sh*t if AU won out.   That would probably mean GA doesn’t make SEC championship and BAma lost to what some are saying is the worst team in a long time.    I would find this quite enjoyable.   I wouldn’t be thinking about Gus, I would be overcome with joy for the players 

No then we get a repeat of last year where both make the playoff and laugh at us because our folks are happy with a moral victory of beating them while they went on and played for a championship. Been there done that don’t want a rinse and repeat.

Archived