What if we Win out

SaturdayGT

7 hours ago, gr82be said:

Hard to fathom that scenario playing out. The players deserve better than they have gotten this year. Gus isn't the only one who has to change to win a game though. Other coaches and some key players have to improve fast. There is such chaos right now that it's hard to imagine more than one more win. I've followed and loved Auburn football for 47 years. You'd think it would get easier after going through this several times but no. Hope we get it right next time. Sadly we did not last time. 

I didn’t choose the Auburn life the Auburn life chose me. Not for the faint of heart 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU did it right when they fired Les before he had a chance to save his job.

I really think Gus is going to unleash some different looks in the Iron Bowl and DSOR. I don't know if it'll do anything to mitigate our awful OL and help us win but even if we win by a combined 100-0 vs both teams I don't want Gus back. It would only make me mad like last season. 

I don’t see us winning out, but think about it big picture. Do you see a scenario with Jarrett playing in all those games and completely trashing his potential career? Either we get better and he is a big part of it or something happens where he’s not on the field and we do terrible.

"Too Much Too Little Too Late"...

You see what Alabama is doing to UT? Not winning out. Just want to see some competitive playcalling to keep the boys in the game.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:09 PM, gr82b4au said:

I will say this... I want it to happen for the players and us fans. That would be epic. Honestly I think the chances of us getting rid of Gus are about 1% with his massive contract so we may as well win, right? I mean... if we win, we keep him. If we lose, we have to keep him anyway. May as well win. 

But as I said earlier - from what I have seen on the field, we aren't winning out. We aren't winning 2 more games unless something drastically changes. 

Wow... What has happened to me? I used to be one of the biggest SSPs on the planet. :sad2:

I think we still are in our heart of hearts, but once you become convinced that the emperor wears no clothes, it's just impossible to imagine any outfit changing that. 

Archived