Rotation this year

AUDub

I think people get wrapped with what Pearl done in the past too much actually. He just works with the talent he has, in the past he has been blessed with multi talented big men but that doesn't mean he always play like that. If the skill set isn't right then he won't use it in the O. . I imagine he's going to want us pressuring full courtand running up tempo. Switching everything, don't think he wants a point forward right now.33

Well at least until DP comes back. I would imagine he wants an athletic shot blocker to anchor the defense

I got:

PG - Stidham

SG - Ryan Davis

SF - Canella

PF - Davidson

C - Brahms

Whoops! Wrong sport, sorry.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

he also had to adjust the way his teams play based on the rules changes a couple years ago

Yup he doesn't pressure full court anymore because of it. Kind of disappointing because that was really fun to watch during his UT days

23 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Yup he doesn't pressure full court anymore because of it. Kind of disappointing because that was really fun to watch during his UT days

We did a lot of full court pressing prior to the injuries. I think he has had to pull back the traps a bit but full court pressure is not going away (i hope)

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

We did a lot of full court pressing prior to the injuries. I think he has had to pull back the traps a bit but full court pressure is not going away (i hope)

You're right it was the traps I was thinking of lol brainfart

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

I think people get wrapped with what Pearl done in the past too much actually. He just works with the talent he has, in the past he has been blessed with multi talented big men but that doesn't mean he always play like that. If the skill set isn't right then he won't use it in the O. . I imagine he's going to want us pressuring full courtand running up tempo. Switching everything, don't think he wants a point forward right now.33

Well at least until DP comes back. I would imagine he wants an athletic shot blocker to anchor the defense

That is why I thing we see a lot of Mac at 5 assuming he is really 100%

He still does full court pressing and trapping but not quite as aggressively. I think now it is more about wearing other teams out than turning teams over and getting easy baskets. We still get some easy baskets but not as much as we would before the rule change.  He wants to pressure without getting us into foul trouble which is a fine line.

Bruce's most aggressive defense comes immediately off the inbounds play. Try to force the immediate turnover. If not, then race back down court and get a bit more organized. Can't remember too much legit full court pressure. Throwing someone like Horace in front of an inbounder's face though is fun.

Samir going down for the first two weeks, Danjel being suspended, and Austin being questionable really throws this rotation in a tizzy for the first few games. Hopefully Austin is good to go for game one. Otherwise, we're gonna see a good amount of redshirt freshman walk on Myles Parker. Former all state bball player at madison with some small school offers (like app st) but chose to come to AU. Probably a decent option but we'll see. I'm guessing he's the equivalent of what Mark Sears could be for AU

There's a difference between 3A and 7A. When you drop 25 and 7 on the state champions and you're just a sophomore. And in AAU you go undefeated while playing against shaq's and Scottie pippen sons you tend to make a name for yourself.

Good thing you're a professional recruiting/Twitter follower and not a coach! But troll on lil fella 😂

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

Yall wild lol

I mean what type of passive aggressive posting is this lol. This will be my greatest accomplishment though, I'm going to keep it all basketball. No personal insults. I'm sort of angry I'll have to wait a few years before I laugh at this guy though

Archived