Gatewood

AidiAU

I just want to see Joey on the field in any capacity that allows him to touch the ball.  He has not played a single game so he can still play in 4 games and redshirt. What a shame if he sees no action at all this year, probably ever being he would likely transfer if he doesn't.  JMO of course. 

27 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Joey traveled to Ole Miss. Does this mean he is no longer injured? 

It means that Gatewood is finna eat. Just remember who has stood by him for so long. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It means that Gatewood is finna eat. Just remember who has stood by him for so long. 

You don’t need to remind me. I think I claimed the VP or Secretary position of his fan club. 😂

Unless things have changed recently, JG is #4 on the depth chart and not getting many practice reps.   Is that who we want in a must win game?  

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Unless things have changed recently, JG is #4 on the depth chart and not getting many practice reps.   Is that who we want in a must win game?  

We’re talking about Gus here and he is desperate. 

They going back to true Gus routes and bringing back the Cam read option attack? Put Joey in and run the inside zones and throw deep. Could see Gus completely taking over to try and save his job. Can not be much worse.

My guess is wildcat. Or a couple specialty plays. This game is extremely important for bowl eligibility. We are terrible in 3rd and short. I predict he’ll play today and three more games not Liberty. 

We had an entire drive built on nothing but freshmen touches. Our top 5 playmakers are underclassmen. Gus may have issues when underclassmen are not reliable but he’s proven he’ll use them when they are effective.

3 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

We had an entire drive built on nothing but freshmen touches. Our top 5 playmakers are underclassmen. Gus may have issues when underclassmen are not reliable but he’s proven he’ll use them when they are effective.

Where were Asa, Shyvers, and Gatewood in the fourth?

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Shivers played a lot the whole game.  Gatewood will be redshirted but should get some playing time in the remaining games.  I do agree that Asa should have gotten some touches. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Not sure how that validates “Gus doesn’t trust young players”. Gatewood hasn’t played a down, irrelevant. Shivers played all game and in the 4th. Asa has played a total of 5 snaps all season, but none today period. This is a silly argument, he’s riden the frosh since game 1, offense and defense.

Archived