Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Agree 100%. Also, one bad call did not lose the LSU game for us.

It was 2 bad calls on the PI and the missed PI on LSU plus one ticky tack holding call on our O late in the game... that’s this year.  

Last year it was the 2 blatant blocks in the back on the Chark return...

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Time will tell, but for now they have a coach with a natty and a consistent track record of 10-12 win season, the # 2 recruiting class in the nation, they are still in the SEC West race that weve been out of the 2 weeks, and just beat an undefeated Kentucky team.  We will need to improves significantly to beat them in 2 weeks, because they’ve improved significantly this season. I’m afraid the Aggies are in a good spot the next few years. Again, time will tell. 

Absolutely, time will tell. I’m just saying they are stuck worse than we are if their expectations aren’t met.

He benefited from the conference he coached in, down years of in state competitors in a talent rich state, and a very dynamic QB playing in the NC. 

Again, time will tell and I could very well be proven wrong.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

LSU game has nothing to do with losing to Tennessee and Mississippi state. If losing a game like LSU in the last seconds can cause the season to go down hill, then we have some serious leadership issues. 

I disagree. Confidence/momentum is huge with young kids.

You are on to something here. Who is our leader on the offense? JS? CC? Certainly not obvious and that is a big problem.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are on to something here. Who is our leader on the offense? JS? CC? Certainly not obvious and that is a big problem.

You can disagree all you want but last year we loss to LSU and then we beat two #1 teams after. But now this year it’s different ? Explain? 

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

but it’s clear that some of this season has been outside of Gus’s control.

I’m trying to stay positive and optimistic as well, but what has been out fo Gus’s control? He has 2-4 games preseason that are inexplicably bad. So far on this thread, we’ve blamed the refs, Jimmy Sexton, the schedule, etc... Gus wouldn’t be in this mess if he put a consistent product on the field. Review some of his losses: lose to Clemson with the whirlybird offense while Pettway sits out, lose to Clemson giving up 11 sacks, lose a 20 point lead to LSU, lose an 11 point lead to LSU at home, lose back to back weeks to first year coaches. The stats are telling: over 80% of our pass plays are outside the hashes, certain personnel on the field lead to opposing coaches screaming out our plays to their defense, not having a backup running back in a season where we had multiple blowouts to get one ready. Gus has the talent, resources, coaching staff, and experience. If he starts coaching with purpose, passion, and confidence he can turn this thing. If he remains hardheaded and keep coaching scared, he can’t. For Auburn’s sake, I hope he rights the ship. Either way, I will support our players 100%.

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Was trying to get updates. Somebody in the stands told me Stidham missed a wide open TD & took a sack instead, also Schwartz dropped a TD?? 

Defender had Schwartz arm on his drop.  Slayton dropped another easy deep throw.  Stidham looked better but had plenty of time most throws.  Was off if any mush rush got close throwing off his back foot and inaccurate.  If we can’t run successfully we can’t win.  Stidham doesn’t have that kind of leadership at this point regardless of scheme in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

It was 2 bad calls on the PI and the missed PI on LSU plus one ticky tack holding call on our O late in the game... that’s this year.  

Last year it was the 2 blatant blocks in the back on the Chark return...

If we take care of business last year instead of blowing a 20 point lead, those blown calls are irrelevant.

We should have taken care of business this year as well and not put the outcome of the game anywhere near the hands of the refs.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Amen we have no “real” leaders on O.  Just a bunch of good guys that like each other.  

On D you have Davis.  We were up 31-9 and he’s screaming at one of the DBs on an incomplete pass because they took the wrong angle.  

Just now, PigskinPat said:

If we take care of business last year instead of blowing a 20 point lead, those blown calls are irrelevant.

We should have taken care of business this year as well and not put the outcome of the game anywhere near the hands of the refs.

I agree with the premise but other teams play hard to

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So, you lose one game by one point with everything still left to play for and it puts our team into a tailspin? Do you seriously think our team is that fragile?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

You can disagree all you want but last year we loss to LSU and then we beat two #1 teams after. But now this year it’s different ? Explain? 

Our offensive personnel is a shell of last years team. Not remotely comparable. You agree right?

Just now, corchjay said:

Amen we have no “real” leaders on O.  Just a bunch of good guys that like each other.  

On D you have Davis.  We were up 31-9 and he’s screaming at one of the DBs on an incomplete pass because they took the wrong angle.  

Love watching Davis out there. Effort every play.

8 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

He benefited from the conference he coached in, 

Gus is 1-3 against that conference he coached in. 

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Our offensive personnel is a shell of last years team. Not remotely comparable. You agree right?

But what does that have to do with losing to Tennessee and Mississippi state.  Our team has much more talent than those two still? You agree, right? UK has a better offensive personnel than us? Is that what you are saying?  

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So, you lose one game by one point with everything still left to play for and it puts our team into a tailspin? Do you seriously think our team is that fragile?

Yes. Unfortunately. Particularly on O.

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Love watching Davis out there. Effort every play.

Absolutely and Boobee on O.  Plus not sure if anyone noticed or not but Brahms seemed to step up his nasty streak a little this week.  Not saying he’s arrived at all but getting better.  Tega played well today.  I thought Trox played pretty good as well the holding call was horse crap.  Seems our OL plays better when Driscoll is out 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The situation was different. Last year, nobody thought we were any good when we lost to LSU. Expectations going into that game were low. Last year, LSU was our Tennessee game. Everyone was on the fire Gus bandwagon. The players had several desparation “come to Jesus” meetings which helped to light the fire that led to our big run.

This year, everyone expected us to to be in the mix for the championship at the end of the season, and everyone expected Orgeron to be fired at the season’s end. Most of the sports commentators were picking us to blow LSU out. When we lost, it completely disrupted any progress the team made in weeks 1-3. As a fan, that was one of the worst losses I’ve ever experienced because it felt like we lost to a terrible team. I can’t imagine how our 18 year old football players felt. The next week, the players looked uninspired, and they’ve continued to look that way until today.

Aside from the similarity of us losing to LSU, I don’t see the losses as any way comparable.

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Quit pumping that #2 recruiting ranking they will be lucky if they finish in the top 10 at the end of the signing period.  I predict around 11-12ish range.  We saw that as almost a failure on signing day last year but look at the young talent we have 

I will recite current facts as I choose to. But thank you. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

But what does that have to do with losing to Tennessee and ole miss.  Our team has much more talent than those two still? You agree, right? UK has a better offensive personnel than us? Is that what you are saying? 

We beat Ole Miss right? Not on offense. Who on our oline could start on UK's oline?

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Gus is 1-3 against that conference he coached in. 

Point taken.

But, it was the 1 top team that emerges 2 of which were national champs. Top to bottom it is not even close. 

Just now, AUFriction said:

The situation was different. Last year, nobody thought we were any good when we lost to LSU. Expectations going into that game were low. Last year, LSU was our Tennessee game. Everyone was on the fire Gus bandwagon. The players had several desparation “come to Jesus” meetings which helped to light the fire that led to our big run.

This year, everyone expected us to to be in the mix for the championship at the end of the season, and everyone expected Orgeron to be fired at the season’s end. Most of the sports commentators were picking us to blow LSU out. When we lost, it completely disrupted any progress the team made in weeks 1-3. As a fan, that was one of the worst losses I’ve ever experienced because it felt like we lost to a terrible team. I can’t imagine how our 18 year old football players felt. The next week, the players looked uninspired, and they’ve continued to look that way until today.

Aside from the similarity of us losing to LSU, I don’t see the losses as any way comparable.

I am just baffled at the 180 going on here from you lol . But alright 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Then that is a coaching problem.

With regards to recruiting/player development perhaps.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

We beat Ole Miss right? Not on offense. Who on our oline could start on UK's oline?

I meant Mississippi state. Don’t be dense 

Archived