Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

10 minutes ago, hutchids said:

well, with Liberty left, we'll get to see Auburn in a bowl game. That's nice, I guess. Hopefully not the B-ham bowl again. Hopefully the pressure stays on Gus

I hate saying it but we won't be much better than the Birmingham Bowl. I'd actually be happy with that since it would mean I could go to a game, and a bowl game at that. 

MAYBE if the offense plays like this against A&M, we could maybe win that one possibly. But we won't win against UGA or Bama unless they improve dramatically. In all 3 phases. 

So we will likely be in the Birmingham Bowl caliber bowl.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OL - not good that Driscoll is hurt. Troxell isn’t great right now and truly looks like a freshman. Glad he got some playing time and we looked better as a unit. Yes it’s against a bad Ole Miss but Southern Miss tore our OL up with a three man front. Improvement.

RB - Asa and Kam should transfer. Boobee is the back of the future if he can stay healthy. Shiv is a great change of pace back. Mail is a goal line battering ram and pass blocker. Glad Boobee is only a freshman and sad he won’t hit 1,000.

WR - some bad drops but overall good play. The chemistry and or timing with Stidham has just never formed. Schwartz, Hill, Williams, Davis are our best 4. Slayton is good but inconsistent.

QB - I’ve said this before but he’s like Tom Brady. If he feels safe in the pocket he’s a completely different guy. Still needs to calm down. When QBs overthrow touchdowns it’s usually because they’re gettin too excited to make a play.

Nothing has changed. Good to see new guys getting chances . Would’ve liked to see more new faces as time was winding down. I don’t understand the need to keep starters in on both sides of the ball when you aren’t going to keep the same intensity with the game plan. Just bring young guys in and call the game the same way.

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Glad for the players and fans.  But this is typical Gus.... "Gus up" the season, get your back against the wall, then suddenly decide to show up.  Or maybe Ole Miss is really just that bad...(worse than UT? ...really?)

Just wish they'd rip off the band-aid.  This is only delaying the inevitable.

After winning today, it's going to depend on how we look against UGA and Bama.

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Is the Ole Miss game really worth 2 post game threads?

We created one at the same time and a mod hasn’t  merged them 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nothing has changed. Good to see new guys getting chances . Would’ve liked to see more new faces as time was winding down. I don’t understand the need to keep starters in on both sides of the ball when you aren’t going to keep the same intensity with the game plan. Just bring you guys in and call the game the same way.

I wish Asa would have played. I don’t understand why he didn’t when whitlow went out. He is must be in the doghouse. 

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I wish Asa would have played. I don’t understand why he didn’t when whitlow went out. He is must be in the doghouse. 

Asa has got to be in the “dog house” there is not other explanation 

So are we gonna start acting like Gus should stay as coach because we won against one of the worst defenses in the country? The answer seems to clear but I gotta ask.

28 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Ole miss's defense is absolutely terrible. Boobie is gonna be a beast for the next head coach. So will Seth Williams and Schwartz.

Gus isn’t going anywhere this year. If we lost today, maybe. But we are now probably going to a bowl game. Given his buyout, there’s no way he gets fired now.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What were the tweaks? 

Looked like Driscoll tweaked his knee and Whitlow might have tweaked a hammy... I kid I kid 

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

So are we gonna start acting like Gus should stay as coach because we won against one of the worst defenses in the country? The answer seems to clear but I gotta ask.

112th ranked rush D.

Yeah, our OL and RB looked awesome!

That was 100% Gus that game.  Run run run and then run some more.  Loved it!  Defense stayed fresh.  Hope Boobee is ok.  He is the key to this offense.  Shivers and Miller looked good as well.  

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

112th ranked rush D.

Yeah, our OL and RB looked awesome!

Extend his contract to 14 years. Gotta lock him down.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

No excitement here. That speaks volumes

Nah....it's always the whiners who are on the post game.....not enough for them to gripe about so only the three or four true hard-case whiners are here.....

Nice to get the win....never that easy on the road in the SEC.....hoping Boobee will be OK for the next game....plenty of time for the dings to heal...I hope...

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

A delay of the inevitable.

Archived