Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

24 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I hate saying it but we won't be much better than the Birmingham Bowl. I'd actually be happy with that since it would mean I could go to a game, and a bowl game at that. 

MAYBE if the offense plays like this against A&M, we could maybe win that one possibly. But we won't win against UGA or Bama unless they improve dramatically. In all 3 phases. 

So we will likely be in the Birmingham Bowl caliber bowl.

Pull against South Carolina and Missouri. If both of them are 6-6 at best, there's a chance we get selected for one of the "Group of Six" bowls.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wcware said:

The only difference today is that we could run the ball.

As bird said, against the 112th ranked rush D. Idc if Gus wins out, which I doubt he will, he still needs to go after this season.

19 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I wish Asa would have played. I don’t understand why he didn’t when whitlow went out. He is must be in the doghouse. 

According to the participation chart on the Auburn official website, Asa has only appeared in 4 games, which means his RS isn't shot.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As bird said, against the 112th ranked rush D. Idc if Gus wins out, which I doubt he will, he still needs to go after this season.

100%

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

According to the participation chart on the Auburn official website, Asa has only appeared in 4 games.

He played in one game, one play but that play may have been a penalty? Would that count as a game played?

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nah....it's always the whiners who are on the post game.....not enough for them to gripe about so only the three or four true hard-case whiners are here.....

Nice to get the win....never that easy on the road in the SEC.....hoping Boobee will be OK for the next game....plenty of time for the dings to heal...I hope...

Finally show yourself again huh?

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yeah, but will our AD seek changes? Methinks Birmingham Bowl, and definitely a G6 bowl, will make Greene wait another year.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

No excitement here. That speaks volumes

Exactly.  I said in the game thread that it was probably the most sane one I'd ever seen.  Ahhh, apathy.  Thanks Gus.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, but will our AD seek changes? Methinks Birmingham Bowl, and definitely a G6 bowl, will make Greene wait another year.

Out of reactions but 😭

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Exactly.  I said in the game thread that it was probably the most sane one I'd ever seen.  Ahhh, apathy.  Thanks Gus.

Tons of apathy because we know, even if we don’t want to believe, what the future holds.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nah....it's always the whiners who are on the post game.....not enough for them to gripe about so only the three or four true hard-case whiners are here.....

Nice to get the win....never that easy on the road in the SEC.....hoping Boobee will be OK for the next game....plenty of time for the dings to heal...I hope...

I know I’m not in the “whiner” category, maybe I’m wrong lol, but, We’re tired of having no excitement by midseason almost every year under Gus. Most of us are super happy for the players and AU as a whole, but we still want Gus gone, plain and simple. 

It sucks that under Gus I can’t watch other games and enjoy them because auburn is not in the hunt for anything.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nice to get the ewin....never that easy on the road in the SEC.....hoping Boobee will be OK for the next game....plenty of time for the dings to heal...I hope...

Nobody whines about whiners like 64.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Tons of apathy because we know, even if we don’t want to believe, what the future holds.

In the spirit of upcoming Halloween, I can't remember the last time I watched a game where Auburn actually dominated an SEC opponent but felt like a Zombie. 

Just now, AUsince72 said:

In the spirit of upcoming Halloween, I can't remember the last time I watched a game where Auburn actually dominated an SEC opponent but felt like a Zombie. 

Exactly how I felt, felt numb during this game, like nothing really mattered. The players and AU deserve more. For the people saying keep Gus and put the money towards “upgrades” think who’s really getting the raw end of the deal here, the players.

26 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Gus isn’t going anywhere this year. If we lost today, maybe. But we are now probably going to a bowl game. Given his buyout, there’s no way he gets fired now.

I don't think the Belk Bowl is gonna save him. If he loses to A&M at home, then gets beat by UGA nad Bama, then I think he's gone. The money is there apparently. The moment just needs to come.

i want whatever is best for auburn university and the kids on the team. < this is how you make your point with a little bit of class.

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

At least my secondary school is winning haha

3 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don't think the Belk Bowl is gonna save him. If he loses to A&M at home, then gets beat by UGA nad Bama, then I think he's gone. The money is there apparently. The moment just needs to come.

We're gonna have to be chosen over two of Mizzou, USCe and Tennessee to avoid Birmingham. I hope looking at Alabama's thrashing of Tennessee (again) reminds everyone of Gus's incompetence.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Glad for the win, but it doesn't change anything for me.  We need to stop underachieving as a program and accepting it as a fanbase.

^^^^this.. so happy for the players but changes nothing for Gus.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Glad for the win, but it doesn't change anything for me.  We need to stop underachieving as a program and accepting it as a fanbase.

Amen and amen TT. Out of reactions 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

At least my secondary school is winning haha

Mine is UT, so last week was interesting to say the least... Haha

Archived