Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hey scooter how about you use yours? he just said he does not pull for auburn to lose. use yours. anyone that pulls against the team is not a fan in my book. you included if it is what you are alluding to.

Oh, no, don't get me wrong.  I wanted Gus to lose badly today.  It would've been the best thing for the program and the players.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bowl game doesn’t save him in my eyes. We lose to the next three opponents and specifically in embarrassing fashion against our two biggest rivals, he absolutely needs to be dismissed prior to the bowl game

Exactly. It's going to come down to how we look against UGA and Bama. If we win or lose in respectful fashion, he may hang on to his job. If we get curbstomped that will most likely be it.

14 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

UAT just put up 28 on the road to a team that beat us at home...in the first quarter.

I mean, we can cue up the "UAT is out of everybody's league" line, and I tend to agree, but the return on investment on 49 million over 7 years opens itself up to a LOT of criticisms, whether nitpicky or not.  So, I would say at least for the next 2-3 years (shudders to even type that), the "whiners,"  are more than justified to vent their frustrations barring a title (conference, not division) in 2019 or 2020.

It's not that Bama is out of anyone's league. It's about you guys comparing every little thing to them that gets old.

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Go blue! UM baby . Starting my doctoral there this spring

Nice man. Best of luck with that. My new gig has nice academic incentives, I have thought about doing one at Texas.

Just now, thrustmaxwell said:

Oh, no, don't get me wrong.  I wanted Gus to lose badly today.  It would've been the best thing for the program and the players.

well i did. i will never ever pull against the team. ever. the gus thing is gonna work out one way or the other regardless of what we think or want.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

Nice man. Best of luck with that. My new gig has nice academic incentives, I have thought about doing one at Texas.

Might as well, if you can! Always utilize those resources. Plus that is a beautiful campus 

i see pulling against the team as a betrayal. you guys can say anything you want but nothing will ever change my mind.

Though it was a much needed win, let's not get too pumped up by beating Ole Miss. Ole Miss was one of the worse teams to stop the running game. Auburn still has a long season head after a much deserved bye week.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Might as well, if you can! Always utilize those resources. Plus that is a beautiful campus 

A lot of good looking women on that campus as well 😉

I see pulling for Gus as a betrayal to the actual program. We all know he's not the right man. Cheering for him is prolonging a problem. And if you pull for him, then you're actually pulling against auburn. And nothing will ever change my mind.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Exactly. It's going to come down to how we look against UGA and Bama. If we win or lose in respectful fashion, he may hang on to his job. If we get curbstomped that will most likely be it.

It's not that Bama is out of anyone's league. It's about you guys comparing every little thing to them that gets old.

Problem is if Auburn goes through with this is Bama/Saban will impact our hire. Booger was talking about it this morning on the SEC show that coaches don't want a part of that. Media is going to be a big enemy in regards to hiring I'm afraid if they pull the trigger on Gus.

I'll be honest, and hope I'm wrong, but if they fire Gus this year the results will end up being the same or worse if Gus was to have been retained. Unless Saban retires.

That's also based on a friend I use to work with that played Big 12 ball and still has friends in the coaching D-1 Power 5 Circles.

gus looked mad as the devil when a reporter asked him his post game thoughts. i mean really mad.

46 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I know I’m not in the “whiner” category, maybe I’m wrong lol, but, We’re tired of having no excitement by midseason almost every year under Gus. Most of us are super happy for the players and AU as a whole, but we still want Gus gone, plain and simple. 

It sucks that under Gus I can’t watch other games and enjoy them because auburn is not in the hunt for anything.

Yes!!! People are tired of being tired. I don't blame anyone for complaining. Now if we were still in the hunt and he wasn't doing one of the worst coaching jobs in AU history then yeah I would understand being annoyed that people are complaining but no it's not that way. I simply don't care anymore. I'm done watching games until he is fired. People can call me fairweather or whatever but I don't care. He is dooping us and that pisses me off even more. He thinks this win will get him in good graces..He also thought donating that money would too. Bullcrap!!!

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Problem is if Auburn goes through with this is Bama/Saban will impact our hire. Booger was talking about it this morning on the SEC show that coaches don't want a part of that. Media is going to be a big enemy in regards to hiring I'm afraid if they pull the trigger on Gus.

I'll be honest, and hope I'm wrong, but if they fire Gus this year the results will end up being the same or worse if Gus was to have been retained. Unless Saban retires.

That's also based on a friend I use to work with that played Big 12 ball and still has friends in the coaching D-1 Power 5 Circles.

Yeah. I'm worried about who the potential hire is. And the money they have to spend to get rid of Gus might not justify it. But it's absolutely obvious that it's time for a change. Gus in his infinite dumbassery has alienated himself from the entire fanbase and administration and made his job almost untenable. I almost think it's just a giant troll job. Kind of like the plot to "The Producers"

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I've never been up to UM but one of my sister's good friends is/was a Pharmacy prof up there and she loved it.

3 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I see pulling for Gus as a betrayal to the actual program. We all know he's not the right man. Cheering for him is prolonging a problem. And if you pull for him, then you're actually pulling against auburn. And nothing will ever change my mind.

Fair weathered. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

I just wish we could play OM every week. It would truly be rainbows and unicorns all the time. :)

I used to think that about Tennessee. Until last week.

again. i will never pull against the team. the gus thing will take of itself. saying you pull for the team to lose is just throwing players under the bus. especially the seniors. i am not ever going to do that. and i am not happy either but i am not going to harp on it over and over. to me some things cross the line and pulling for your team to lose is one of those.

Call me a whiner if you want but I’m not pleased with how we closed out this game. Essentially started to burn clock at the start of the fourth. Didn’t get a backup qb any playing time. Didn’t keep trying to score and defense allowed a touchdown after an awesome job preventing one all game.

Ending games that softly is what leads to games like the 2013 NC debacle. Play every drive like it’s the game winning drive. Score 100 if they’ll let you and allow 0 points if possible.

If I’m Gus and I’m fighting for my job, which he is, I’m making a statement by scoring as much as I can. Was really hoping to see more diversity on offense that first drag route was awesome. We’ve wasted Ryan Davis’ senior season. 

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Yeah. I'm worried about who the potential hire is. And the money they have to spend to get rid of Gus might not justify it. But it's absolutely obvious that it's time for a change. Gus in his infinite dumbassery has alienated himself from the entire fanbase and administration and made his job almost untenable. I almost think it's just a giant troll job. Kind of like the plot to "The Producers"

Ya. Unfortunately the return doesn't look like it will be there. It is causing a ton of bad blood. I just don't have faith in our ability to hire right now given surrounding circumstances.

The media will trash trash Gus, then the moment he is pulled they will have fun trashing Auburn thinking anyone would want to step in to take the job. They will do their best to make a joke out of us as much as they would if we kept Gus. Win/Win for them.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Call me a whiner if you want but I’m not pleased with how we closed out this game. Essentially started to burn clock at the start of the fourth. Didn’t get a backup qb any playing time. Didn’t keep trying to score and defense allowed a touchdown after an awesome job preventing one all game.

Ending games that softly is what leads to games like the 2013 NC debacle. Play every drive like it’s the game winning drive. Score 100 if they’ll let you and allow 0 points if possible.

If I’m Gus and I’m fighting for my job, which he is, I’m making a statement by scoring as much as I can. Was really hoping to see more diversity on offense that first drag route was awesome. We’ve wasted Ryan Davis’ senior season. 

Gus only does that to Arkansas when he can. We're 6 years in to this predictable crap, nothing will change. Just hang on and ride it out

Archived