Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Elite doesn’t recruit top 10 nationally and win 8 or less games 60%+ of the time under said HC.

And elite record teams don’t play the schedule we do either.  Put OSU Clemson OKie with our schedule year in and year out and I bet anything they have plenty of 8 win seasons

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, corchjay said:

See this is what drives us “sunshine” pumpers crazy because it’s just opinion and not fact based.  The likelihood with or without Gus as head coach I would say is pretty high that we win the SEC in the next 4 years.  That’s just history

Ummm we went from 1957 to 1983 with no SEC titles...then from 89 to 04...then 04 to 10...That’s history. There are no guarantees with or without Gus but I think we’ve seen Gus’s best. And since this is a message board where people share OPINIONS and all then I think they’re well within their rights to do so. 

Just now, corchjay said:

See this is what drives us “sunshine” pumpers crazy because it’s just opinion and not fact based.  The likelihood with or without Gus as head coach I would say is pretty high that we win the SEC in the next 4 years.  That’s just history

I base it off his atrocious post season performances. Love you corch and I respect your opinion. Just think it’s time to let Gus enjoy the paid not to coach here house with Gene.

A good coach with our talent in no way loses to Mississippi State and Tennessee. After 6 seasons I’m ready for someone new. The grass may not be greener but I already know I don’t like this yard. 

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

What? That’s crazy. We were in the SEC championship last year and now we are unranked with a losing record in the SEC.You would take that from a coach who is getting paid top tier money? Seriously ?

Yes however he shouldn’t be paid that much... stupid financial decision that was made but how is that on Gus.  He should make about 5m a year not 7

And elite record teams don’t play the schedule we do either.  Put OSU Clemson OKie with our schedule year in and year out and I bet anything they have plenty of 8 win seasons

You can make all the excuses you want but if auburn was 8-5 or even 7-6 on a down year and 9+ in most years, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Gus has lost to some of the worst squads that some schools have had in recent memory.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Ummm we went from 1957 to 1983 with no SEC titles...then from 89 to 04...then 04 to 10...That’s history. There are no guarantees with or without Gus but I think we’ve seen Gus’s best. And since this is a message board where people share OPINIONS and all then I think they’re well within their rights to do so. 

Yup, we should have 2 national championships over the last few years and I blame Gus for not finishing those seasons correctly.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

And who fault was that? Apples to oranges comparison . Get real 

Lol I’m not even sure what we’re arguing about.  I agree with your premise. I just think it’s disingenuous for the pumpers to get all high and mighty when they’re the ones who have defended this mediocrity for too long. And I’m aware you’re not one of them so I think we’re ok here. 

20 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Man, reading through this thread really shows how Gus has united the fanbase huh? 

Can we please stop with all the “ man those kids are pouring their hearts out and risking injury for Auburn “ and “ they’re just kids” stuff?  Good lord. I will not and cannot pull against our Tigers. Just can’t. However, truth be told losing today may have been more beneficial long term for Auburn than winning. We aren’t winning a championship. Best we can hope for is a low crap bowl game. If losing today were to have pushed Gus out a little faster then perhaps we would’ve been better off. These players were not drafted into playing football. They chose it. They chose to come to Auburn. God Bless them and I love them for it but their lives are pretty good being student athletes at AU and they have an opportunity to make a good life afterwards regardless of the outcome of the games. I’m pretty sure the 2012 team isn’t a bunch of homeless bums now so they do get over it. I’m proud of their effort today, I’m proud they won. But to sit here on a freaking message board and criticize a fan because they are looking big picture instead of small is ridiculous. I understand those who might rather have had OM win today. Is this win gonna save our season? No. Unless hell freezes over we ain’t beating uga or uat so 7-5 is all we can ask for. Is that soooo much better than 6-6? And if we had lost, and Gus was fired, and it led to a hire that led to a great era of Auburn football, wouldn’t that one loss be worth it in the long haul?? You pumpers come on here and ridicule people for not doing or saying the right things on a board and lecturing everyone on how they should feel and act. All your “true fans wouldn’t act that way” bologna is just horse manure. You have no clue what these people are like in real life or what’s in their heads. If you truly want what’s best for the players you should want a new freaking coach tomorrow! That’s what would be best for these “poor poor kids” who are forced into a miserable life of servantude playing for our amusement.  political reference removed Let fans handle this how they need to. It’s yet another season of disappointment we are going through that has become all too common for Auburn. Get off your high horses. Let’s debate X’s and O’s and coaching changes and schedules and whatever but stop with the virtue signaling BS judging other fans reactions to more mediocre coaching that you’ve been defending for four years. War Damn Eagle. 

political references removed

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Gus has 3, 8 win or less seasons in 5 years of his tenure 2013-2017. LSU has 3, 8 win or less seasons from 2008-present

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I base it off his atrocious post season performances. Love you corch and I respect your opinion. Just think it’s time to let Gus enjoy the paid not to coach here house with Gene.

A good coach with our talent in no way loses to Mississippi State and Tennessee. After 6 seasons I’m ready for someone new. The grass may not be greener but I already know I don’t like this yard. 

I understand the frustration of an unfulfilled season.  We are there but in my opinion and I’ve been wrong before I think Gus and this staff is still a Top 10 group.  The breaks, calls, bounces have definitely not gone our way and some seasons are like that.  How many freshman and first year starters do we have on offense.  I knew we would struggle early but was hoping by now that execution would be a little better and that is on both players and coaches.  There are definitely things I would do differently but overall I approve of his offense.  Maybe need more diversity in play call to down and distance but you get the point

At the end of the day. I don’t think Gus is safe. I think that is why he is on the edge. I think he is in a no win situation. He wins all the games down the stretch and people will say

“ well why do you have to wait until the seat gets hot to coach?” 

He loses the next 3 games and it will be justified IMO. He has no one to blame but himself tbh. I don’t think he made a lot of friends the way he carried himself through his contract extension . It is only amplified now that we have had mediocre results.

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You can make all the excuses you want but if auburn was 8-5 or even 7-6 on a down year and 9+ in most years, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Gus has lost to some of the worst squads that some schools have had in recent memory.

But we do play that type schedule and regardless will have seasons like this.  

1 minute ago, DAG said:

At the end of the day. I don’t think Gus is safe. I think that is why he is on the edge. I think he is in a no win situation. He wins all the games down the stretch and people will say

“ well why do you have to wait until the seat gets hot to coach?” 

He loses the next 3 games and it will be justified IMO. He has no one to blame but himself tbh. I don’t think he made a lot of friends the way he carried himself through his contract extension . It is only amplified now that we have had mediocre results.

I blame Sexton... he has ruined college football in a lot of ways

Just now, corchjay said:

But we do play that type schedule and regardless will have seasons like this.  

And LSU doesn’t? We’ve had  3, 8 win or less seasons in 5 years, while losing to some turrrrrible Georgia squads in that frame.

Just now, corchjay said:

I blame Sexton... he has ruined college football in a lot of ways

But who are the ones employing him? Usually the fault of the owner when a mad dog is uncontrollable 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

And LSU doesn’t? We’ve had  3, 8 win or less seasons in 5 years, while losing to some turrrrrible Georgia squads in that frame.

Yes they’ve averaged about 1 win more then we have.  Mainly their wins against us.  And they have been the more talented team on paper if this recruiting class holds and we finish decent next years roster will be the first in many years that our roster is more talented then theirs 

35 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Man, reading through this thread really shows how Gus has united the fanbase huh? 

Can we please stop with all the “ man those kids are pouring their hearts out and risking injury for Auburn “ and “ they’re just kids” stuff?  Good lord. I will not and cannot pull against our Tigers. Just can’t. However, truth be told losing today may have been more beneficial long term for Auburn than winning. We aren’t winning a championship. Best we can hope for is a low crap bowl game. If losing today were to have pushed Gus out a little faster then perhaps we would’ve been better off. These players were not drafted into playing football. They chose it. They chose to come to Auburn. God Bless them and I love them for it but their lives are pretty good being student athletes at AU and they have an opportunity to make a good life afterwards regardless of the outcome of the games. I’m pretty sure the 2012 team isn’t a bunch of homeless bums now so they do get over it. I’m proud of their effort today, I’m proud they won. But to sit here on a freaking message board and criticize a fan because they are looking big picture instead of small is ridiculous. I understand those who might rather have had OM win today. Is this win gonna save our season? No. Unless hell freezes over we ain’t beating uga or uat so 7-5 is all we can ask for. Is that soooo much better than 6-6? And if we had lost, and Gus was fired, and it led to a hire that led to a great era of Auburn football, wouldn’t that one loss be worth it in the long haul?? You pumpers come on here and ridicule people for not doing or saying the right things on a board and lecturing everyone on how they should feel and act. All your “true fans wouldn’t act that way” bologna is just horse manure. You have no clue what these people are like in real life or what’s in their heads. If you truly want what’s best for the players you should want a new freaking coach tomorrow! That’s what would be best for these “poor poor kids” who are forced into a miserable life of servantude playing for our amusement.  politcal reference removed Let fans handle this how they need to. It’s yet another season of disappointment we are going through that has become all too common for Auburn. Get off your high horses. Let’s debate X’s and O’s and coaching changes and schedules and whatever but stop with the virtue signaling BS judging other fans reactions to more mediocre coaching that you’ve been defending for four years. War Damn Eagle. 

you just smeared me twice without mentioning my name. one you probably did not know but still. you and others are becoming an embarrassment as fans. you have fun with that. not your place

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

But who are the ones employing him? Usually the fault of the owner when a mad dog is uncontrollable 

Both parties the universities work with him and the coaches do but he’s totally screwed AU over multiple times in my opinion 

Yes they’ve averaged about 1 win more then we have.  Mainly their wins against us.  And they have been the more talented team on paper if this recruiting class holds and we finish decent next years roster will be the first in many years that our roster is more talented then theirs 

We can agree to disagree since you are cemented on your view. A team that recruits as well as auburn should not be a 7-8 win team most of the time. You don’t pay a coach top 5 in the nation for that.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you just smeared me twice without mentioning my name. one you probably did not know but still. you and others are becoming an embarrassment as fans. you have fun with that.

Ok dude. You keep doin you then. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We can agree to disagree since you are cemented on your view. A team that recruits as well as auburn should not be a 7-8 win team most of the time. You don’t pay a coach top 5 in the nation for that.

That’s my biggest issue is the contract.  I’m not cemented and waiting until the end of the season.  

Just now, corchjay said:

That’s my biggest issue is the contract.  I’m not cemented and waiting until the end of the season.  

Had we given him a limited raise and some incentives as I have said before, wouldn’t have had a problem with that. The ridiculous contract is what is so maddening 

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I agree with you. 

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Both parties the universities work with him and the coaches do but he’s totally screwed AU over multiple times in my opinion 

I think aTm just got suckered too.

Archived