Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

So are we gonna start acting like Gus should stay as coach because we won against one of the worst defenses in the country? The answer seems to clear but I gotta ask.

You would think we just beat the turds!!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

If you think you saw the best our players can do against Mississippi State and Tennessee then we absolutely watched different games.

I think we are talking past each other here. I've seen little evidence we'll get better on O, but I dang sure hope we do. Our D laid the proverbial egg against State. Witnessed it first hand. I know they can be better than that, but it simply did not happen. Missed the Tenn game, so I'll defer to you on what you think happened.

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It does look like the O-Line is timid and confused about 90% of the time. That confusion makes them slow. Today seemed maybe a step up from last week. 

Lack of experience.  Very very inexperienced on the OL but should be better by this time of the year.  Confidence is a factor as well and a under performing QB doesn’t help.  

Now is time to get a couple days off and rest up/heal up.  Have a couple good physical practices and then prep for aTm

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Fair enough but they are done and many other teams have plenty of spots to fill.  So take the victory lap however you like on your fact.  If Gus stays AU will finish higher then aTm in the recruiting rankings.  So not sure what your point is

Earlier today, someone inferred that D Craig had not been heard from in the coaching ranks. So I informed them that he was coaching at TAMU and recruiting well as usual and cited their ranking. A few minutes ago someone inferred that TAMU might have made a mistake with Jimbos contract. I referenced some early accomplishments by him and his team (after qualifying that time will tell), and one of those early accomplishments is their current recruiting ranking. Not a victory lap, just backing up my take with a current fact. And I hope you’re right about Gus staying and us finishing higher than them. For what its worth, I’m not necessarily a Fisher fan, but my son goes to school there so I track them more than most AU fans do, Have a good evening and War Eagle. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think we are talking past each other here. I've seen little evidence we'll get better on O, but I dang sure hope we do. Our D laid the proverbial egg against State. Witnessed it first hand. I know they can be better than that, but it simply did not happen. Missed the Tenn game, so I'll defer to you on what you think happened.

Defense played very poor.  If we run block better the offense gets much better.  We are a run first offense and that will not change in the middle of the season.  People that think we can just go 5 wide and sling it around.  It don’t work like that.  Our identity is run first... every thing is based off that.  So being able to consistently pick up 3-5 yards per carry is imperative to success 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nick brahm 4 star recruit 

Kaleb Kim 4 star recruit Army all american

Calvin Ashley 5 star recruit UA all American 

Austin Troxel 4 star recruit UA all American 

Thats 3 all Americans lol

So what are you saying? You think they are playing like 4 and 5 stars? If so, I disagree.

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Earlier today, someone inferred that D Craig had not been heard from in the coaching ranks. So I informed them that he was coaching at TAMU and recruiting well as usual and cited their ranking. A few minutes ago someone inferred that TAMU might have made a mistake with Jimbos contract. I referenced some early accomplishments by him and his team (after qualifying that time will tell), and one of those early accomplishments is their current recruiting ranking. Not a victory lap, just backing up my take with a current fact. And I hope you’re right about Gus staying and us finishing higher than them. For what its worth, I’m not necessarily a Fisher fan, but my son goes to school there so I track them more than most AU fans do, Have a good evening and War Eagle. 

Great for Benedict Arnold Craig.  War Eagle.

8 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

The entire gameday crew picked Auburn this year, and said LSU had no chance. The consensus was that Miami was just terrible, and that LSU didn’t look that great.

In comparison, we beat the favorite in the pac12 in week 1, and sports commentators completely bought in to us being legitimate.

So, yeah, I think this year’s loss was more deflating.

Three of the four pickers picked Auburn, but you’re wrong that they thought LSU had no chance. All of them thought it would be a close game.

Who was a part of the consensus that Miami was terrible after the LSU game? I missed that. 

If the way we handle losses is dictated on if commentators had bought into us, then there’s a problem.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

So what are you saying? You think they are playing like 4 and 5 stars? If so, I disagree.

Development.  That’s what he’s saying and lack of improvement so far this year.  

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Nope! Again, it is a coaching issue. If you can’t beat less talented people with the 4 and 5 stars that you went out your way to specifically recruit then that is an issue. Whether it is development , gameplanning , execution or all of it. It is a dang problem. When your offense can’t produce against Arkansas who gave up tons of yards against North Texas . That is a problem. The offense as a unit mind you. 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Totally agree. I've seen no development/improvement. 

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

My Dad went to TAMU so I have always been a fan. I hated that they hired Jimbo because I loathe him. But I still want TAMU to do well. They have had to contend with Texas in the same way AU has had to deal with bammer. It would be nice to see them prosper....when not playing Auburn of course.

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Three of the four pickers picked Auburn, but you’re wrong that they thought LSU had no chance. All of them thought it would be a close game.

Who was a part of the consensus that Miami was terrible after the LSU game? I missed that. 

If the way we handle losses is dictated on if commentators had bought into us, then there’s a problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/09/auburn_a_xx-score_favorite_aga.amp

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Totally agree. I've seen no development/improvement. 

They have gotten a little better but not good enough to be a good offense and no playmakers are bailing them out.  It’s all the above... coaching, development, leadership, and desire

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

They have gotten a little better but not good enough to be a good offense and no playmakers are bailing them out.  It’s all the above... coaching, development, leadership, and desire

Add in execution and I think all three of us are on the same page. Only one of us is dense. ;)

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Somebody finally comprehending ! Thank you . Talking to walls here lol

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

That’s a nice article, but it has NOTHING to do with you saying gameday said LSU had no chance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Who-did-ESPN-College-GameDay-pick-LSU-Auburn-game-121892685/Amp/

We were a two score favorite...

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

My Dad went to TAMU so I have always been a fan. I hated that they hired Jimbo because I loathe him. But I still want TAMU to do well. They have had to contend with Texas in the same way AU has had to deal with bammer. It would be nice to see them prosper....when not playing Auburn of course.

I have no hate for them but I am not a Fisher fan.  And I hate UT so gig ‘em when/if they ever play

Just now, AUFriction said:

We were a two score favorite...

We were also a top 10 team which we obviously aren’t.  We’re a decent team that if the offense executes we can win games if we don’t then we need special teams or defense to make some big plays to be in games

We got fans asking who on our offensive line can start for Kentucky. And flat out serious .This is where we are folks. From top ten to who can start for Kentucky . Gracious.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Missing the point apparently...

The point is we have no business being unranked nor losing to Mississippi state or Tennessee . You can spin it all you want. 

Archived