Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

And to add to my point, '78 implies that this was a rebuilding year. Gee, MAYBE we shouldn't have choked away that game in BR last year? Because THEN we would've been in the playoffs!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro we don’t got guys who can start at Kentucky . This guy knew he predicted 8-4. Yet even that looks bleak!

"we don't got guys" LOL 

Put down the bottle and get some rest. Call me in the morning. I'll buy breakfast and you some coffee. :comfort:

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

And to add to my point, '78 implies that this was a rebuilding year. Gee, MAYBE we shouldn't have choked away that game in BR last year? Because THEN we would've been in the playoffs!

Not losing in the SEC game like we did. You don’t lose by 3 TDs and get in and the LSU game last year drove me bonkers

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

"we don't got guys" LOL 

Put down the bottle and get some rest. Call me in the morning. I'll buy breakfast and you some coffee. :comfort:

Man, I got a beautiful Columbian bride. I think she would think it would be weird if I am on the phone with jake from State Farm in the morning 

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

No one is banging that drum.  The off-season is for grand dreams.  We have underperformed but in no way should we fire our coach.  Should we make some changes absolutely but ditching the staff no frickin way.  

Personally torn on the coaching changes, but unless Gus pulls another rabbit out of the hat, I am favoring his dismissal.  

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Are you really suggesting we finish in the top 25? Would be nice I guess, but it ain't happening. We would have to beat both Aggies and Leg Humpers.

After the way this season has gone top 25 is the last thing on my mind, we're 3/4 into the season without any real positive identity on O with amen corner coming up

Just now, AUwent said:

If we didn't have this damn buyout, I'd say we should make Leach an offer he can't refuse...thanks Leath!

I like leach but I don’t think that 5 wide would win the SEC. it would make the offense fun though but I fear against teams like Bama and UGA it would be problematic.

Just now, AUwent said:

If we didn't have this damn buyout, I'd say we should make Leach an offer he can't refuse...thanks Mr. Prez!

No thanks.  Pass only or run only doesn’t work in the SEC.  you better have balance 

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

78 didn't say that. You did. Don't be dense like DRAG.

Just now, corchjay said:

No thanks.  Pass only or run only doesn’t work in the SEC.  you better have balance 

Yep it would look good until we faced a team with quality DBs

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I like leach but I don’t think that 5 wide would win the SEC. it would make the offense fun though but I fear against teams like Bama and UGA it would be problematic.

I'm not sure. Alabama usually has issues against teams who can throw it most just lack a ground game once bama adjusts.

Come on man get real. Nobody, nobody compares Gus favorably to what Dabo has done at Clemson. You can make all the bad conference excuses you want to. The fact of the matter is Gus has taken an "elite" SEC team up against Clemson, and Dabo a few times, and has one win while Dabo was still building his program. Not to mention Gus's performance against that beat down we took at the hands of Oklahoma from that crappy big 12 conference. Look, I'm one of Gus's biggest critics on this board, but would never pull against my Tigers. If we need more losses to convince the people that matter that Gus isn't the man for the job then we have a much bigger problem.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man, I got a beautiful Columbian bride. I think she would think it would be weird if I am on the phone with jake from State Farm in the morning 

Cool. I used to date a Colombian girl when in Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. Anyway, bring her, I'll buy her breakfast too! LOL

4 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I'm not sure, Alabama usually has issues against teams who can throw it most just lack a ground game once bama adjusts.

But remember, those QBs who Bama usually lose to also tend to be somewhat mobile. Johnny, Chad, Cam, Nick, Trevor.. I believe Stidham and “Bro” Nix were some of the few stationary QBs that caused them problems. 

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Had we given him a limited raise and some incentives as I have said before, wouldn’t have had a problem with that. The ridiculous contract is what is so maddening 

Right. It's not Sexton necessarily. It's Leath who signed that ridiculous contract on our behalf.  Leath could have said no, we're not doing this.

We won a game we were supossed to win and thats great, but the 4th quarter put a damper on any particularly great feelings I may have had.  For a team that seems to be in need of a more killer attitude it was a complete waste. He leaves the starters in but just plays kill the clock.  Why the hell not keep the foot on the gas? Or at a bare ass minimum put in Willis and the 2nd team and have them actually try to score!  It just completely is beyond any reasonable thought process.  That was valuable time that is in short supply this season to get experience and improve totally wasted.

I thought it was "just win baby"....but guess that does not apply here....

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I thought it was "just win baby"....but guess that does not apply here....

It's both.  In a game like today, where we had it in hand in the 4th, we could have easily gotten meaningful snaps for the 2nd string O against SEC competition.  We wasted that opportunity.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Doubt it 

Ok this was entertaining between you and @AUFAN78 and both have made good points and not so good points but it’s boring now...  

and im married to an extremely attractive hot blonde and we know blondes have more fun

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

puts us in position for championships most seasons... 

Malzahn has been at Auburn 6 seasons. Two of those 6 we have had a chance at a championship. In one of those 2 seasons we still lost 4 games. In the other 4 of his complete seasons, we lost at least 5 games. He also has a 6 loss season in there. This isn't counting what will most likely be another 6 loss season this season. Fans have EVERY right to complain about Malzahn.

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Malzahn has been at Auburn 6 seasons. Two of those 6 we have had a chance at a championship. In one of those 2 seasons we still lost 4 games. In the other 4 of his complete seasons, we lost at least 5 games. He also has a 6 loss season in there. This isn't counting what will most likely be another 6 loss season this season. Fans have EVERY right to complain about Malzahn.

Great point fire him.  I’ve seen the light.  

Archived