Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

Our fan base is the laughing stock..."

Get real. Our fan base is a million strong, not these 20 guys in here dooking it out day after day. Next time one random guy semantically declares he wants the team to lose, try not to get unhinged and start trying to fight the whole world. Screw that guy. You know the real laughing stock of all of college football in 2018? Our coach and his contract. Nice win today. Somehow I don't see it leading to another win, so it's bittersweet. War Eagle.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

Our fan base is the laughing stock..."

Get real. Our fan base is a million strong, not these 20 guys in here dooking it out day after day. Next time one random guy semantically declares he wants the team to lose, try not to get unhinged and start trying to fight the whole world. Screw that guy. You know the real laughing stock of all of college football in 2018? Our coach and his contract. Nice win today. Somehow I don't see it leading to another win, so it's bittersweet. War Eagle.

This

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

stop this crap right here and now.  No reason at all to keep mentioning this week after week.  MOVE ON

you d-bagged yourself and  continue to be an a-hole to an insider who knows what he is talking about way more than you.  You also further  show how unstable you are and how disgusting it is if you are coaching children.  Calling out your statement is needed.

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

There's one glaring issue with this.  Saban has nothing to do with our record at this point in the year.  Another coach absolutely could have us in a better position.

That is not what I'm saying. You are right he has no influence on our record on the field. Someone else could have us in a better position. I'm looking at if they follow through with firing him.

He will play an absolute influence on if we get another coach that would have us in a better position. Like Booger said on the show, if coaches (like ones Auburn want to lure) wanted a part of the SEC West and guys like Saban they would already be in the conference. There is a reason they aren't already at Auburn.

So the next coach could be worse than Gus, could have us in a worse position, and could set the program back even further than if we waited 2 years to pull the trigger. But people looking at AU playing UGA/UA, the tie in for AU with those programs, Saban's success, those will definitely be factors that influence who takes the job.

If they buy him out I hope they prove me wrong and will gladly admit I was.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:55 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

Booger was talking about it this morning on the SEC show that coaches don't want a part of that. Media is going to be a big enemy

Didn't read the entire thread, but my lord, IF we are concerned about the opinions of Booger McFarland, Marcus Spears, Finebaum and other MORONS of that ilk, we are screwed with or without Gus.

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Didn't read the entire thread, but my lord, IF we are concerned about the opinions of Booger McFarland, Marcus Spears, Finebaum and other MORONS of that ilk, we are screwed with or without Gus.

You can say that, but like it or not they talk with and are tied into the coaching ranks. It was actually Marcus Spears that said it. Also have a friend that played Big 12 and has coaching ties that will tell you the same thing.

If he is so wrong then why isn't Bob Stoops, Herman, Shaw, Kelly, Meyer, Franklin, Gundy etc etc in the SEC atm? Were plenty of job openings last year. If people were kicking down the door to get the Auburn job then why did we accept Gus's terms?

Call em Morons if you want, I guarantee those guys know more than 99% of this board in and out of conference. Now if you can prove them wrong I'm more than willing to listen.

13 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

It was actually Marcus Spears that said it

That's why I threw out his name; he's equally as stupid as Booger.

why isn't Bob Stoops, Herman, Shaw, Kelly, Meyer, Franklin, Gundy etc etc in the SEC atm?

Stoops is retired.  Herman is at UT which is about Alabama equivalent. Shaw is set at Stanford. Chip Kelly got spanked in the NFL and is getting spanked in Arizona. Franklin was already here at our worst football school. Gundy played at OSU and is probably happy there for life.  I doubt any SEC school tried to pull those guys either.

Call em Morons if you want, I guarantee those guys know more than 99% of this board in and out of conference.

They may have more face time with coaches than 99% of this board, but I'll stand by being generous calling them morons.  Cronyism at it's best with broadcasting based on who you know and have contact with.  It's not about merit and knowledge.

20 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That's why I threw out his name; he's equally as stupid as Booger.

Stoops is retired.  Herman is at UT which is about Alabama equivalent. Shaw is set at Stanford. Chip Kelly got spanked in the NFL and is getting spanked in Arizona. Franklin was already here at our worst football school. Gundy played at OSU and is probably happy there for life.  I doubt any SEC school tried to pull those guys either.

They may have more face time with coaches than 99% of this board, but I'll stand by being generous calling them morons.  Cronyism at it's best with broadcasting based on who you know and have contact with.  It's not about merit and knowledge.

And yet those names are all coming up when people start hiring at other schools in the SEC or are being tossed out now in threads here.

Gundy actually interviewed and said no to 42 million and Tennessee.

Thought Chip Kelly was at UCLA?  Also turned down Florida and Tenn

The hottest available coaching candidate could pick from one of several schools. At least Florida, Tennessee and UCLA have made overtures or offers to Chip Kelly, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/11/22/chip-kelly-considers-offers-florida-ucla-turns-down-tennessee/888551001/

Also wasn't Herman on the LSU list? At one was even thought a deal in principal had been accepted?

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/11/25/tom-herman-lsu-texas-going-head-head-houston-coach

6 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

And yet those names are all coming up when people start hiring at other schools in the SEC or are being tossed out now in threads here.

I know, but never thought they were realistic.  Lots of rumors on who offered who.  I gave my reasons those guys wouldn't come.

Thought Chip Kelly was at UCLA?

Yep.  I confused Herm and Sumlin and Chip - regardless they're all getting spanked and Sumlin couldn't cut it in the SEC anyway.

Also turned down Florida and Tenn

Also wasn't Herman on the LSU list? At one was even thought a deal in principal had been accepted?

Like I said lots of rumors.  I'd take Texas over LSU anyway.  And Chip didn't want anymore after NFL.  UCLA is perfect for him.

Not really arguing with you, other than Auburn can get a better coach than Gus.  Not necessarily what some would call a "Name" coach.  But you don't need that to be better than Gus.

Archived