Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

5 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Ya. Unfortunately the return doesn't look like it will be there. It is causing a ton of bad blood. I just don't have faith in our ability to hire right now given surrounding circumstances.

The media will trash trash Gus, then the moment he is pulled they will have fun trashing Auburn thinking anyone would want to step in to take the job. They will do their best to make a joke out of us as much as they would if we kept Gus. Win/Win for them.

after seeing who some other programs have hired recently, I just think it's so so so so effing difficult to get a known commodity nowadays. Every school has cash. And not many want to come to the sec west to lose to saban. Spending 30 million to fire Gus and then hire an unproven coordinator is kind of dumb but it also kind of has to be done.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Call me a whiner if you want but I’m not pleased with how we closed out this game. Essentially started to burn clock at the start of the fourth. Didn’t get a backup qb any playing time. Didn’t keep trying to score and defense allowed a touchdown after an awesome job preventing one all game.

Ending games that softly is what leads to games like the 2013 NC debacle. Play every drive like it’s the game winning drive. Score 100 if they’ll let you and allow 0 points if possible.

If I’m Gus and I’m fighting for my job, which he is, I’m making a statement by scoring as much as I can. Was really hoping to see more diversity on offense that first drag route was awesome. We’ve wasted Ryan Davis’ senior season. 

Agree and the reality is that Gus has made his statement. The future of Auburn under Gus seems to be simply the next play. No concern for beyond that. It's like he's so short-sighted that injuries and depth development are not even in his thought process. 

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Ya. Unfortunately the return doesn't look like it will be there. It is causing a ton of bad blood. I just don't have faith in our ability to hire right now given surrounding circumstances.

The media will trash trash Gus, then the moment he is pulled they will have fun trashing Auburn thinking anyone would want to step in to take the job. They will do their best to make a joke out of us as much as they would if we kept Gus. Win/Win for them.

our fan base is mostly considered a laughingstock the way we have acted. people raided the board and copied a bunch of negative comments from fans. we want to hold the team accountable for every little bitty thing but the fans get a pass and can act anyway they want. some of you get mad when the team struggles or think they quit but then it is ok to quit on the team? not buying it for one minute. i am glad i never had to go to war with some of you folks.

17 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Though it was a much needed win, let's not get too pumped up by beating Ole Miss. Ole Miss was one of the worse teams to stop the running game. Auburn still has a long season head after a much deserved bye week.

I don't think anyone is

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Call me a whiner if you want but I’m not pleased with how we closed out this game. Essentially started to burn clock at the start of the fourth. Didn’t get a backup qb any playing time. Didn’t keep trying to score and defense allowed a touchdown after an awesome job preventing one all game.

Ending games that softly is what leads to games like the 2013 NC debacle. Play every drive like it’s the game winning drive. Score 100 if they’ll let you and allow 0 points if possible.

If I’m Gus and I’m fighting for my job, which he is, I’m making a statement by scoring as much as I can. Was really hoping to see more diversity on offense that first drag route was awesome. We’ve wasted Ryan Davis’ senior season. 

exactly pissed me off and ruined the win. No killer instinct, back to timid scared play calling same ole bs.

If Ole Miss is calling timeouts Im gonna try and score. Why play Stidham the last 10 minutes if you are going to play crap ball.

Auburn is a weak delicate team

Pulling for Auburn ≠ Pulling for Gus. Not necessarily. I want Auburn to succeed at every level, regardless of my feeling toward the coaching staff. You forget that in today's coaching climate, consistently going 8-4/9-3 gets you fired at top-tier programs and Auburn is a top-tier program. I won't insult another fan, but if you pull against your own team hoping for a losing record over some coach, you need to turn in your fan card.

Auburn has, is, and forever will be greater than any head coach

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

our fan base is mostly considered a laughingstock the way we have acted. people raided the board and copied a bunch of negative comments from fans. we want to hold the team accountable for every little bitty thing but the fans get a pass and can act anyway they want. some of you get mad when the team struggles or think they quit but then it is ok to quit on the team? not buying it for one minute. i am glad i never had to go to war with some of you folks.

I'm pulling for the win out man. Not a big fan of chalking up L's before people have stepped on the field.

It is looking like the firing might happen though, I have no control on that. Long as they do like aTm and don't use student funding in it all I can do is go with it. Then hope from the business side they do better.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I really don't think any real Auburn fan has quit the team regardless of what they may say on here. Everyone is ticked about this season and how Gus keeps asking us to the prom and standing us up. People have quit on Gus, not Auburn. Some have chosen to spend their Saturday afternoon doing something else. Doesn't mean they've quit Auburn. Just avoiding the aggravation. They are probably still listening whether they watch or not. People are upset with Gus and this is their outlet. Auburn hasn't lost any fans, the players haven't lost any fans. Just the coach. We just know that Gus pulled a Houdini escape before and we don't want that to happen again. 

any of you watch iggie playing while limping all game? anyone watch boobie come in and play hurt and still play his guts out and getting hurt again while giving his heart and soul anyway? and  you want to throw him under the bus as well? not me baby.

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I really don't think any real Auburn fan has quit the team regardless of what they may say on here. Everyone is ticked about this season and how Gus keeps asking us to the prom and standing us up. People have quit on Gus, not Auburn. Some have chosen to spend their Saturday afternoon doing something else. Doesn't mean they've quit Auburn. Just avoiding the aggravation. They are probably still listening whether they watch or not. People are upset with Gus and this is their outlet. Auburn hasn't lost any fans, the players haven't lost any fans. Just the coach. We just know that Gus pulled a Houdini escape before and we don't want that to happen again. 

+1

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

No need to explain yourself to another grown man. If folks can't see things for what they are then so be it. I could care less what anyone on here or anywhere else thinks about me or my opinions. They are mine. There are some on here that wanna try and pull on heart strings or demean their character because they don't support the jackass HC we have. If they're THAT sensitive,  they should probably just listen to the games and commentary on the Auburn Radio Network. It will save them alot of tender, heartfelt moments of confrontation with people that hopped off that rainbow 3 yrs ago.

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

the classy way to do this is pull for the team with all your heart until the season is over. then raise all the hell you want to. giving up on the kids to me is not an option and i am not buying any excuses of how those wanting the team to fail is nothing but complete garbage. i do not care how much fabreese you spray on it it still stinks to high heaven.

45 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It's not that Bama is out of anyone's league. It's about you guys comparing every little thing to them that gets old.

Depends how the comparing is being done in my opinion.  If it's a good ole "poor Auburn fan" inferiority complex to them I agree.  But I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing yourself to the best in your field if your ultimate goal is to be in that same position.  Hell, to not compare yourself to the best if that is your goal is downright negligent.  It's a big boy business, regardless of certain people's tendencies to understate it as a "kids" game.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

+1

mav you need to reread the thread. good grief we got several folks pulling for auburn to lose the rest of our games to make sure gus does not get another year. they are willing to throw the kids on this years team under the bus for a different coach. there was a post on here last week that got deleted quick because they wanted gus to die. and he posted it twice i think . i am not sure because i missed the first one but the poster asked why it was deleted and basically posted the same thing again.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

mav you need to reread the thread. good grief we got several folks pulling for auburn to lose the rest of our games to make sure gus does not get another year. they are willing to throw the kids on this years team under the bus for a different coach. there was a post on here last week that got deleted quick because they wanted gus to die. and he posted it twice i think . i am not sure because i missed the first one but the poster asked why it was deleted and basically posted the same thing again.

on another site folks were wanting to hire a private investigator to dig up dirt on gus. that kind of classless bull just sticks in my craw. yes gus is struggling. yes gus wants to win. he has run a pretty clean program and though he has failed he deserves better. i never thought i would be ashamed of some uburn fans. i expect this low class stuff from bummer fans but i always thought we were better than that. and i am going to speak out because a lot of folks feel like i do but will not speak out.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

No, I understand where they are coming from. Not the part you were referencing, that’s a bit much. I however am not pulling for the team to lose and am rooting for the players every game, bc they deserve better. I +1’d @gr82b4au Bc he hit the nail right on the head. We are tired of Gus and he needs to go, if you are asking for people not to be pissed at Gus until the end of the season then you are asking too  much. I will pull for auburn every game of the season no matter the record or circumstances. However I will not lie, I felt numb this game, like nothing really mattered. I’m tired of not wanting to watch football by midseason Bc auburn isn’t in the hunt for anything. The disdain from most is for Gus, not the team

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

AU loses games, then gus gets fired. USE. YOUR. BRAIN.

That’s stupid logic in every sense.  Want Gus fired all you want but to pull against your team is a pathetic of a fan.  Our fan base is stupid now and it’s embarrassing.  

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

No, I understand where they are coming from. Not the part you were referencing, that’s a bit much. I however am not pulling for the team to lose and am rooting for the players every game, bc they deserve better. I +1’d @gr82b4au Bc he hit the nail right on the head. We are tired of Gus and he needs to go, if you are asking for people not to be pissed at Gus until the end of the season then you are asking to much. I will pull for auburn every game of the season no matter the record or circumstances. However I will not lie, I felt numb this game, like nothing really mattered. I’m tired of not wanting to watch football by midseason Bc auburn isn’t in the hunt for anything. The disdain from most is for Gus, not the team

What other mid season have we been out of the running for a championship? Cause we’ve played for 2 in 5 years.  

always will pull for Auburn to win period. I said this before and I will say this again, it makes no logical sense to say your support the team and players but hope they are defeated on the field. Just think about that for a second? These guys are giving their hearts out and yet you hope they lose? 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

No, I understand where they are coming from. I however am not pulling for the team to lose and am rooting for the players every game, bc they deserve better. I +1’d @gr82b4au Bc he hit the nail right on the head. We are tired of Gus and he needs to go, if you are asking for people not to be pissed at Gus until the end of the season then you are asking to much. I will pull for auburn every game of the season no matter the record or circumstances. However I will not lie, I felt numb this game, like nothing really mattered. I’m tired of not wanting to watch football by midseason Bc auburn isn’t in the hunt for anything. The disdain from most is for Gus, not the team

numb and tired of not wanting to watch a game midseason will never justify throwing the kids under the bus. make any excuse you want if it makes you feel better. not me. auburn is my heart. i will never pull against them nor will i ever respect anyone who pulls against the team. and i am not asking people to not be pissed at gus. i want better as well. those kids are what counts to me and they risk injury every single snap of the game. they deserve better.

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What other mid season have we been out of the running for a championship? Cause we’ve played for 2 in 5 years.  

We were pretty much considered “out” after the LSU loss last year.

2015: 2 losses by week 5

2016: 2 losses by week 4

2017: 2 losses by week 7

2018: 3 losses headed into week 8

Just now, aubiefifty said:

numb and tired of not wanting to watch a game midseason will never justify throwing the kids under the bus. make any excuse you want if it makes you feel better. not me. auburn is my heart. i will never pull against them nor will i ever respect anyone who pulls against the team. and i am not asking people to not be pissed at gus. i want better as well. those kids are what counts to me and they risk injury every single snap of the game. they deserve better.

I’m tired of watching football as whole, not AU. I get aggravated not wanting to watch other teams play and being able to enjoy it Bc of AU consistently not playing well

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

We were pretty much considered “out” after the AU loss last year.

2015: 2 losses by week 5

2016: 2 losses by week 4

2017: 2 losses by week 7

2018: 3 losses headed into week 8

My issue is the fact that we have been preseason top ten twice in the last 4 years and have fallen off to being unranked. Freaking unnacceptable. I don’t want to hear crap about our history. Doesn’t mean I want this trend to continue.

Archived