Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’ll take 2 in 5 years with a SEC championship 2 times over 10 years forever.  At this point that will probably put us in the playoffs 3 out of 10 years...  I’ll take like that forever regardless of what happens in some of the down years unless we go winless back to back years

What? That’s crazy. We were in the SEC championship last year and now we are unranked with a losing record in the SEC.You would take that from a coach who is getting paid top tier money? Seriously ?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

Wait what happened ? Lol

i have no idea. it was a 30 second spot getting his reastion after the game. he gave nice replies but he was turrible mad....................lol

22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What other mid season have we been out of the running for a championship? Cause we’ve played for 2 in 5 years.  

2015 says hi.

Anyway. Not exactly a bumper crop of coaches this year. I really wanted to see potential lists pop up, you know the kind when a coach is probably gone.

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i pull for michigan just because i cannot stand osu. and that was before urbie crier got there.....

My wife is from Michigan. Her whole family are UM thru and thru. I however pull for Michigan St just to shake things up. We all dislike tOSU, but their disdain goes above ours for bammer. 

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

exactly pissed me off and ruined the win. No killer instinct, back to timid scared play calling same ole bs.

If Ole Miss is calling timeouts Im gonna try and score. Why play Stidham the last 10 minutes if you are going to play crap ball.

Auburn is a weak delicate team

Out of likes but +1 to you my friend

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Anyway. Not exactly a bumper crop of coaches this year. I really wanted to see potential lists pop up, you know the kind when a coach is probably gone.

True….and about all the coaches I've seen mentioned here have nothing special to offer or would have no reason to take the AU job.. JMO 

Most have modest records against modest competition ….and I'm amused by the idea that if one of them came here, all of a sudden he would be able to bring in great coordinators and assistant coaches ….and be able to recruit 4* and 5* players.   

It’s funny because we have a faction of our fan base who seems to think we are too hard on Gus. UM has 1 loss right now. They probably will go on to win 10 games this year. That would be 10 wins in 3 of the 4 years that Coach Jim has been there. BUT let them lost to tOSU again this year? Those folks will go bat crazy lol

as they should mind you. CJH has had an abysmal record against tOSU and Michigan State (they don’t even see them as a true rival). 

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

So ull take 7-8 win seasons most of the time and the occasional championship season?

Yes.  Absolutely if it’s 2-3 times over a 10 year period

Just now, corchjay said:

Yes.  Absolutely if it’s 2-3 times over a 10 year period

That is exactly why auburn will never take the step to “elite”. People who are fine with that have no reason to complain

18 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

careful mav, he will threaten to drive to your town and choke you out in 20 seconds, lol

stop this crap right here and now.  No reason at all to keep mentioning this week after week.  MOVE ON

Man, reading through this thread really shows how Gus has united the fanbase huh? 

Can we please stop with all the “ man those kids are pouring their hearts out and risking injury for Auburn “ and “ they’re just kids” stuff?  Good lord. I will not and cannot pull against our Tigers. Just can’t. However, truth be told losing today may have been more beneficial long term for Auburn than winning. We aren’t winning a championship. Best we can hope for is a low crap bowl game. If losing today were to have pushed Gus out a little faster then perhaps we would’ve been better off. These players were not drafted into playing football. They chose it. They chose to come to Auburn. God Bless them and I love them for it but their lives are pretty good being student athletes at AU and they have an opportunity to make a good life afterwards regardless of the outcome of the games. I’m pretty sure the 2012 team isn’t a bunch of homeless bums now so they do get over it. I’m proud of their effort today, I’m proud they won. But to sit here on a freaking message board and criticize a fan because they are looking big picture instead of small is ridiculous. I understand those who might rather have had OM win today. Is this win gonna save our season? No. Unless hell freezes over we ain’t beating uga or uat so 7-5 is all we can ask for. Is that soooo much better than 6-6? And if we had lost, and Gus was fired, and it led to a hire that led to a great era of Auburn football, wouldn’t that one loss be worth it in the long haul?? You pumpers come on here and ridicule people for not doing or saying the right things on a board and lecturing everyone on how they should feel and act. All your “true fans wouldn’t act that way” bologna is just horse manure. You have no clue what these people are like in real life or what’s in their heads. If you truly want what’s best for the players you should want a new freaking coach tomorrow! That’s what would be best for these “poor poor kids” who are forced into a miserable life of servantude playing for our amusement.  political references removedLet fans handle this how they need to. It’s yet another season of disappointment we are going through that has become all too common for Auburn. Get off your high horses. Let’s debate X’s and O’s and coaching changes and schedules and whatever but stop with the virtue signaling BS judging other fans reactions to more mediocre coaching that you’ve been defending for four years. War Damn Eagle. 

This forum, like Auburn football, isn’t very much fun this year. I really enjoy both and I think that’s why I have such animosity towards Gus.

Gus will never win the SEC again and I feel rather confident in saying so. It’s unfortunate Leath gave him such a ridiculous contract. However, we can’t afford his failures for yet another season. Tired of starting out in the top 10 and ending as a laughing stock.

You know things are bad when bammers are hardly talking any trash. I think they’re bored with their own games.

I think we take a young energetic more alpha male type coach. Give him a one year deal to prove his salt. Only extend it to two more years if proven. Then, if he can sustain success for three straight years start looking at a longer contract with heavy incentives. Protect ourselves a little bit better with how the buyout is structured.

We shouldn’t ever have to worry about whether or not we’re going to reach a bowl game. Expect better, demand better, and don’t settle.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s funny because we have a faction of our fan base who seems to think we are too hard on Gus. UM has 1 loss right now. They probably will go on to win 10 games this year. That would be 10 wins in 3 of the 4 years that Coach Jim has been there. BUT let them lost to tOSU again this year? Those folks will go bat crazy lol

as they should mind you. CJH has had an abysmal record against tOSU and Michigan State (they don’t even see them as a true rival). 

He hasn’t beaten OSU.  Gus has and has won the SEC been to an MNC and played for another SEC.  huge difference 

31 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Man, reading through this thread really shows how Gus has united the fanbase huh? 

Can we please stop with all the “ man those kids are pouring their hearts out and risking injury for Auburn “ and “ they’re just kids” stuff?  Good lord. I will not and cannot pull against our Tigers. Just can’t. However, truth be told losing today may have been more beneficial long term for Auburn than winning. We aren’t winning a championship. Best we can hope for is a low crap bowl game. If losing today were to have pushed Gus out a little faster then perhaps we would’ve been better off. These players were not drafted into playing football. They chose it. They chose to come to Auburn. God Bless them and I love them for it but their lives are pretty good being student athletes at AU and they have an opportunity to make a good life afterwards regardless of the outcome of the games. I’m pretty sure the 2012 team isn’t a bunch of homeless bums now so they do get over it. I’m proud of their effort today, I’m proud they won. But to sit here on a freaking message board and criticize a fan because they are looking big picture instead of small is ridiculous. I understand those who might rather have had OM win today. Is this win gonna save our season? No. Unless he’ll freez over we ain’t beating uga or yay so 7-5 is all we can ask for. Is that soooo much better than 6-6? And if we had lost, and Gus was fired, and it led to a hire that led to a great era of Auburn football, wouldn’t that one loss be worth it in the long haul?? You pumpers come on here and ridicule people for not doing or saying the right things on a board and lecturing everyone on how they should feel and act. All your “true fans wouldn’t act that way” bologna is just horse manure. You have no clue what these people are like I’m real life or what’s in their heads. If you truly want what’s best for the players you should want a new freaking coach tomorrow! That’s what would be best for these “poor poor kids” who are forced into a miserable life of servantude playing for our amusement.  political reference removed Let fans handle this how they need to. It’s yet another season of disappointment we are going through that has become all too common for Auburn. Get off your high horses. Let’s debate X’s and O’s and coaching changes and schedules and whatever but stop with the virtue signaling BA judging other fans reactions to more mediocre coaching that you’ve been defending for four years. War Damn Eagle. 

Hard to argue with that. Well said. Wde

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That is exactly why auburn will never take the step to “elite”. People who are fine with that have no reason to complain

Auburn is already elite.  Who is more “elite”?  Bama?  OSU?  Clemson?  Ok wow 3 teams been better or more consistent.  Bama is on a historic run, OSU is just better then every one in conference, Clemson in a decent run but no competition in the ACC and won’t last regardless of how elite everyone thinks Dabo is.  OKie is in a horrible conference.   So explain to me how we are t already Elite?

27 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Can we please stop with all the “ man those kids are pouring their hearts out and risking injury for Auburn “ and “ they’re just kids” stuff?  Good lord. I will not and cannot pull against our Tigers. Just can’t. However, truth be told losing today may have been more beneficial long term for Auburn than winning. We aren’t winning a championship. Best we can hope for is a low crap bowl game. If losing today were to have pushed Gus out a little faster then perhaps we would’ve been better off. These players were not drafted into playing football. They chose it. They chose to come to Auburn. God Bless them and I love them for it but their lives are pretty good being student athletes at AU and they have an opportunity to make a good life afterwards regardless of the outcome of the games. I’m pretty sure the 2012 team isn’t a bunch of homeless bums now so they do get over it. I’m proud of their effort today, I’m proud they won. But to sit here on a freaking message board and criticize a fan because they are looking big picture instead of small is ridiculous. I understand those who might rather have had OM win today. Is this win gonna save our season? No. Unless he’ll freez over we ain’t beating uga or yay so 7-5 is all we can ask for. Is that soooo much better than 6-6? And if we had lost, and Gus was fired, and it led to a hire that led to a great era of Auburn football, wouldn’t that one loss be worth it in the long haul?? You pumpers come on here and ridicule people for not doing or saying the right things on a board and lecturing everyone on how they should feel and act. All your “true fans wouldn’t act that way” bologna is just horse manure. You have no clue what these people are like I’m real life or what’s in their heads. If you truly want what’s best for the players you should want a new freaking coach tomorrow! That’s what would be best for these “poor poor kids” who are forced into a miserable life of servantude playing for our amusement.  leave the political reference out of it Let fans handle this how they need to. It’s yet another season of disappointment we are going through that has become all too common for Auburn. Get off your high horses. Let’s debate X’s and O’s and coaching changes and schedules and whatever but stop with the virtue signaling BA judging other fans reactions to more mediocre coaching that you’ve been defending for four years. War Damn Eagle. 

Doesn’t matter if it is beneficial, if you are rooting for your team to lose then you obviously aren’t rooting for the players. If you are truly a competitor , you don’t ever want to lose, doesn’t matter how bleak the future looks. So yes, that’s a crap mindset in my eyes. mod edit:  leave the political references out of any and all discussions here

Just now, corchjay said:

Auburn is already elite.  Who is more “elite”?  Bama?  OSU?  Clemson?  Ok wow 3 teams been better or more consistent.  Bama is on a historic run, OSU is just better then every one in conference, Clemson in a decent run but no competition in the ACC and won’t last regardless of how elite everyone thinks Dabo is.  OKie is in a horrible conference.   So explain to me how we are t already Elite?

Elite doesn’t recruit top 10 nationally and win 8 or less games 60%+ of the time under said HC.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Doesn’t matter if it is beneficial, if you are rooting for your team to lose then you obviously aren’t rooting for the players. If you are truly a competitor , you don’t ever want to lose, doesn’t matter how bleak the future looks. So yes, that’s a crap mindset in my eyes.

Doesn’t matter if it’s beneficial? Ok...like I said I don’t pull against our team ever. But you know what? A loss BENEFITED bama last year. Didn’t have to play in the SEC championship and went on to win the natty while we sat around with our hollow Iron Bowl victory and our “Best team in the state” shirt. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Gus will never win the SEC again and I feel rather confident in saying so. It’s unfortunate Leath gave him such a ridiculous contract. However, we can’t afford his failures for yet another season. Tired of starting out in the top 10 and ending as a laughing stock.

See this is what drives us “sunshine” pumpers crazy because it’s just opinion and not fact based.  The likelihood with or without Gus as head coach I would say is pretty high that we win the SEC in the next 4 years.  That’s just history

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Elite doesn’t recruit top 10 nationally and win 8 or less games 60%+ of the time under said HC.

SPOT ON.  "Elite" teams don't constantly lay an egg in games they should win comfortably.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Doesn’t matter if it’s beneficial? Ok...like I said I don’t pull against our team ever. But you know what? A loss BENEFITED bama last year. Didn’t have to play in the SEC championship and went on to win the natty while we sat around with our hollow Iron Bowl victory and our “Best team in the state” shirt. 

And who fault was that? Apples to oranges comparison . Get real 

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

SPOT ON.  "Elite" teams don't constantly lay an egg in games they should win comfortably.

+1

Archived