Malzahn post game

aubiefifty

I hate to be negative  and  love Auburn but I can't watch these TV games anymore. They are the same Gus plays, same snarls and shamlkoking of the head. Our plays have actualluy become predicted on teams. .Stidham has regressed ,the line had not ome on to any extent. He has one maybe two running backs youg and inexperienced  and one that doesn't hit the wholes with any power.. the plays are the same and the wilcat doesn't work and they are just in slow motion.  It is painful and not fun to watch. I see no immediate changes in his plays and philosophy or attitude in 5 years. I don't have the answer when they will get rid of him or if they can.  I only know I can't watch them continue to play so slow and 3 and out usually. The Defence is wearing down. I dont expect to win all the games but they should be closer and more fun not  constantry frustrating.

MAY not be at the Plains as often and may not catch as many TV games. I kneed a break.

I hope I haven't offended anyone I pray something will cause a change for the program 

Gus is a smart man he knows there's something wrong. War Eagle ,God bless  actually hope i'm wrong.

This I an sure Gus is nut the man to move us forward.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, mayor4522 said:

I hate to be negative  and  love Auburn but I can't watch these TV games anymore. They are the same Gus plays, same snarls and shamlkoking of the head. Our plays have actualluy become predicted on teams. .Stidham has regressed ,the line had not ome on to any extent. He has one maybe two running backs youg and inexperienced  and one that doesn't hit the wholes with any power.. the plays are the same and the wilcat doesn't work and they are just in slow motion.  It is painful and not fun to watch. I see no immediate changes in his plays and philosophy or attitude in 5 years. I don't have the answer when they will get rid of him or if they can.  I only know I can't watch them continue to play so slow and 3 and out usually. The Defence is wearing down. I dont expect to win all the games but they should be closer and more fun not  constantry frustrating.

MAY not be at the Plains as often and may not catch as many TV games. I kneed a break.

I hope I haven't offended anyone I pray something will cause a change for the program 

Gus is a smart man he knows there's something wrong. War Eagle ,God bless  actually hope i'm wrong.

This I an sure Gus is not the man to move us forward.

Side note to AUF members, please proofread your comments before posting. Autocorrect function is one thing but completely misspelled words is entirely different. Sorry for the interruption. Carry on. 

2 hours ago, mayor4522 said:

Sorry

No one really knows what will happen at season's end. It is all in the hands of our players and our coaches until the last snap of the ball at season's end. The outcome of the last 4 or 5 games will determine whether we stay the course with Gus or go another direction with a new coaching staff.  I do not think there is one true Auburn fan who wants this team to lose out just to rid ourselves of Gus. It hurts to see us lose no matter who is the coach. We have had some great seasons over the years with coaches coming and going during this time frame.

I do not see the powers that be sitting by and letting us descend further down a path of mediocrity due to a money or lack of money situation. If Gus can right the ship and save the season then he deserves what positive things that will come his way.  If it goes down the drain in a bad way, it will be hard for the power brokers to sit by and watch the ship sink with all life support failing. Paying anyone 32 million dollars to ruin the program that will take years to right is just not right for fans and players who want and deserve better.  Whatever happens will make some folks very unhappy if the results are a 6-6 season with big loses in the remaining games on our schedule.

With all my heart I  want us to finish 9-3 or even 8-4 with a competitive loss along this path. I hope that during the 2 weeks off the team can heal and give it their all to finish strong. Some may like my post and some may not. It is what it is folks and lets pull hard for this team at the end of the day!

6 hours ago, mayor4522 said:

Troll much?????try spell check 

On 10/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Brad_ATX said:

This is how a leader sounds.

Capture+_2018-10-20-19-50-08.png

This is why I think so much of this guy. He is unselfish, never quits , is a great leader for the guys and a winner on and off the field no matter what a scoreboard might read. War Eagle DD

I bet Gus eats his waffles with no syrup, not butter, no toppings at all, and uses the fork and knife.

13 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I have to ....this is the most asinine post I have seen in a while. Just because he doesn't say it publicly doesnt mean he doesn't know what is going on. Its cool if you wany to be upset at the win-loss record but you don't know ish about what is happening behind closwd doors. The only people who have given up on CGM is the likes of you. The players haven't and the AD hasn't.  Gus ain't going nowhere and it does bery little, if any, good (other to show how much you and others hate CGM). It sounds like a broken record. Gus this, Gus that, Gus too much money, everybody in the world knows our struggles but as fans we yend to go way over the top. Live in the glass half full world sometimes, its a lot less stressful.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:50 PM, Apraser99 said:

Blah, Blah, Blah....I love all the kids but we are going to get curb stomped three of our last four.....don't let a so-so offensive performance against a porous defense fool you. The only tweaks i saw were two plays by Willis. Our high school coach has to be replaced. 

I fear that Gus may see this victory as a sign that his way can still work.  I saw nothing from that game that indicates we’ll win another sec game.  I’m happy for the players to get that win and I’m glad that some are still playing hard for him.

19 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Pump the brakes. 

October 20, 2018, 12:24 pm

WATCH: Marcus Spears urges Auburn fans to 'pump the brakes' on firing Gus Malzahn

https://newschamber.com/alabama/al-sports/auburn-tigers/3122924/watch-marcus-spears-urges-auburn-fans.html

11 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Pump the brakes. 

October 20, 2018, 12:24 pm

WATCH: Marcus Spears urges Auburn fans to 'pump the brakes' on firing Gus Malzahn

https://newschamber.com/alabama/al-sports/auburn-tigers/3122924/watch-marcus-spears-urges-auburn-fans.html

Well hell if Marcus Spears says it....lol

I’ve been saying pump the brakes for two weeks now. I think we have a good shot at 8 wins. Can’t buyout a 31 million dollar contract over a disappointing 8 win season. We just gave Gus job security. You can’t take away job security over a historically Auburn record. WTH does job security even mean? 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve been saying pump the brakes for two weeks now. I think we have a good shot at 8 wins. Can’t buyout a 31 million dollar contract over a disappointing 8 win season. We just gave Gus job security. You can’t take away job security over a historically Auburn record. WTH does job security even mean? 

8 wins???? 8??? Are we adding games to the schedule against FCS opponents???

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I agree but probably not a popular view on this site.    Some folks seem to have made it their life's work to destroy Gus and considering some of the comments that have been made, it's probably good that public figures are pretty much open targets when issues of slander or libel are considered. 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

8 wins???? 8??? Are we adding games to the schedule against FCS opponents???

The bowl game baw

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Lmao!!!! Yeah cuz Gus has been so good in those

We are good at the Birmingham Bowl baw. 

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Why does he deserve job security? Why make someone the 5th highest paid coach in the country for a “historically Auburn record”? 

Just now, chimes said:

Why does he deserve job security? Why make someone the 5th highest paid coach in the country for a “historically Auburn record”? 

Didn’t say that he deserved job security. Regardless, we gave it to him and many people on here went from 6 to midnight over “recruiting stability” when Gus got the contract. 

1 minute ago, chimes said:

I was thinking about this and I have to change my opinion...I’ve been asking for a coach who is consistent....well ol Gus is headed for five straight seasons of four or more losses....that’s pretty damn consistent.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Didn’t say that he deserved job security. Regardless, we gave it to him and many people on here went from 6 to midnight over “recruiting stability” when Gus got the contract. 

Hmmm ok. Your previous post makes it seem like you’re pretty upset over us affecting his job security. Guess I misread?

Just now, chimes said:

Hmmm ok. Your previous post makes it seem like you’re pretty upset over us affecting his job security. Guess I misread?

I’m not upset over anything, so I guess so. I think Auburn gave him job security and Gus will stay. Firing an eight win coach with the contract that Gus has is just as reckless as the contract itself. 

I did see the return of Malzahn's counter-trey (trap) play. For all of those complaining the runs up the middle are just the same old Malzahn plays, this year they have not been those old Malzahn plays. Most of our middle runs have been inside zone plays. We simply do not have the interior line strength to  run the inside zone play. Coach Ray has talked about this in his posts.

This offense has been a mish-mash of some Malzahn and some Lindsey.

We need to attack the perimeter more in the running game, and go with more power and counter running plays instead of the zone plays.

Now that we know who are potential play-makers are in the WR corps, we need to adapt our passing game to their strengths.

We have known for a long time our OL has major issues, yet we have not adapted our passing plays to mitigate that. We need to immediately.

I really believe the issues this year are in fact the same problem we had last year. Malzahn had no idea what he had from a talent, skill, and capability standpoint. He did not know our freshmen were our best WRs. He did not know Whitlow was our best RB. He did not know how weak the inside of our OL was.

This is not the NFL. We don't get a pre-season. We need coaches who can do a much better job evaluating talent from the limited forms of practice now common.

Archived