Malzahn post game

aubiefifty

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I said it the other day. Clemsoning was never as bad as Gussing is. Especially since Dabo ended Clemsoning and Gussing gets worse each year. 

I hate how true this is

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I hate how true this is

I only vaguely remember  a few of tbe games where clemsoning was referenced; however, it grew to be a regional phrase that even the Clemson coach had to unhappily address. Gussing it up is just a fanbase phrase, same with JABA, SOV (same ole Vanderbilt,” tennesseeing, etc. I like Gussing it up better though. When Gus and cussing goes together, it’s just another football Saturday 

On 10/22/2018 at 10:43 AM, Texan4Auburn said:

I think the point that he is making is that coaches want job security to know they have time to run/build and even have some hiccups in their program.

If Gus hits the 8 win mark then he has done what historically is the traditional W/L record for AU football. Like it or not, that is us.

We gave the man an extension to provide him with security that he wouldn't lose his job over a bad season. Yes, this year shouldn't be that.

It now appears we want to pull that. So when we go hey good job, here is your extension and security it doesn't mean crap when we say it. They are just BS offers and the profession sees that.

I am actually in the same thought process on this thing as jeff that we need to ride it out some.

Now if you want to call me a sunshine pumper go ahead, but if you want to see some real sunshine pumping go look at the who we want to coach thread. Lol, way we run things... like Bob Stoops is really going just get giddy as a school girl, drop his panties, and coming running to Auburn. That's some good pumping right there.

I agree with everything you said, but a $32 million buy-out is hardly a "BS offer". ;)  Frankly, I am far more disgusted with Gus's contract than I am with Gus himself.

I agree with you and Jeff.  Our best option is to ride it out, even if our ceiling is 8 wins.  There's absolutely no reason to believe Auburn will suddenly get savvy with coaching hires - and contracts - by firing Gus this year.   Auburn has made it's bed and now we will have to sleep in it.

We need to shift focus to the rest of the staff, particularly the O line recruiting and coaching.

Archived