Incredible side of Malzahn

aubiefifty

5 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

They stopped caring about winning the Iron Bowl?  Messages are impersonal And I don’t mean to argue either, and I did let it get personal! Sorry about that

The NCG is everything now.  You think UGA cares about beating GT when they're headed to the playoffs?  

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

CAReeves.  I was right!!  If you would tell a total stranger how to type a response, I’ll wager your employee turnover rate is pretty high.  

Buddy, I was having fun. No need to take anything personal, I disagreed and laid out my points as to why. That's how discussions work, I could point you to a brick wall if you would rather make your point without someone possibly disagreeing 

I’d like to make this point too about Gus and this whole discussion about him.  In most jobs, if not every job, there are minimum requirements that are expected of you. I have them in my job. Things you are expected to do as part of the job that are not really considered as extra effort if you will. When my boss visits me at my stores( I’m a sales rep) she doesn’t pat me on the back for doing those things. She looks for the extra things, the above and beyond stuff. I’m expected to do those minimum things regardless of the situation. Its on me to make sure those are getting done no matter what...

So, in relation to Gus, I’m not gonna pat the guy on the back for beating Ole Miss. Thats a minimum requirement for Auburn. In a given decade Auburn should never be worse than 8-2 against Ole Miss, Arky, MSU. Those are expected. You don’t get extra credit for those. You get credit for the big 3 and then big non con opponents and if you play a good UF team or whoever. When you look at Gus he will soon be 6-13 against the big 3 and has lost every bowl game but one. 

Another minimum requirement is to show a competent ability to do your job consistently even in defeat or failure. If I miss my numbers at work for a quarter you can be damn sure I still came to work and put out a competent, coherent effort. Gus has failed at this time and time again. 

I also expect Gus to stand up for his players and protect them. Another minimum requirement. I’ve said before, I like Gus and I think he is a good man, but he is not the man for this job.

9 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I think you got me confused with someone else but we cool man. I can only speak for the bams Ive known a long time and honestly no they’ve never been as concerned with winning the Iron Bowl. They measure their program by championships won, while we tend to measure ours by them. 

They care...fortunately for them they have been able to back into the BCS game once or twice after losing to Auburn. It’s classic bammer stuff. They were quiet as heck until the playoff pairings came out. Then got louder and once they beat UGA, that’s when they started crowing about a meaningless loss to Auburn. I do care about beating them especially during Sabans tenure because it usually has SEC championship implications on the line. 

9 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Buddy, I was having fun. No need to take anything personal, I disagreed and laid out my points as to why. That's how discussions work, I could point you to a brick wall if you would rather make your point without someone possibly disagreeing 

You are right. Those comments by me were out of character. I was in a crappy mood yesterday and took it out on you. I apologize. 

3 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

You are right. Those comments by me were out of character. I was in a crappy mood yesterday and took it out on you. I apologize. 

I feel ya man. I was grumpy yesterday too. So bad I had to PM two different posters and apologize. I’m sure CAReeves2010 will understand.  

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I feel ya man. I was grumpy yesterday too. So bad I had to PM two different posters and apologize. I’m sure CAReeves2010 will understand.  

Well isn’t this sweet.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Lol what can I say, I can admit when I crossed the line. 

Good job.

As for me..... :crossedarms:

17 hours ago, jAUSon said:

There's a limited amount of support for a failing coach anywhere. That's a coaching deal not a fan deal. These brothers and sisters of yours on here are not "fools". They're The Auburn Family. And they've seen enough. 

They seem to have forgotten the skull dragging we gave UGA and Bama last year. I admit that things have not been ideal all the time under Malzahn, but read the quotes from the players about Gus's outburst that led to the penalty and tell me he hasn't reclaimed the respect of his playmakers. And he did it at a time when it wouldn't really hurt the team, because we were so far up on Ole Miss that even playing prevent defense and letting them score an easy touchdown didn't make a difference except maybe to gamblers in Vegas.

Now, I don't approve of everything Malzahn has done, this season or any other. I think he should be preparing a backup/replacement for Stidham, especially in the 4th quarter on Saturday. I hate the predictability of some of our "trick" plays (like the double reverse to the QB out of the Wildcat, which was completely blown up last time we ran it), and some of our normal plays, too. I think maybe Grimes should work on blocking schemes on plays we run over and over, so that defenses won't know where the block is going to come from each time even if we are running essentially the same play over again.

But we knew coming in this year that we only had one starter back on the O-line. We knew that Malzahn's offense struggles when he doesn't have experience up front. Yes, it's his and the rest of the coaching staff's job to fix it, but after playing such a huge part in the national championship of 2010, after taking us to within a play or two of a national championship in 2013, after beating the brains out of our two biggest rivals last year, after being ranked in the top 10 nationally during the second half of every season before this one, maybe he's earned a little more leeway than to be labeled a "failing coach," no?

12 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

CAReeves was kind enough to insinuate that I only know Auburn football from what I watch on TV. Now, let me tell you something——the reason the Alabama fans have not gloated about their national championship to an Auburn fan, is that their national championship was tainted, spoiled, virtually MEANINGLESS. Courtesy of one Gus Malzahn and the boys. 

In my extended group of friends I have several Crimson Tide alumni. One is a former player. None of them wanted to talk football at all after we beat them. One guy said something about a national championship, and I said “well, we sure beat the crap out of you” and he just shut up. We ruined the season for Alabama last year that is a giant feather in our caps and it warms my heart to think about it

Also everybody that likes to badmouth recruiters, and X’s and O’s doesn’t want to realize that some of these young men just don’t pan out, and that the coaches who are giving 70 hours a week to the program know a lot more than us armchair quarterbacks  

ITS GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER  

P.S. I bet we punch some highflying team right in the nose before the end of the year is out

So you think none of the offensive linemen were destined to pan out? O-K....

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Lol what can I say, I can admit when I crossed the line. 

I like your post script quotes down there. Here's another one for you.

Confusius say: He who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.

I believe this is how most AU fans feel about our football season this year.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

I like your post script quotes down there. Here's another one for you.

Confusius say: He who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.

I believe this is how most AU fans feel about our football season this year.

😆😆

31 minutes ago, Wings said:

That’s gross 

How about this one, Wings

Confusius say: if you fly upside down, you have crack up.

Has nothing to do with Auburn football (or does it?), but still a good one.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Well isn’t this sweet.

nothing wrong with a little class.

Things we can all agree on:

1. We should not be losing to certain teams we normally would beat by double digits. (A random loss to LSU is acceptable when it motivates the team moving forward.)
2. We have yet to develop a QB under Gus. (This has been even more frustrating since we haven't had a QB start for more than 2 years. Stidham might be the first if he stays.)
3. Our offense has been too predictable - even when it's working.
4. We all love Auburn.

Things we cannot all agree on:

1. Blame.
2. Keeping/Firing Gus.
3. Who is calling the offensive plays.
4. We all hate Alabama.

I think that sums up this entire board in a nutshell. :D

43 minutes ago, Linayus said:

1. We should not be losing to certain teams we normally would beat by double digits. (A random loss to LSU is acceptable when it motivates the team moving forward.)
2. We have yet to develop a QB under Gus. (This has been even more frustrating since we haven't had a QB start for more than 2 years. Stidham might be the first if he stays.)
4. We all love Auburn.

1. Blame.
2. Keeping/Firing Gus.
4. We all hate Alabama.

We can’t agree on hating bama?? I’m all in on that one!!! Where’s the disagreement?

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

We can’t agree on hating bama?? I’m all in on that one!!! Where’s the disagreement?

Ah hell.. I blame that on this headache I have today. Damn thing won't go away.

But sure, I don't hate Bama.. I just hate Bama winning:laugh:

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

Ah hell.. I blame that on this headache I have today. Damn thing won't go away.

But sure, I don't hate Bama.. I just hate Bama winning:laugh:

I hate anything and everything bama. I hate crimson, I hate Tuscaloosa. I hate Walmart. All things bama are banned in my house. Even guests wearing bama stuff must change at the door. 

2 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I hate anything and everything bama. I hate crimson, I hate Tuscaloosa. I hate Walmart. All things bama are banned in my house. Even guests wearing bama stuff must change at the door. 

This reminds me of the year I visited a friend who went to grad school in Starkville...at her uncle's house, he had a trash can beside the front door specifically for Ole Miss gear. That's about as much hate as I've seen for a rival outside of the Iron Bowl (think we can all agree that Updyke was the worst).

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

This reminds me of the year I visited a friend who went to grad school in Starkville...at her uncle's house, he had a trash can beside the front door specifically for Ole Miss gear. That's about as much hate as I've seen for a rival outside of the Iron Bowl (think we can all agree that Updyke was the worst).

Yeah it runs deep man. I even taught my son when he was younger when we would go to a store and see bama merchandise to turn it backwards on the shelf or peg hook or hide it behind Auburn stuff...he’s 18 now and still does it lol. 

6 hours ago, Linayus said:

4. We all love Auburn.

1. Blame.
2. Keeping/Firing Gus.
4. We all hate Alabama.

Can we add a 5th agree point?  Are we all tired of watching gus’s Seat get warmed before he decides to earn his check?  

10 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah it runs deep man. I even taught my son when he was younger when we would go to a store and see bama merchandise to turn it backwards on the shelf or peg hook or hide it behind Auburn stuff...he’s 18 now and still does it lol. 

My dog’s “roll over and play dead” command is “what would do if you had to root for Alabama?”. 

Archived