Incredible side of Malzahn

aubiefifty

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Linayus said:

For anyone interested in the footage of Gus getting his 15 yarder:

Now if you could create a split screen and sync it with the game footage(GL and wide angle, please) to let us see what he was so mad at, then I'd appreciate it.  For all I know the umpire told him Waffle House was trash.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:01 PM, corchjay said:

You’d still have ignorant people saying he should be fired for losing to Team X

That's not the reason at all. That's the symptom of the overall condition.

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. I hope Gus runs off 5+ straight 10+ win seasons with a few SEC and college Championships.  I just think he has too many fundamental flaws to do that.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Now if you could create a split screen and sync it with the game footage(GL and wide angle, please) to let us see what he was so mad at, then I'd appreciate it.  For all I know the umpire told him Waffle House was trash.

Haha! Pretty sure it was in regards to the offensive holding call (you can see Grimes is ticked off too). And then Gus is like "Really man? You're not even going to give me a warning first?!" LOL

I like the way that Cody Burns is trying to hold back a laugh and the players on the sidelines start clapping. I was at the game and the Auburn fans stood up and clapped for the emotion that Gus showed.

We know it was on the holding call. The tv didn’t show it at all. I wish we could get a video of it. The flag came out very quick. 

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It looks to me like he’s saying “hurry up” though 

Thats exactly what he said. "Hurry up" is what he is saying to Cord, who is relaying signals to the huddle. 

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Thats exactly what he said. "Hurry up" is what he is saying to Cord, who is relaying signals to the huddle. 

Wasn't this after we got a pretty bad delay of game penalty?

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

I didn't read through these 7 Pages, but have we talked about how i appropriate it is for an ex Alabama QB to be the head official at any of our games? Doesn't that bother anyone?

Bothers the hell outta me. Should be unacceptable.

4 hours ago, Linayus said:

No delay. We got a phantom holding call on Troxall--it was an insanely bad call. Then Gus was out on the field and got the unsportsmanlike penalty. The holding call negated a big gain and potential touchdown.

In a season of shoulda-couldas, we have not been fortunate in the officiating side of things this year imo.

21 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I didn't read through these 7 Pages, but have we talked about how i appropriate it is for an ex Alabama QB to be the head official at any of our games? Doesn't that bother anyone?

Who? And please tell me he was involved in the miss st game.  

9 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

David Smith. Qb for bama during the late 80s. Strong Gadsden and Tuscaloosa ties and our head SEC official for two games this year so far.  I'll let you do the research for which ones. 

bama fans would scream bloody murder if Pat Nix officiated one of their games...

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

David Smith. Qb for bama during the late 80s. Strong Gadsden and Tuscaloosa ties and our head SEC official for two games this year so far.  I'll let you do the research for which ones. 

That would surely be a potential conflict of interest. The league should avoid the perception that it even brings.

I wonder if he has officiated our games in the past years? It could be we are zoning in on only the bad plays in key games? 

15 hours ago, Linayus said:

No it was a bad holding call, and the GM's rant that got us 15 more. We were already up over 30 pts by then, so it was not critical. Although we were driving inside their 50 when we got to 2 penalties..

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

The first time I saw that I could not believe it. As much as I like Steve Shaw ( Head of the SEC Ref's) he is also an Alabama Grad but I don 't remember him doing Auburn games when he was on the field Refing. I would think you would not be able to work your team ( which they don't) or your teams biggest rival.

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Leads to the conspiracy theories.  Most part I think David has done well.  Jay Vines is another ref with Alabama ties.  Bad calls are bad calls no matter where they graduated from.

13 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

No delay. We got a phantom holding call on Troxall--it was an insanely bad call. Then Gus was out on the field and got the unsportsmanlike penalty. The holding call negated a big gain and potential touchdown.

In a season of shoulda-couldas, we have not been fortunate in the officiating side of things this year imo.

@passthebiscuits

7 minutes ago, ausburn said:

I love the cat and mouse game. Also, you can see a bit of acting between the coach and official. Bobby goes chat with the official quietly in a friendly manner and then when getting pulled away yells ” I can't believe that last call.” lol I love it. 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I love the cat and mouse game. Also, you can see a bit of acting between the coach and official. Bobby goes chat with the official quietly in a friendly manner and then when getting pulled away yells ” I can't believe that last call.” lol I love it. 

I think he was yelling at the other ref who just ran to the sideline.

Archived