Anyone have info on injury to Boobee

au701948

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Please let us know. He keeps coming back week after week. Hope it is nothing more than cramps given our luck with running back injuries last year.

He had an X-ray taken after the game.  No word on results yet.  But it is more than cramps. 

Dean had concussion or stinger like symptoms since last week when he got whipped. 

Whitlow has a hamstring pull. Little concerned about his knee. 

Couple others just banged up.

thats what i know as of right now. 

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Dean had concussion or stinger like symptoms since last week when he got whipped. 

Do you think having 2 weeks off, he can heal enough to be effective against TAMU? If he cannot go, we are in big trouble.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Do you think having 2 weeks off, he can heal enough to be effective against TAMU? If he cannot go, we are in big trouble.

Not PTB but true about trouble but considering the handling of Sean and Kerryon, if he needs to sit then Shivers, Miller and the Martins will need to carry the load. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Not PTB but true about trouble but considering the handling of Sean and Kerryon, if he needs to sit then Shivers, Miller and the Martins will need to carry the load. 

You mean the Martin. He will NOT play Asa. 

On 10/20/2018 at 8:47 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Hey @passthebiscuits thanks for the above. Any updates? Hopefully the bye week will give everyone time to heal and be ready for TAMU!

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Because?

He's still pretending to redshirt him... after he's played in 5 games.

Just now, The Freak said:

He's not pretending.  $5 says he doesn't know he's blown the redshirt.  

9 minutes ago, The Freak said:

i don't know how accurate it is, but i checked each game on the AU website, and it lists for each game who participated. It only shows 4 games that Asa Martin participated in.

Either I missed one, or he is still eligible to be a RS...

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

i don't know how accurate it is, but i checked each game on the AU website, and it lists for each game who participated. It only shows 4 games that Asa Martin participated in.

Either I missed one, or he is still eligible to be a RS...

I think others have stated that he played in another game on Special Teams which isn't recorded on the AU website? I'm not sure myself.

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

is this true? I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as well.

Gus said recently Asa is not redshirting. 

I have expected Boobie to miss the last two games. Not sure anyone here knows what is going on with him. I have concluded he is tough as hell though. 

However I would suggest when he goes for 6 to squeeze the ball with both hands the last two or three yards to about two yards across the goal line. 

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

is this true? I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as well.

It's simple to check the official website.  

And yes its true. The website says 4 games. But he played one snap against Arkansas maybe? Either way, he played one snap on special teams one game. Someone said there was a flag on the play so they weren't sure if it would count..  

Either way, I heard Gus say in some post or pregame press conference that Asa wouldn't be redshirting and that he would participate on special teams.

33 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It's simple to check the official website.  

And yes its true. The website says 4 games. But he played one snap against Arkansas maybe? Either way, he played one snap on special teams one game. Someone said there was a flag on the play so they weren't sure if it would count..  

Either way, I heard Gus say in some post or pregame press conference that Asa wouldn't be redshirting and that he would participate on special teams.

Then that is wasting your top RB recruit. If they screwed up the RS rule, then coaches blew it. 

I do understand that, if they are changing their offensive sets to better disguise what they are running, then I can understand using Whitlow, Worm, and MM, as they probably are your best blockers too on pass plays. The 2 Martins are the weakest, therefore, KM is playing even less and AM is on STs. 

On 10/20/2018 at 7:47 PM, passthebiscuits said:

I don't like to use this phrase, but is Boobee a little..."injury prone"?

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't like to use this phrase, but is Boobee a little..."injury prone"?

All football players are injury prone. I think Boobie is not letting himself recover from minor injuries. This week might help. 

Just now, alexava said:

All football players are injury prone. I think Boobie is not letting himself recover from minor injuries. This week might help. 

Some are much more than others.  Look at his history since arriving. I'm just saying...maybe?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Some are much more than others.  Look at his history since arriving. I'm just saying...maybe?

You watched any football lately? I don’t know how any player on the field finishes a game much less suit up and do it again the next week. But. Yes some guys get hurt more than others. I don’t know how labeling them injury prone matters. I never liked people calling Cadillac injury prone. 

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's not a 1-A high school QB any longer...he's learning to run how an SEC running back needs to run to protect himself.  I think he'll improve, hopefully before something major happens.

Archived