Anyone have info on injury to Boobee

au701948

1 hour ago, alexava said:

You watched any football lately? I don’t know how any player on the field finishes a game much less suit up and do it again the next week. But. Yes some guys get hurt more than others. I don’t know how labeling them injury prone matters. I never liked people calling Cadillac injury prone. 

Yep, at least once a week.

Bodies can and are conditioned to withstand or at least tolerate the poundings much more than the avg Joe.  

As far as labeling a player injury prone being helpful or not, it wouldn't be to a fan except to temper expectations.  For a medical staff it would be valuable info in order to try and be proactive with their approach and treatment plan. For a coach, it is valuable info with regards to player dependability/availability as well as how they are handled during practices.

To me, Boobee seems to have been injured or "banged" up" a disproportionate amount of time since arriving.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Bodies can and are conditioned to withstand or at least tolerate the poundings much more than the avg Joe.  

As far as labeling a player injury prone being helpful or not, it wouldn't be to a fan except to temper expectations.  For a medical staff it would be valuable info in order to try and be proactive with their approach and treatment plan. For a coach, it is valuable info with regards to player dependability/availability as well as how they are handled during practices.

To me, Boobee seems to have been injured or "banged" up" a disproportionate amount of time since arriving.

When you have a bunch of young guys allowed to have contact with Boobee.......not sure you can expect much else!

19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

When you have a bunch of young guys allowed to have contact with Boobee.......not sure you can expect much else!

I'd expect them to be much harder

to hurt

I would like to see worm touch the ball more times than he has been. I would like to see him touch the ball 12-15 times against TAMU.  I think he could handle this if Gus & Chip are willing to do this. If Gus refuses to let Asa touch the ball then, Worm and Miller need to split time carrying the ball if Boobee is not going to play against TAMU.  Moma Worm has said that Worm is up to 187 lbs. & with his build, why not let him be a co-feature back along with Miller. What are your thoughts on this? I say, go for it!

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

This. I was very much an “injury prone” wrestler heading into college. Two things had to happen to prolongue my career.

1. I had to, and even now I do this before rolling around with the kids, wrap both ankles and wear an ankle brace over both. There’s about 4 or 5 shoulder specific stretches I have to religiously do before wrestling as well. So yes Bird is right the medical staff can help if they understand the common issues.

2. I had to wrestle different. Typically I was very stubborn about not giving up on things I should have bailed out of. Wanted to be “tough” or physical and it takes a toll on yourself as much as it does your opponent. There’s a reason elusive running backs like Emmit Smith have long careers and bruisers who seek out contact usually don’t play as long.

Now allow me to vent about something else. Fans should never speak poorly of a player who gets injured often. Trust me when I say that no one wants them out there more than themselves. They don’t choose to get hurt. ***Haven't seen many here with this negative attitude just saying something I’ve seen other places***

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

This. I was very much an “injury prone” wrestler heading into college. Two things had to happen to prolongue my career.

1. I had to, and even now I do this before rolling around with the kids, wrap both ankles and wear an ankle brace over both. There’s about 4 or 5 shoulder specific stretches I have to religiously do before wrestling as well. So yes Bird is right the medical staff can help if they understand the common issues.

2. I had to wrestle different. Typically I was very stubborn about not giving up on things I should have bailed out of. Wanted to be “tough” or physical and it takes a toll on yourself as much as it does your opponent. There’s a reason elusive running backs like Emmit Smith have long careers and bruisers who seek out contact usually don’t play as long.

Now allow me to vent about something else. Fans should never speak poorly of a player who gets injured often. Trust me when I say that no one wants them out there more than themselves. They don’t choose to get hurt. ***Haven't seen many here with this negative attitude just saying something I’ve seen other places***

Unless it's Jay Cutler.... amIrite?

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Unless it's Jay Cutler.... amIrite?

Well, I mean lol. That dude just gave no f’s

I'm starting to think every RB that plays football these days is "injury prone". Fournette, Kerryon, Sony.. all three are great RBs and all three have struggled to say healthy. I think some bodies are just built to withstand more than others. *shrugs*

Hey, I know....

Let's not post anything in this thread unless they have info on Boobee's status!

I'm tired of checking in here and reading all the OT stuff. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

6 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Are there any topics on this board that do not get derailed and off topic by page 2 or sooner?

Thanks for derailing the thread!    :moon:

On 10/23/2018 at 2:40 PM, steeleagle said:

Then that is wasting your top RB recruit. If they screwed up the RS rule, then coaches blew it. 

I do understand that, if they are changing their offensive sets to better disguise what they are running, then I can understand using Whitlow, Worm, and MM, as they probably are your best blockers too on pass plays. The 2 Martins are the weakest, therefore, KM is playing even less and AM is on STs. 

Why do people insist on saying Asa is the top running back recruit? If he was the top running back recruit, he would be getting carries, not Shivers. Worm was simply underrated because of his height. And before anyone says it, even if it IS because Shivers is better in pass protection, that's part of being a running back, too. Also, with regard to playing on special teams, I saw #25 as the first one down the field several times against Tennessee. Couldn't tell on TV in Oxford, but much as I like Asa, I think it's about time that we give Worm credit for being a danged good back for a true freshman.

Whispers say:

Whitlow still day-to-day. Has shoulder sprain from couple of weeks ago. Has knee sprain also. No major ligament trouble, but maybe have to play through pain. Glad we have a week off to see how the knee progresses. Had a hamstring strain and partial tear as well. Will know more about his status first of next week.

d Davis with ankle sprain in boot.

m Davidson with ankle sprain in boot.

j Dean concussion protocol.

Driscoll day to day. 

Gatewood cleared to practice and participated in scrimmage.

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Whispers say:

Whitlow still day-to-day. Has shoulder sprain from couple of weeks ago. Has knee sprain also. No major ligament trouble, but maybe have to play through pain. Glad we have a week off to see how the knee progresses. Had a hamstring strain and partial tear as well. Will know more about his status first of next week.

Driscoll day to day. 

We really need to get Gatewood on the field just to see what he can do. I feel that he can really help us with the wildcat formation and just being able to run the offense in the true mold of a dual threat QB. I really want to in the worst way, to see him run the offense. It would be something if he turns out to be a highly successful QB for us. I know a lot of you think he will not pan out as a QB, but we will never know until he hits the field and shows us what he can and cannot do. The only way I think we will see him will be likely the Liberty game or in a position if JS is injured and Willis cannot run the offense.

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

We really need to get Gatewood on the field just to see what he can do. I feel that he can really help us with the wildcat formation and just being able to run the offense in the true mold of a dual threat QB. I really want to in the worst way, to see him run the offense. It would be something if he turns out to be a highly successful QB for us. I know a lot of you think he will not pan out as a QB, but we will never know until he hits the field and shows us what he can and cannot do. The only way I think we will see him will be likely the Liberty game or in a position if JS is injured and Willis cannot run the offense.

Only Gus is crazy enough burn his redshirt at this point in the season.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Only Gus is crazy enough burn his redshirt at this point in the season.

He'd have to play in five games to burn his redshirt. If he's good enough to now play in five of the six remaining games he won't be here for a 5th year anyway, so the redshirt wouldn't matter. However, he won't play in five games because he's simply not ready.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He'd have to play in five games to burn his redshirt. If he's good enough to now play in five of the six remaining games he won't be here for a 5th year anyway, so the redshirt wouldn't matter. However, he won't play in five games because he's simply not ready.

Ah, gotcha.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:52 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Whispers say:

Driscoll day to day. 

Any more news since we got an article that Whitlow didn't practice last week?

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Whitlow will probably be a gametime decision. If this were the pros, I'd list his participation at this point as "doubtful."

Same as last 3 games....

On 10/23/2018 at 3:24 PM, alexava said:

All football players are injury prone. I think Boobie is not letting himself recover from minor injuries. This week might help. 

In the context of which the poster uses 'injury prone,' no, all aren't. I played both ways, and played hard. Never missed a game. Had a bud who played hard but never made it to the first game 2 seasons in a row. He was injury prone, I was not.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:13 PM, bigbird said:

I don't like to use this phrase, but is Boobee a little..."injury prone"?

Oh don’t say that, don’t say it, please don’t say it. 😃

On 10/24/2018 at 3:33 PM, AURealist said:

Hey, I know....

Let's not post anything in this thread unless they have info on Boobee's status!

I'm tired of checking in here and reading all the OT stuff. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yeah, that'll work. Good strategy...:hellyeah:

Archived