Anyone have info on injury to Boobee

au701948

12 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Whitlow will probably be a gametime decision. If this were the pros, I'd list his participation at this point as "doubtful."

So, is this the point where Gus completely runs him into the ground?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

So, is this the point where Gus completely runs him into the ground?

Yes but I’d also wager a guess that Boobee wants to play whether he’s hurt or not.  Dudes a gamer.

23 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Yes but I’d also wager a guess that Boobee wants to play whether he’s hurt or not.  Dudes a gamer.

And this is the problem with Gus “let him rumble til he fumbles” Malzahn. The dude is a gamer, but when he is not 100% does Gus have any idea which backup would be more productive?  He certainly has not developed a competent backup for 10 weeks now.  I would hope he has planned around another back getting carries when Whitlow is unavailable. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

And this is the problem with Gus “let him rumble til he fumbles” Malzahn. The dude is a gamer, but when he is not 100% does Gus have any idea which backup would be more productive?  He certainly has not developed a competent backup for 10 weeks now.  I would hope he has planned around another back getting carries when Whitlow is unavailable. 

I would say Shivers is a decent #2 for a true freshman.  Malik Miller while slow is still underrated IMO, Kam just goes as fast as he can into the Guards backside, who knows what Asa can do.  Beat them up with Malik, spread them out with Schwartz on the sweeps, and slash them with Shivers.  More so than the RBs is can the Oline give them a lane?

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I would say Shivers is a decent #2 for a true freshman.  Malik Miller while slow is still underrated IMO, Kam just goes as fast as he can into the Guards backside, who knows what Asa can do.  Beat them up with Malik, spread them out with Schwartz on the sweeps, and slash them with Shivers.  More so than the RBs is can the Oline give them a lane?

Why are we talking about this 10 weeks into the season?  I think Shivers is a decent #2, but why haven’t we seen him much?  Why wouldn’t Gus have put him in more earlier to get experience?  Kam was in the LSU game for one play and he dropped the ball.  Shivers came in and performed well.  Then he disappeared for a while.

The who knows what Asa can do is also telling.  Why haven’t we seen him with Whitlow being hurt since the MSU game?

15 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Whitlow will probably be a gametime decision. If this were the pros, I'd list his participation at this point as "doubtful."

Which doesn't mean squat in Malzahn's world.

51 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why are we talking about this 10 weeks into the season?  I think Shivers is a decent #2, but why haven’t we seen him much?  Why wouldn’t Gus have put him in more earlier to get experience?  Kam was in the LSU game for one play and he dropped the ball.  Shivers came in and performed well.  Then he disappeared for a while.

The who knows what Asa can do is also telling.  Why haven’t we seen him with Whitlow being hurt since the MSU game?

I feel like Shivers has gotten decent touches since the Alabama State game.  Kam has had his chances taken away after repeatedly not showing any vision or improvement.  My one knock on Shivers would be the same as Kam which is he tends to sprint straight into the line without waiting for holes to open up.  With his stature and speed he could literally hide behind the Oline and when the hole opens explode through it.  Last time I remember seeing Asa was a couple forgettable carries against Miss State.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I feel like Shivers has gotten decent touches since the Alabama State game.  Kam has had his chances taken away after repeatedly not showing any vision or improvement.  My one knock on Shivers would be the same as Kam which is he tends to sprint straight into the line without waiting for holes to open up.  With his stature and speed he could literally hide behind the Oline and when the hole opens explode through it.  Last time I remember seeing Asa was a couple forgettable carries against Miss State.

Shivers seems to have improved in the patients category in the Ole Miss game. I hope it continues this week and I hope he has enough touches to get in some sort of rhythm even if Withlow is healthy.

I think Gus needs to have Worm and Schwartz on the field at the same time. Speed kills and with the speed those 2 have, our options become better.  I hope boobee will be ready to play, but if not we need to utilize the speed we have with these 2 athletes. I think Worm can carry the rock at least a dozen times against TAMU and maybe more if Boobee is sidelined.

7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Last time I remember seeing Asa was a couple forgettable carries against Miss State.

I really believe the coaches wanted to give Asa a bigger role, but we haven’t ran nearly as many plays this year as in the past. If memory serves me right, we had only ran 18 plays at halftime vs MSU. Hard to rotate when that’s happening. Everything has been out of sync this year. 

It will be interesting to see if we stick with our traditional formula (e.g. arguably vs ole miss though definitely in SEC title game) of going with the proven but injured but workable starting RB until he's either utterly unable to go or fumbles, before looking to a plan B (IMO worm) C (IMO malik or Kmart) & D(IMO asa).

We are not hearing many injury details but that looked like Boobee pulled up with a hammy or calf at the end of his long run vs Ole Miss - which are very different for a RB than his (& Kerryon's) nagging shoulder injuries. Remember e.g. Pettway pre & post hammy last year.

21 hours ago, Win4AU said:
22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I feel like Shivers has gotten decent touches since the Alabama State game.

LSU  7-25 yds
Ark    2-1
Sou Miss  2-1 
Miss St 1-8
Tenn   1-8
Ole Miss 10-45

5 minutes ago, CR said:

LSU  7-25 yds
Ark    2-1
Sou Miss  2-1 
Miss St 1-8
Tenn   1-8
Ole Miss 10-45

Typical of Gus developing his RBs. 

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Typical of Gus developing his RBs. 

Those 8 yds per carry  vs Miss St and Tenn earned him a spot back on the bench for the rest of each game.

Archived