Offensive Identity/Scheme

corchjay

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

what has shaw O or smart done that Gus hasn't?  Nothing!  

Well coach O has a 2-0 record against Gus so there is that one.

Kirby Smart has a 2-1 record against Gus plus an sec title and NC appearance 

David Shaw has a .777 winning percentage at Stanford.

does he have a NC appearance ? No. But he also doesnt have the talent that Gus has either. That’s why I laugh at these comparisons . They are so subjective 

IMO it is no point in arguing this. The fact of the matter is, CGM is not living up to expectations. PERIOD.  

Just now, DAG said:

does he have a NC appearance ? No. But he also doesnt have the talent that Gus has either. That’s why I laugh at these comparisons . 

Beautiful response. 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'll spot you 4 of the 7...  Urban, Saban, Fisher, Dabo.... give me 3 more... 

So you get to decide which of my subjective answers count? Its a subjective question with subjective answers.

Just now, DAG said:

does he have a NC appearance ? No. But he also doesnt have the talent that Gus has either. That’s why I laugh at these comparisons . 

Stanford doesn't have the disadvantages it once had.  Kind of like saying Virginia Tech is a johnny come lately... Plus shaw has essentially won nothing except beat up on some weak pac 12 teams...  

Kirby I might agree with you on in a couple years.  Same with O.  

I thought we measured success around here now on championships and playing for championships not just winning a few games.  Either you want a coach that can get you to championships or not and outside of the 4 I mentioned none have exceeded what Gus has already done.  That's the bottom line.  Smart, Riley and maybe Frost you can throw in the same category as Gus but really can't say exceeds at this point.  

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

So you get to decide which of my subjective answers count? Its a subjective question with subjective answers.

It’s super subjective . Gene Chizik has a NC. Is he a better coach than David Shaw?

Just now, corchjay said:

Stanford doesn't have the disadvantages it once had.  Kind of like saying Virginia Tech is a johnny come lately... Plus shaw has essentially won nothing except beat up on some weak pac 12 teams...  

Kirby I might agree with you on in a couple years.  Same with O.  

I thought we measured success around here now on championships and playing for championships not just winning a few games.  Either you want a coach that can get you to championships or not and outside of the 4 I mentioned none have exceeded what Gus has already done.  That's the bottom line.  Smart, Riley and maybe Frost you can throw in the same category as Gus but really can't say exceeds at this point.  

Gene Chizik won a NC . Is he a better coach than David Shaw? Just using your logic?

Just now, DAG said:

It’s super subjective . Gene Chizik has a NC. Is he a better coach than David Shaw?

Great point.  Gus is one magical tipped pass away from not having that one SEC title but I’m sure some on here believe he called that play that way.

anyway thread wasn't intended for the same thing that is discussed in every thread on this board... Firing the coach and getting someone else.  It was scheme vs changing scheme mid season or mid game.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I said yes

Exactly. So Nick Saban is the best coach ever essentially right ?  

Better yet who is a better head coach. Gene Chizik or Gus Malzahn? 

Just now, corchjay said:

fair enough then I'll do the same with you.  

Don’t try to wiggle away

Who is better Gene Chizik or Gus Malzahn 

Just now, DAG said:

Don’t try to wiggle away

Who is better Gene Chizik or Gus Malzahn 

not trying to wiggle away... you don't respect my opinion regardless of the answer so why entertain your silliness...

But to play your little derailment game... Gene Chizik.  

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

not trying to wiggle away... you don't respect my opinion regardless of the answer so why entertain your silliness...

But to play your little derailment game... Gene Chizik.  

I didn’t say I didnt respect your opinion. I said I can’t take it serious and by that I mean I find hard to believe you think Gene Chizik is a better coach than CGM.  

We've fallen to the point that people are seriously arguing that Coach O would be an upgrade? 

I'm not happy with Gus either, but Coach O isn't even the best coach on his own team.  

I wouldn't be upset to see Aranda here one day, though.

1 minute ago, WarDamnDoc said:

We've fallen to the point that people are seriously arguing that Coach O would be an upgrade? 

I'm not happy with Gus either, but Coach O isn't even the best coach on his own team.  

I wouldn't be upset to see Aranda here one day, though.

Well we have loss the last two seasons to LSU with coach O leading them, correct ? 

Would he be a better upgrade than Gus ? I have no clue nor am I am arguing that. However, what cant be argued is the fact that he has beaten Auburn at home and away with two different OCs and two different QBs.  There is no arguing that . That is a fact. Take that is you will.

Second of all, you have no clue Dave Aranda would do as a HC. I like Dave Aranda big time but it is completely different being coordinator and running a whole team. 

I am pretty much like everyone else, off the bus, but the real question is to name 6 or 8 coaches that we know will be better than Gus. I hope we can find one, but we all know that nothing is a sure thing, except death and taxes. I do believe it has to be a fit though. Not like some are saying, but I believe some would be a better fit out west or up north and some would be a better fit in the south. Coach O is an example, I don't know anywhere that he would be a better fit than where he is!

2 minutes ago, provibe said:

I am pretty much like everyone else, off the bus, but the real question is to name 6 or 8 coaches that we know will be better than Gus. I hope we can find one, but we all know that nothing is a sure thing, except death and taxes. I do believe it has to be a fit though. Not like some are saying, but I believe some would be a better fit out west or up north and some would be a better fit in the south. Coach O is an example, I don't know anywhere that he would be a better fit than where he is!

Yep that’s why it’s so freaking subjective . David Shaw is perfect where he is at right now. 

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’m sure Gus hasn’t avoided recruiting OL.  The ones we have weren’t poorly rated and many are still underclassmen.  They looked pretty decent run blocking yesterday and Boobee did a great job waiting for the holes to open.  TaMu will tell me if I’m blinded by a bad defense but yesterday was the first game I’ve seen Auburn commit to the run.

Ole miss is terrible at defense.   That power run game managed a whooping 10 points in first half.   Ole miss doesn’t have the defensive line that the rest of the west has up front.  

17 hours ago, corchjay said:

Just insert which ever coach has a big win the week of the post... we will hear many more over the weeks.  In reality Gus may have worn his welcome out at AU but you would be hard pressed to find 6-8 coaches better then what we have.  

I don't know what you're referring to but I've been following Brohm since he was at Louisville under Petrino.  He's a hell of a coach who has the pedigree, experience, exposure to big time football his whole career and builds winners.  AU would be lucky to have him though most of our fanbase doesn't deserve an upgrade at HC.

Gus never had a welcome at AU from me.  I was disappointed when we hired him, fooled in 2013, then realized mid-2014 I was right on Gus.  You keep throwing out thoughts like they have something to do with what other people are saying but they really don't.  Feel free to ask why someone feels the way they do on something instead of just pontificating.

20 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’m sure Gus hasn’t avoided recruiting OL.  The ones we have weren’t poorly rated and many are still underclassmen.  They looked pretty decent run blocking yesterday and Boobee did a great job waiting for the holes to open.  TaMu will tell me if I’m blinded by a bad defense but yesterday was the first game I’ve seen Auburn commit to the run.

No doubt he hasn't avoided it, he's just completely hosed it up every which way but loose.

Archived