How Would You Fix This Team? Pt. 1

aubiefifty

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, if you enjoy parents who post here, maybe a little understanding would be in order if you expect them to stick around.  When not addressing the parent directly, things will be honest and straight forward.  JMO.

Not sure if this is directed back at me or just a general comment.

2 minutes ago, chimes said:

Not sure if this is directed back at me or just a general comment.

A general comment to the board, nothing personal. KF’s dad never posted again after the Arky game that year IIRC.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Maybe I’m missing something but I haven’t seen anyone have anything negative to say about Worm.  His size comes up but from just simple physics.  I think this board and entire fan base has embraced him and as a true freshman seems to be getting plenty of opportunities so far.  He’s probably number 2 in the rotation right now and who would have guessed that going into the season.  

Now bashing the team as a whole yes.  Mostly it’s been coaching, OL, QB the others have pretty much gotten a pass.  I don’t think anyone that I saw on the board has even mentioned him getting lit up this weekend and fumbling.   Which is a huge deal with a struggling offense.  However it was recovered by a lineman I think.  We need backs that carry the ball 200 times without fumbling.  Like I said I think the freshman get a pass on the little things because of inexperience and learning life in the SEC isn’t high school football.  

Ok, this went left lol... I was having a whole other conversation when I spoke about the bashing. I was just addressing the fact that his height would be the only thing preventing him from getting so many carries. I did not say that it was you bashing. I believe you only provided your opinion...but you can only vouch for yourself and not what others do or say. I really don't care what anybody thinks to be honest, I just watch the blog for fun and I occasionally comment. Like I said this blog gives me strength to ignore a lot. Yep he acquired his 1st fumble. He is human and will make mistakes. He has taken ownership for that.  Oh and about him getting lit up, wont be the 1st or the last. He is a running back and it comes with the territory of the job. He laughed about the hit when we watched film.  However I do appreciate the support that I do receive from the people on this blog. I don't require special attention, Im tough and Ive always had to be so by all means do not tip toe around me. I have been on this blog for years since Gus gave my son the offer. Not everyone is a Worm fan and thats cool too, we will still live.... Just know Ive seen a lot & I'm cool with it lol... Its motivation #War Eagle

We are a family, lets agree to disagree and not get so upset about someone else's opinion! 

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

not sure on some plays if it was the line's fault or to wait a little bit to let the hole develop.  Instead of running into the backside of the o-linemen and pushing through, slow down a little bit find the hole and burst.  It took KJ a couple years to figure this out.  Some would say that Leveon Bell style of running.   With his size strength ratio he has that ability to have power and speed IMO.  There is no reason why he can not handle 20 plus carries.  He  has built his body properly and has the skills.

Its sometimes easier said than done. He runs a 10.2 in the 100 meter so he is faster than the usual RB's AU may be use too. He only needs a crease to hit the hole. Everyone needs to learn their job assignments in order to make this thing work. But it will come together, It takes time. I have faith. There are a lot of weapons on this team with only one ball. Unlike some parents, I like to win, no matter if my son is scoring or not & if my son isn't getting the job done he needs to be benched. That has always been my belief and people that truly know me will tell you that. I am a team player type of mom, Get the job done and get the W! #WarEagle  

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

Its sometimes easier said than done. He runs a 10.2 in the 100 meter so he is faster than the usual RB's AU may be use too. He only needs a crease to hit the hole. Everyone needs to learn their job assignments in order to make this thing work. But it will come together, It takes time. I have faith. There are a lot of weapons on this team with only one ball. Unlike some parents, I like to win, no matter if my son is scoring or not & if my son isn't getting the job done he needs to be benched. That has always been my belief and people that truly know me will tell you that. I am a team player type of mom, Get the job done and get the W! #WarEagle  

:hellyeah: Ha!  Loving it!  War Eagle, Momma!

Well I ain’t seen nothing but good things from worm. Momma said “it’ll come together, it takes time. I have faith. Lot of weapons just one ball”. Me and Momma Worm get it! I love to see him on the field and will see plenty of this for years to come! War Eagle Momma. 

47 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

How do you fix this? 

Half play-calling, half O-line. This offense, whether Malzahn would admit it or not, is based just as much on running around as through you. Being in the redzone means yardage that's more crowded with defenders. That's typically a problem for a lot of spread teams that are built around getting your playmakers in space. Malzahn has tried to build an offense that uses more pro-style running elements but as we've seen, unless you have enough competent big uglies up front, and physical enough RBs in the backfield, you're not gonna be pounding in the football like UAT can on every drive. That's why having a dual-threat QB is so effective. It gives you another dimension to have to defend, somewhat equalizing the advantage that defenses can have in the redzone with the numbers. We never had a problem getting in the endzone with Cam, and rarely did we have a problem with Marshall running the offense either, outside of a couple of games in 2014.

That's not saying Auburn can't be successful with a pocket passer or more pro-style QB. But think about the UGA games last year. In game one, aside from the Stidham scramble for a TD in the 3rd quarter, weren't all of our TDs from big plays outside of the redzone? The Slayton long pass TD, the Ryan Davis tunnel screen TD, the KJ screen pass TD. 3 times in the first half, Auburn drove into UGA's redzone and came away with field goals each time. The big plays made that game explode for Auburn, otherwise the margin of victory would have been considerably slimmer, though we obviously still would have won. Now look at the 2nd game. We didn't have nearly as many big plays, our TD drive was good and we got in the redzone to score that one but the other couple of times we got in the redzone, we came away with no points - Stidham fumble, blocked FG, etc. Interestingly enough, the Iron Bowl last year was pretty good for Auburn's red zone percentage - all 3 TDs came with Auburn deep in the red zone. I attribute this to the play-calling (which was superb in this game) and execution - Malzahn led teams always seem to play at a much higher level vs. UAT, even in losing efforts.

40 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

That's exactly what I was thinking at the time.  Thank you Lords Ragland and Cardigan...

I thought of that many times this season.

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Ok, this went left lol... I was having a whole other conversation when I spoke about the bashing. I was just addressing the fact that his height would be the only thing preventing him from getting so many carries. I did not say that it was you bashing. I believe you only provided your opinion...but you can only vouch for yourself and not what others do or say. I really don't care what anybody thinks to be honest, I just watch the blog for fun and I occasionally comment. Like I said this blog gives me strength to ignore a lot. Yep he acquired his 1st fumble. He is human and will make mistakes. He has taken ownership for that.  Oh and about him getting lit up, wont be the 1st or the last. He is a running back and it comes with the territory of the job. He laughed about the hit when we watched film.  However I do appreciate the support that I do receive from the people on this blog. I don't require special attention, Im tough and Ive always had to be so by all means do not tip toe around me. I have been on this blog for years since Gus gave my son the offer. Not everyone is a Worm fan and thats cool too, we will still live.... Just know Ive seen a lot & I'm cool with it lol... Its motivation #War Eagle

We are a family, lets agree to disagree and not get so upset about someone else's opinion! 

Well said.   I would just like to say that I enjoy watching your son play and wish him nothing but the best.   War Eagle!!

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Well put. He is a good Ballplayer and if the coaches handle things right, he will have a great career here and at the next level. Size never hindered Darren Sproles in college or the pros. 

7 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

I normally just read and keep it moving... but I'll say this (with no disrespect) in regards to Shivers, You don't actually know what Shivers brings to the table as a package yet because he has been limited due to the offense trying to gel this season. Plus he is a True Freshman that must wait his turn. Next, his size doesn't prevent him from doing anything. The TV weight is a lie, he is not 172 & if people were paying attention to him in the games or when they see him outside of the stadium you will see that he is a muscular (extremely strong) short guy... a couple of weeks ago he was 187 so I believe what you meant to say is that his height will prevent him from being a 15 carry back.... I will still say your wrong but you are entitled to your opinion. So I am just expressing mine. I guess you will be one that he has to make a believer. #WarEagle

I appreciate your knowledge of the game. Worm is a lucky young man to have a loving mom who understands the game of football. I would love nothing more than to see him start carrying the rock multiple times in future games. I am just not sure how many times a game he can carry the rock. I hope he gets the chance to show his stuff in a far more expanded role. How many times realistically, do you think he can carry the ball in a game? I know a lot of folks feel that KamMartin cannot carry the ball as many times per game as Boobee. Worm and Schwartz are probably the fastest 1-2 punch in all of college football. I cannot wait to see worm take it to the house on a long run. He reminds me a lot of Barry Sanders. If all football players had a mom like you, the game would be so much better. I did not mean anything bad whatsoever about Worm and hope you understand this.  We are so fortunate to have him wearing the orange and blue!

BTY, do you have any other children? If so, they are blessed and fortunate children! Are they football players?  Keep up the great work and I will be rooting for Worm to have a breakout game where we can see the whole package!

if i win that billion plus in the ga lottery i just bought tickets for i will fix the team no problem.

40 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if i win that billion plus in the ga lottery i just bought tickets for i will fix the team no problem.

Probably gonna regret this, but....

How are you going to fix the team, 'fifty?

So we get to the red zone we’ll but we’re trash once we get there? Well yeah, that’s been the case since 2011; with the exception that some years we didn’t even get to the red zone.

Cam was just a battering ram in the red zone and it was almost irrelevant what was called. Hell, half the time Cam was calling the plays based off the flow of the game.

Nick Marshall struggled in the red zone largely for the same reason every qb after him has; Tre Mason just happened to be a red zone animal. Gus is terrified of throwing in the red zone. We’re getting better about this but he’s always been terrible in the red zone as a. play caller. 

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I appreciate your knowledge of the game. Worm is a lucky young man to have a loving mom who understands the game of football. I would love nothing more than to see him start carrying the rock multiple times in future games. I am just not sure how many times a game he can carry the rock. I hope he gets the chance to show his stuff in a far more expanded role. How many times realistically, do you think he can carry the ball in a game? I know a lot of folks feel that KamMartin cannot carry the ball as many times per game as Boobee. Worm and Schwartz are probably the fastest 1-2 punch in all of college football. I cannot wait to see worm take it to the house on a long run. He reminds me a lot of Barry Sanders. If all football players had a mom like you, the game would be so much better. I did not mean anything bad whatsoever about Worm and hope you understand this.  We are so fortunate to have him wearing the orange and blue!

BTY, do you have any other children? If so, they are blessed and fortunate children! Are they football players?  Keep up the great work and I will be rooting for Worm to have a breakout game where we can see the whole package!

No worries.... I appreciate your kind words & please know that I did not take your comments as insults as I was just attempting to provide factual information. Its all good, trust me! 

Worm is my middle child... I have a 21yr old daughter that was a high school track star, who’s now in college & a 14yr (soon to be 15) son that plays football & runs track. He is the tallest in the house. He just started to play football & run track. He is also fast & plays LB; DE; Tackle; Kickoff, Punt, Field Goal, & some FullBack. He is finding himself I guess lol his nickname is Sumo

Its absolutely awesome we have a player’s parent on here. I just want to say no matter how critical I am of Gus, I respect the heck out of all those kids who wear the Orange and Blue or ever have....except for Eric Ramsey...War Eagle! 

11 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Its absolutely awesome we have a player’s parent on here. I just want to say no matter how critical I am of Gus, I respect the heck out of all those kids who wear the Orange and Blue or ever have....except for Eric Ramsey...War Eagle! 

You mean that, if forced to choose, you'd go with the guys who actually play the games vs the millionaire who holds their careers in his questionably competent hands? Odd. 

11 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

No worries.... I appreciate your kind words & please know that I did not take your comments as insults as I was just attempting to provide factual information. Its all good, trust me! 

Worm is my middle child... I have a 21yr old daughter that was a high school track star, who’s now in college & a 14yr (soon to be 15) son that plays football & runs track. He is the tallest in the house. He just started to play football & run track. He is also fast & plays LB; DE; Tackle; Kickoff, Punt, Field Goal, & some FullBack. He is finding himself I guess lol his nickname is Sumo

SUMO! That's awesome. I really hope that Shaun loves it Auburn and talks him into coming here.

You must be so proud of all your kids. Great job.

I really wish some of our fans would watch an NFL game every once in awhile and they'd see that guys who are only slightly bigger than Shaun and not as compactly built are all over the field sustaining all kinds of violent hits and being just fine. I have no idea how they get it in their heads that shorter guys are less durable. 

12 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Shout out to YOU Momma Worm! Have a blessed day and thank you for giving Shaun to AU.

Archived