Malik Miller

aubiefifty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Way more potential than folks around here realize he has. 

I like him, I think he could lose a little weight and gain some speed though! Glad he didn’t flame out before he got his chance.

25 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Eric smith had a bad attitude 

Almost costed us big in the NC.

Miller appears to be a powerful but slower runner than his current fellow RB's. There's a place for him, just as there was a place for Eric Smith. I don't see that place being our starting, 25 carry a game RB.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Miller appears to be a powerful but slower runner than his current fellow RB's. There's a place for him, just as there was a place for Eric Smith. I don't see that place being our starting, 25 carry a game RB.

I thought you were a linebacker evaluator? If you’re gonna branch out and start critiquing running backs you need to update your profile.

4 hours ago, auskip07 said:

Eric smith had a bad attitude 

I don’t necessarily agree. He was super passionate and motivated. He just had severe anger control issues that caused problems both on and off the field.

9 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I don’t necessarily agree. He was super passionate and motivated. He just had severe anger control issues that caused problems both on and off the field.

Is this real life? 

21 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

12 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Is this real life? 

I get what Friction is saying and I also get your confusion.

Yes, Smith was a crappy boyfriend and not necessarily the classiest opponent on the field. However, I bet his teammates and coaches loved what he brought to the team. I bet he was hungry and coachable and dependable. I bet he'd be the first guy they'd want in a foxhole with them. I bet they saw the occasional PF as an extension of his passion and grit. 

Do we want a guy exactly like Eric Smith on the team? Maybe not. Do we want a guy who plays football exactly like Eric Smith on the team? Hell yeah, I do. 

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I was hoping Cox would be that guy. Hard to tell how close or far off he is in this offense, though. 

Cox is a great kid (young man, whatever) - he's going to try his best to put you on your butt while the play is going but once the whistle blows he's your best friend again. LOL

14 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Cox is a great kid (young man, whatever) - he's going to try his best to put you on your butt while the play is going but once the whistle blows he's your best friend again. LOL

Sounds about right

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He was a mean, nasty SoB.  Absolutely the guy you want in a fight.

Seems like that didn’t stop off the field either. 

14 minutes ago, alexava said:

Seems like that didn’t stop off the field either. 

It sure didn't.  I'll take a little nasty attitude on my team.

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It sure didn't.  I'll take a little nasty attitude on my team.

Me too. You can take the kid with the nasty attitude and help him channel it in a way that helps the team, but you can't create that attitude in a kid who doesn't have it. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Me too. You can take the kid with the nasty attitude and help him channel it in a way that helps the team, but you can't create that attitude in a kid who doesn't have it. 

Reminds me of the Blind Side movie - Oher already had that aggressiveness on the field. He didn't have it coached into him by his adopted family like the movie portrayed. :-\

9 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Reminds me of the Blind Side movie - Oher already had that aggressiveness on the field. He didn't have it coached into him by his adopted family like the movie portrayed. :-\

There's a lot wrong with that movie. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I don’t know that I want another player like him though. He had some ugly incidents including with an Auburn student. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

There's a lot wrong with that movie. 

Sandra looked good in it though. Played the part well.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know that I want another player like him though. He had some ugly incidents including with an Auburn student. 

Yeah I don't necessarily mean him. Point was you can't coach nasty. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Sandra looked good in it though. Played the part well.

Got chewed out by Leigh Ann Tuohy one time. She's definitely not afraid to speak her mind. They got that part right.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Got chewed out by Leigh Ann Tuohy one time. She's definitely not afraid to speak her mind. They got that part right.

You got chewed out? Id love to be chewed out by her.

Archived