Softball coming events

Fall ball completed.  2019 class will sign Nov. 14.  After that next up will be release of the schedule for next season.  Last year I believe it was released during the 2nd week of December.  From looking at some other schedules  and related articles it appears we do not play Alabama or Ole Miss.  We have South Carolina at Auburn.  There may be some set rotation for conference games.  Sounds like something Whiskey may know about.  Also play a mid-week game at Georgia State on March 17.  Last year the season started Feb. 8, so not that far off.  

Like you, I'm anxious to see who signs on Nov. 14.  And yes, there is a set rotation.  Ole Miss, LSU, Mizzou, and uat will drop off the schedule.  We will pick up Florida, Georgia, and So. Car. at Auburn, and Miss. St. in Starkville.  A&M will round out our home schedule, and we'll have Arkansas, Kentucky, and UT on the road.  This is obviously a tougher schedule than we had this year. 

9 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Like you, I'm anxious to see who signs on Nov. 14.  And yes, there is a set rotation.  Ole Miss, LSU, Mizzou, and uat will drop off the schedule.  We will pick up Florida, Georgia, and So. Car. at Auburn, and Miss. St. in Starkville.  A&M will round out our home schedule, and we'll have Arkansas, Kentucky, and UT on the road.  This is obviously a tougher schedule than we had this year. 

My reaction when I read the first part of post: 

DisastrousExemplaryAustralianshelduck-size_restricted.gif

My reaction after the 2nd part: 

giphy.gif

From looking at the Washington schedule, we play them in the Judi Garman Classic on March 1, in Fullerton, California.  Recall that Livy Schiele, transferred to Washington, after her freshman redshirt at AU.  So I bet we get to see her after all but not in an Auburn uniform.  I could not find the schedule matchups for that tournament but other participants include: Florida, Fresno State, Michigan, and Cal State Fullerton.  

As a side note, noticed Bama released their schedule.  Their last 4 SEC series are Georgia, Florida, Kentucky and LSU.  

Noticed that LSU plays in Clearwater Elite Invitational Feb 14-16.  Other participants are OK State, Oregon, Texas, Ohio State and Florida State.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I don't like not playing UAT, but nobody asked me. I'd think some accommodation would be made for rivalries.

I sometimes like having them rotate off the schedule.  It gives the needle on my "hate meter" a chance to move a tad bit back toward the left.  Anyway, there is always the possibility in playing in the SEC tournament.

16 hours ago, slot canyon said:

I sometimes like having them rotate off the schedule.  It gives the needle on my "hate meter" a chance to move a tad bit back toward the left.  Anyway, there is always the possibility in playing in the SEC tournament.

I wish we played every year.  CCM had a standing offer to Murphy to play every year, even when they didn't have a series.  He offered to play at neutral sites across the state to let the fans from all over the state take part in the rivalry.  

6 hours ago, 4WDE said:

I wish we played every year.  CCM had a standing offer to Murphy to play every year, even when they didn't have a series.  He offered to play at neutral sites across the state to let the fans from all over the state take part in the rivalry.  

When CCM was hired I believe I recall him making a statement to the effect that he wanted Coach Murphy to dread playing Auburn.  Along the lines of what you stated they played a game in Montgomery 2014 which AU won 6-2.  Bama returned the favor in the SEC tournament that year winning 4-8.  At quick glance I believe our record during Myers tenure was 5 wins and 4 losses.  In the 4 years prior to that we were 1 win and 9 losses.  A neutral site game during non SEC scheduled series would be fun and maybe could have a mini-tournament to include the likes of UAB and Troy?

Florida Gator schedule is published.  We play them April 26,27 and 28 in Auburn.  

They play Bama the week before AU and Mississippi State the week after; both at Fla.

4 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Playing Oregon in the Judy Garmin Classic (Fullerton, California) March 1 at 10 AM.    We play Washington same day at 12:30.  

Wow, that's a tough day of we don't come out with a good idea of our team. 

Well that will be good practice.  Just hope we find some pop in the lineup. 

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't see any games, but one observer posted that Swindle looked improved, maybe a little faster.  She seemed to be the #2 pitcher in the fall; then again, Coach could have a development reason for pitching the girls in a certain spot.  Welcome to the board.

21 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I didn't see any games, but one observer posted that Swindle looked improved, maybe a little faster.  She seemed to be the #2 pitcher in the fall; then again, Coach could have a development reason for pitching the girls in a certain spot.  Welcome to the board.

Thank you!   I've had season tickets for the last three years, and am looking forward to this season as well.

Appreciate the info :)

Agree it's a tough schedule.  I expect A&M to be down somewhat, though.  They lost their #1 pitcher (Trinity Harrington) and that homer-hitting 1bman Tori Vidales to graduation, and 5 players have transferred out.  There are some rumors as to why, that I won't post here.  Players transferring out include Samantha Show, Keeli Milligan, and Sarah Hudek.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I drove down to the Softball Preseason Banquet.  I would estimate about 200 in attendance which included players and support staff.  Team appears very fit.  Seniors gave short talks.  Jennie Finch was guest speaker.  Coach Ketlehut  gave some comments and I was favorably impressed with him.  Said the girls are stronger and ahead of where they were last year.. He is now coaching infield.  It was not clear to me if there is a designated hitting coach or if the staff has input.  He indicated they had made some changes in the batting approach for some of the players.  Veach mentioned that she was helping Nillan and Godwin and pleased with their progress.  Recall it has been posted here that Tissier is out for the season.  There are some photos and article from the event on the AU Athletics site.

Slot,  What can you tell me about Rachel Cook?   I just looked at our roster and saw her name.  It sounds vaguely familiar but I'm struggling to recall her background.  Website lists her as a Junior but no stats or any info on her freshman and sophomore years.  Did she transfer in or am I just losing it? 

Archived