2019 4* RB Jamious Griffin (Georgia Tech)

ellitor

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Can't produce an independent, unbiased source so post a gif. :)

I don't need to.

Im not the one that demands one...when it bolsters my position and refuses them when it doesn't.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't need to.

Im not the one that demands one...when it bolsters my position and refuses them when it doesn't.

You made the claim, you provide the cite. That's how the internet has always worked. If the idea that Gus doesn't let his OL coach contribute to OL evaluations doesn't make your BS meter go off, maybe you should go in for a BS meter checkup.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

You made the claim, you provide the cite. That's how the internet has always worked. If the idea that Gus doesn't let his OL coach contribute to OL evaluations doesn't make your BS meter go off, maybe you should go in for a BS meter checkup.

Where did I claim that?

But just to play your silly game, please explain where one would post a link to a private conversation.  

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A meme of that could easily be made for a shirt for Mikey.

Yup! If it's unpleasant, it can't be true. At least he doesn't really try to hide it, I guess. 

Lol. Somebody thinks he's on Judge Judy.

I think I'm going to start asking for a link to an unbiased source every time somebody quotes Shug or tells some story about chasing raccoons up the oak trees back before they paved College and Mag. 

PS- If you're gonna bring a libel suit, isn't the burden on you to prove it's not true?

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup! If it's unpleasant, it can't be true. At least he doesn't really try to hide it, I guess. 

Exactly. If it's info he likes he doesn't care if it's unbiased or independent.

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think I'm going to start asking for a link to an unbiased source every time somebody quotes Shug or tells some story about chasing raccoons up the oak trees back before they paved College and Mag. 

Link.......augolf1716.com

Went to an RB recruit's link to see what new news we have about him and found a O-line conversation going on instead. Any new word on Jamious Griffin?

As for the O-line conversation...did appear to me that the line got better as the season progressed but I'm not a very good judge of the O-line o I love it when you guys point o-line stuff out that you saw or didn't see.

As for JB Grimes evaluating recruits...who did we not go after that you think JB would want and/or who did we go after that you think JB would not want? Exactly where would his evaluations or lack of them have affected what we have done in recruiting this year and in the past? Other than guys we recruited but missed on, I'm not seeing where the evaluating has hurt or helped us. Trying to understand, still.

Some of the top ones we went after we would have gone after even if Grimes was picking as everybody goes after those types. That is why they are so hard to get a lot of competition.  I think the analyses of players who have potential to develop into great SEC linemen. The big tall athletic kid with a big frame from a smaller school that didn't have much if any strength and conditioning program so is underweight and not that strong. 

We should continue to go after the big guys then sometimes you will get a Greg Robinson, Shon Coleman, Braden Smith but you also need to find the players that you can develop if you don't get the HS Stud everybody wants.  

39 minutes ago, AuJoe said:

Any new word on Jamious Griffin?

OVing this weekend but MAR still higher on the board.

40 minutes ago, AuJoe said:

As for JB Grimes evaluating recruits...who did we not go after that you think JB would want and/or who did we go after that you think JB would not want? Exactly where would his evaluations or lack of them have affected what we have done in recruiting this year and in the past? Other than guys we recruited but missed on, I'm not seeing where the evaluating has hurt or helped us. Trying to understand, still.

Those questions are hard to quantify because such details don't come to the surface easily. All I know is Gus mostly & Horton minimally have total control over OL evals & deciding who we go after on the OL. Don't know much about JB's wants or preferences but I expect he would have casted a wider real net much like Hand would have done if he was allowed to. For example, Hand would have gone after a 3* kid with a lot of potential last year in Jalen Goss a lot harder, sooner, & taken him had he been allowed to.

36 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We should continue to go after the big guys then sometimes you will get a Greg Robinson, Shon Coleman, Braden Smith but you also need to find the players that you can develop if you don't get the HS Stud everybody wants.  

Also less of the ones we have to spend a year or 2 trimming the fat off him.

13 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

That should scare everyone to death.

Except for those who choose not to believe which is good for them I guess.

I just want everyone to know that i agree 100% with E about Jalen Goss. If whomever would have allowed us to have taken him we would have a OT in development with great size and the quickness to play left tackle, but alas he was slow played and told us to forget it and signed with FSU. These are the kind of guys we need to be on early. He was 6/5 with good enough feet to have been offered by UF as a tight end. He was ours for the taking but someone decided not to give him a commitable offer. Turns out that was a poor decision.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Some of the top ones we went after we would have gone after even if Grimes was picking as everybody goes after those types. That is why they are so hard to get a lot of competition.  I think the analyses of players who have potential to develop into great SEC linemen. The big tall athletic kid with a big frame from a smaller school that didn't have much if any strength and conditioning program so is underweight and not that strong. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also less of the ones we have to spend a year or 2 trimming the fat off him.

If I'm not mistaken, JB has been quoted as saying, "I don't like fat guys" or something to that effect. 

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I'm not mistaken, JB has been quoted as saying, "I don't like fat guys" or something to that effect. 

Not that strongly but yeah, a  similar idea. .

3 hours ago, auol72 said:

I just want everyone to know that i agree 100% with E about Jalen Goss. If whomever would have allowed us to have taken him we would have a OT in development with great size and the quickness to play left tackle, but alas he was slow played and told us to forget it and signed with FSU. These are the kind of guys we need to be on early. He was 6/5 with good enough feet to have been offered by UF as a tight end. He was ours for the taking but someone decided not to give him a commitable offer. Turns out that was a poor decision.

There are a bunch of those types that didn't sign in December. We should be all over those.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Imo this mindset is literally why we are second fiddle right now. We NEVER want big anything. At some point of time we haven't wanted big backs,big athletic tight ends, big o linemen, big wr's, big d tackles, big linebackers, big safeties, big corners.....the problem is we are playing freaking football!!!!! Like who really does that? I can see convincing people on a football board to blindly follow that type of logic just because a certain poster or something say it.....but how you really convince coaches to go out and recruit that way?

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Imo this mindset is literally why we are second fiddle right now. We NEVER want big anything. At some point of time we haven't wanted big backs,big athletic tight ends, big o linemen, big wr's, big d tackles, big linebackers, big safeties, big corners.....the problem is we are playing freaking football!!!!! Like who really does that? I can see convincing people on a football board to blindly follow that type of logic just because a certain poster or something say it.....but how you really convince coaches to go out and recruit that way?

We have gotten big guys though, some of which we had to spend a year or so trimming down.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We have gotten big guys though, some of which we had to spend a year or so trimming down.

Yes I know we've sprinkled big guys here and there but they were the exception. There are always outliers but I'm pointing out the want to be small and fast mindset in general was dumb in the first place.  Especially the precedent that was set on defense. It literally just set bammer up to catapult themselves with big strong recruits

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Where did I claim that?

But just to play your silly game, please explain where one would post a link to a private conversation.  

AuburnNTexas said he heard it. I said I wouldn't believe it unless I saw an independent, unbiased source. Your reaction with the gif pretty much says you believe it, therefore I thought you had a reliable source outside of the Crybaby Cadre.

There is no link to a private conversation. Who had this conversation, and who was the source with inside information, close enough to know the details would be of interest. In the meantime, the adage "If it sounds unrealistic it's probably not real" works very well in the case of Auburn's O-line coach not having any input into O-line prospect evaluation. Some claims are so outlandish that they require verification. This is one of them.

Archived