2019 4* RB Jamious Griffin (Georgia Tech)

ellitor

Crybaby cadre? I thought it was the bash brigade.  How about the Criticism Company? 

So now you want people to reveal their sources so you can then believe or, more appropriately, not believe them further?  If any one revealed who they get info from you would then question that relationship and demand written provenance of the relationship. 

Oh, how about the Realistic Rangers! 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Crybaby cadre? I thought it was the bash brigade.  How about the Criticism Company? 

So now you want people to reveal their sources so you can then believe or, more appropriately, not believe them further?  If any one revealed who they get info from you would then question that relationship and demand written provenance of the relationship. 

Oh, how about the Realistic Rangers! 

This is how he does it. Now we're talking about journalism instead of why our head coach can't field a decent offensive line in year 6 of his tenure.

The dorky ass name calling is just window dressing, I guess. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

They all work. Also GAGG (Gripe About Gus Group) and Whiney Wieners. I try to rotate and come up with new ones, so as not to be as predictable as the Drones of Discontent. :)

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They all work. Also GAGG (Gripe About Gus Group) and Whiney Wieners. I try to rotate and come up with new ones, so as not to be as predictable as the Drones of Discontent. :)

Oh, you missed the mark then, because you are more than predictable. You are the rainbow haired unicorn riding A4E.

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If I'm not mistaken, JB has been quoted as saying, "I don't like fat guys" or something to that effect. 

He has said something like that. From what I have seen from other posters over the years he would rather get somebody who has good feet is athletic has a big frame but may not weigh enough when he arrives. He feels he can work with strength and conditioning coach to muscle them up and turn them into very good SEC lineman. With some of the overweight guys it is harder to tell if in HS they were just so much bigger they dominated but might not work as well against better competition at the next level. 

There is a debate going on as to how much input Grimes or Hand has had in picking which players to recruit.  If true that it has been minimal then Gus has a problem.  Hopefully if true in the past it is something that will change.  Assuming we keep Grimes and don't get a new O-Line coach he has now had a year back at Auburn to start building relationships with the kind of O-Linemen he wants and Gus will let him have more power in selecting his recruits. If not nothing changes in O-Line recruiting.  If Gus decides to bring in a new O-line coach to address O-line recruiting deficiencies then he needs to find a good recruiter who already has relationships for players from our recruiting territory who will be allowed to select his own linemen. We can't afford to wait a year or two to build relationships we need O-Linemen especially OT's in next years class.

We should know in a few month when offers start going out after signing day. We know that we will go after the HS studs as will all of our competitors but what I will be watching for is the earlier offers to kids like Jalen Goss.  If you don't show interest in these types of kids early you have minimal chance of getting them later.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh, you missed the mark then, because you are more than predictable. You are the rainbow haired unicorn riding A4E.

I suppose I could post things that the Gaggle of Gripers would approve, but I wouldn't be being honest with myself. The (lamentably) now absent Coarch was able to give me one line of wisdom before his departure. It was something like "Anything you post that doesn't suit their agenda will be attacked". He was correct but the attacks don't bother me.

Guys take the OL talk to the OL recruiting thread. Sheesh! I can't believe we are still going on about OL recruiting in a RB recruit's thread.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Guys take the OL talk to the OL recruiting thread. Sheesh! I can't believe we are still going on about OL recruiting in a RB recruit's thread.

Come on now, E. You were in it with us just 1 page ago! But I hear you. 

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Come on now, E. You were in it with us just 1 page ago! But I hear you. 

I figure 3 full pages of derailment was more than enough. Plus I was trying to avoid having to do some thread cleaning.

Random quote from Griffin's high school coach. SIAP:

"One of the most impressive things about him is that he runs the 400 (meters) in track. And with his build, that's a very difficult race because there's so much muscle involved. To see him attack the 400 in the regional finals -- I met him in the third corner and said 'come on' and all he was doing was screaming because of the pain -- and he just kept going. That was enough to bring tears to your eyes to see an athlete compete like that."

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The Admiral of the A**Hole Armada

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

The Admiral of the A**Hole Armada

Deliberately dense, denying desperately definable doubts during debates.

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Random quote from Griffin's high school coach. SIAP:

Sounds like the tough running kid we have been needing. Come on over to the good guys.

Just now, bg5 said:

Sounds like the tough running kid we have been needing. Come on over to the good guys.

Yeah, those are the kinds of things I like to hear about a player at any position. And Gus has found a lot of them. I'll always give him credit for that. 

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

💯for alliteration. A budding avian poet in our midst....

Just now, SumterAubie said:

Wow. Nice alliteration for a dang football coach.

What's alliteration?

😁

16 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

And for a bird brain no less.

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

30 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And for a bird brain no less.

I guess that Sesame Street gig was good for something after all.

6 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I guess that Sesame Street gig was good for something after all.

The fact it's taken him nearly 50 years though is not very complimentary.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

What would make that Meta then? lol

Be careful e when you say Meta it means Metamucil to me......................thank god for Meta

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Be careful e when you say Meta it means Metamucil to me......................thank god for Meta

Commander-in-Chief applies either way 

Archived