2019 4* RB Jamious Griffin (Georgia Tech)

ellitor

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, Samau said:

Clemson Georgia and Alabama are all doing a great job recruiting OL. This is the major difference in our recruiting and theirs over the last few years. I think we do a pretty decent job in all the other positions but you need the big uglies to win Championships. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, McLoofus said:

We're not. Too bad. I like this kid. But we got our #1 target and we're still looking good for #2. 

So you're saying Williams was our #1 target at RB all along?

28 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

So you're saying Williams was our #1 target at RB all along?

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nope. It was Cain and then it was Williams. 

Well Cain, MAR, then MAR/DJ. When we found DJ in early November MAR had already passed Cain on our board. When got the background info on his work ethic, character, & the kind of student he is he shot up to 1A, 1B status with MAR immediately.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well Cain, MAR, then MAR/DJ. When we found DJ in early November MAR had already passed Cain on our board. When got the background info on his work ethic, character, & the kind of student he is he shot up to 1A, 1B status with MAR immediately.

When we were high on Cain(no not that kind) he was a highly regarded rb, but as he went along he started going way down in the rankings. I think AU coaches saw his decline in production, or something else, and we started looking at others ahead of him. I’m glad we did because it led us to DJW.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

When we were high on Cain(no not that kind) he was a highly regarded rb, but as he went along he started going way down in the rankings. I think AU coaches saw his decline in production, or something else, and we started looking at others ahead of him. I’m glad we did because it led us to DJW.

Cain's SR film wasn't great FWIW.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I saw him play in person expecting greatness but was very disappointed.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yes, that’s my point exactly.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* RB Jamious Griffin (Georgia Tech)
  • 3 months later...
On 5/11/2019 at 1:46 PM, Randman5000 said:

Apparently this is why... Collins changing the culture and personality at Tech.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26706900/waffle-house-morpheus-awakening-georgia-tech

As a true old-school Auburn Tiger, I hate Georgia Tech. Now, from a practical stand point I can't see them having a resurgence as all bad. We won't bump heads with Tech over too many prospects on the recruiting trail, we don't play them any more and if they become a thorn in UGA's side, that's a good thing.

The only way UGA will ever agree to move our game with them to an earlier date is if Tech starts causing UGA problems. They won't like a tough game the week before the SEC game any more than we do and they may listen to a plan to move the game to earlier in the season.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The only way UGA will ever agree to move our game with them to an earlier date is if Tech starts causing UGA problems. 

Archived