2019 4* RB Jamious Griffin (Georgia Tech)

ellitor

I just knew you were going to beat me @Auburn Kev. Lol

My guess is this means the staff is thinking we miss one of DJ or MAR. DJ is an AU-UGA battle. MAR is a AU-Penn St battle but have to like Penn St's odds if we don't have an OC for MAR to meet this weekend on his AU OV.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* RB Jamious Griffin (NC State)

Knowing the talent this guy played against I actually like this guy a lot. The way he runs reminds me of caddy. May not be as shifty

On 10/24/2018 at 6:58 PM, ellitor said:

No doubt. I don't think you have to have top end speed to necessarily be explosive though. To me explosiveness is more a function of how quick you can get to your top end speed a la acceleration as long as the top end isn't bad slow. I just looked up Emmitt Smith's Cowboys scouting report & his numbers were nowhere near eye popping. He ran a 4.7/40 at his combine & the cowboys rated his acceleration as average. I do know from an old interview I saw he had 20-10 vision which is perfect. I think attributes like that plus his great balance helped him to make up for some less than top tier athletic attributes allowing him to be one of the greatest RBs of all time. Just saying not having great top end speed can be overcome if other important attributes are in place as well as top end speed isn't everything by itself if the player doesn't also have things like quality vision, balance, & agility.

Totally agree. Top end speed is an add-on for me. A luxury. You gotta get to the 2nd level before that even matters. Le'Veon Bell runs a 4'6. 

^^^Whoa, this was already in my text editor from over a month ago. I guess I didn't click submit.

Anyway, SIAP but do we know if 5'10 205 is legit or close to it? 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agree. Top end speed is an add-on for me. A luxury. You gotta get to the 2nd level before that even matters. Le'Veon Bell runs a 4'6. 

^^^Whoa, this was already in my text editor from over a month ago. I guess I didn't click submit.

Anyway, SIAP but do we know if 5'10 205 is legit or close to it? 

I’d say it’s pretty legit. Rome has always had talent coming out but the coach they have now has taken them to the next level. 

6 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

I’d say it’s pretty legit. Rome has always had talent coming out but the coach they have now has taken them to the next level. 

That coach has it going on from their HS to their rec progra  He woulD struggle at AU, not used to losing much. 😜

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, ellitor said:

I just knew you were going to beat me @Auburn Kev. Lol

My guess is this means the staff is thinking we miss one of DJ or MAR. DJ is an AU-UGA battle. MAR is a AU-Penn St battle but have to like Penn St's odds if we don't have an OC for MAR to meet this weekend on his AU OV. 

@ellitor Any reason to think that perhaps the coaches knew that Asa was going to request a transfer and that's why they are going after JG now along with the others...as in, we now take 3 RBs? 

9 hours ago, AuJoe said:

@ellitor Any reason to think that perhaps the coaches knew that Asa was going to request a transfer and that's why they are going after JG now along with the others...as in, we now take 3 RBs? 

No & no. Still taking 2 RBs with the 2nd now being a must. It's hard to get 3 quality RBs in a class.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

What are the chances we try to take this guy at RB and MAR as an athlete?

If I'm not mistaken, one thing that helps us with MAR is recruiting him strictly as an RB. Big if, though, because I could super duper be mistaken. 

My thinking is MAR is special.  With that being said, I would have told both MAR and Griffin that we were wrapping it up yesterday and the spot goes to the 1st to commit and call it a day.  Most schools MAR is interested in took good backs yesterday.  Including Auburn.  It would not have been a bad haul to get Williams and Griffin and be done at RB and spend time concentrating on LB and OL.  I am sure if MAR wanted to sign in February we would find a way to make it work.

17 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

My thinking is MAR is special.  With that being said, I would have told both MAR and Griffin that we were wrapping it up yesterday and the spot goes to the 1st to commit and call it a day.  Most schools MAR is interested in took good backs yesterday.  Including Auburn.  It would not have been a bad haul to get Williams and Griffin and be done at RB and spend time concentrating on LB and OL.  I am sure if MAR wanted to sign in February we would find a way to make it work.

Agree, and we still have until late tomorrow to get this done. It's a three-day signing period, not a signing day.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:00 AM, NorthGATiger said:

I would have told both MAR and Griffin that we were wrapping it up yesterday and the spot goes to the 1st to commit and call it a day.

Would have been ill-advised in both cases. Griffin hasn't visited AU yet & is planning to in January. He also has 4 OVs left. MAR still has 3 OVs left.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dmoney said:

I really like this kid.... Hope we get him..

Unlikely that we take both him & MAR FWIW.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely that we take both him & MAR FWIW.

Ellitor, I agree unlikely we take it could even get both... With that said.. Do you know which AU is higher on? And which one do you think is better? I think DJ is a better All around back than both of these two but I still like both guys and know we need at least one

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you know which AU is higher on?

MAR. We already have a RB signed in DJ that can do most of, if not all, of what JG can do & with better speed.

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

And which one do you think is better?

Both good & have different strengths. MAR would likely compliment DJ better though.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

MAR. We already have a RB signed in DJ that can do most of, if not all, of what JG can do & with better speed.

Both good & have different strengths. MAR would likely compliment DJ better though.

I watched film since I posted that she I would agree. I really like MAR I think DJ and MAR with the combination of a good offensive line ( hopefully next two years we knock it out recruiting oline) could be a deadly duo similar to RB and Cadillac

8 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

I want this cat. Coaches better be doing all they can to get Griffin and Bell on their OVs next weekend. Must gets IMO.

JG more of a must get than MAR?

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JG more of a must get than MAR.

Yeah, IMO he's a more natural RB that's going to fit Gus's scheme better, can handle the workload. (No more Chip wanting to throw to the RBs.)

I understand that MAR is higher on the coaches' board tho. We don't need to be pussyfooting around and slow playing Griffin. 

Archived