Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

Always somebody trying to dictate somebody else conversation. Have to laugh at grown men calling for mods tattling on people 😂😂😂😂

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Wow, some sensitivity this morning.

pissing-like-a-boss-mc-memecenter-com-m-h-m-best-view-ever-12183357.png

I wanna piss like a boss!

That might be even better than the view from the pisser at the Bleacher Bar in Fenway.

image.png

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wanna piss like a boss!

That might be even better than the view from the pisser at the Bleacher Bar in Fenway.

image.png

A place like that is probably one of the VERY few times in a man's life that he can break out his Android or iPhone camera at a urinal and not get his ass beat down from Boston all the way to NYC 🤣😂

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

This thread needs to move or die. Can't believe its still on the front page here.

This happens at this time of year on the forum.  There is less news to talk about so we start cannibalizing old threads.  It's either this thread or the Horton leaving until NSD in February.  Last year it was the Carlton Davis skipping the bowl game discussion.  Next year it will be something else.  This is why funny gif's are crucial to keep everyone sane from time to time.

jim.gif

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I feel like that would be very weird to be sitting at the bar and know that there is a guy looking down at you from a window at a urinal.  Especially if you are a woman and there is a creep up there doing creepy stuff...

jim.gif

Seems an odd place for your mind to go. 

What actually happens is the dudes feel slightly funny knowing that people down in the bar can see their faces and know exactly what they're doing. But nobody cares because you're in a damned bar under the bleachers at Fenway having beers and watching a game. Even all those Irish Catholics and New England Puritans can't find a reason to get uptight about that. 

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

A place like that is probably one of the VERY few times in a man's life that he can break out his Android or iPhone camera at a urinal and not get his ass beat down from Boston all the way to NYC 🤣😂

Yup. It was funny looking up and seeing every dude up there with his phone up. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seems an odd place for your mind to go. 

What actually happens is the dudes feel slightly funny knowing that people down in the bar can see their faces and know exactly what they're doing. But nobody cares because you're in a damned bar under the bleachers at Fenway having beers and watching a game. Even all those Irish Catholics and New England Puritans can't find a reason to get uptight about that. 

It just seems odd to me I suppose.  BUT, to each their own...

• 5 months later...

To be fair, he initially transferred to a  whole different coaching staff; still, you got to wonder how many times can you keep moving.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Is he just not confident in playing time? 

Not sure. Probably just doesn’t like the coaches. He would’ve already been sitting out a year so the PT wouldn’t be there yet. 

Walking in Memphis is a great song.

CaneSport.com
Staff

Well that didn't last long.

Auburn RB transfer Asa Martin, who arrived at Miami in January and was going to redshirt this season per NCAA transfer rules (plus he was dealing with injury), is now moving on once more.

Martin, a former highly touted recruit, played a bit role at Auburn last season but was not happy after the team used him in one more game than was allowed for a redshirt ... costing him a year of eligibility.

He entered the transfer portal and chose UM.

But now that's come to an end as well and he's back in the portal.

Martin confirmed the decision for CaneSport and said that it was "nothing anyone did."

"Miami showed me nothing but love," he said, adding that he is "doing what’s best me after months of prayer, what I feel is best at this point in my career."

26 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

It’s malzahn’s fault😬

Of course this had nothing to do with Malzahn and to suggest it is absurd. I know you said this in jest, but it absolutely was the fault of Gus that Asa lost his redshirt season. I mean how difficult is it to count to 5? 

Edit: since the year counted against him he could still use a redshirt. But his redshirt season should have been 2017 at Auburn. SOMEONE on staff not being able to count to 5 wasted a year of eligibility for Asa. This year its going to cost him is all on Asa though.

33 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Of course this had nothing to do with Malzahn and to suggest it is absurd. I know you said this in jest, but it absolutely was the fault of Gus that Asa lost his redshirt season. I mean how difficult is it to count to 5? 

Edit: since the year counted against him he could still use a redshirt. But his redshirt season should have been 2017 at Auburn. SOMEONE on staff not being able to count to 5 wasted a year of eligibility for Asa. This year its going to cost him is all on Asa though.

He was in high school in 2017. I don’t think anyone miscounted to five. I don’t think there was any plan of redshirt until his mother bought it up. Then they didn’t know how many games he had played in. 

I don’t think this year will cost him anything as last year didn’t either. He basically wasted a spring but besides that he will sit out the 19 season and be eligible in ‘20. Unless he decides to transfer again. 

45 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

it absolutely was the fault of Gus that Asa lost his redshirt season. I mean how difficult is it to count to 5? 

Gus is not the one who counts things like games played. That's the position coaches' job & could be a reason Horton had to move on.

Nobody is surprised by this, right? He didn't want to be 5th string at Auburn and from what little info I've seen he wasn't that impressive at Miami either.  He's looking for a place to be top dog RB.

Archived