Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, around4ever said:

Do we know who made the call, Horton, Lindsey or Malzahn?

Don’t matter. Tim’s job or someone under him to keep up with trivial things like this. 

The firable part are the amount of snaps Ass had. There is no excuse for this. Period. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I have and I’ve said the same. Way before the season started. Miller has been ok. K-Mart? No business being the #1 RB to start the season. Lack of recruiting and development by Gus and Tim. 

I'll hand it to you on this: You never run out of negative things to post. You don't even have to repeat yourself very often, you have what seems to be a bottomless drawer of  negatives about the team, coaches and administration. 

16 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

K-Mart and Miller have no business getting significant carries for us

Sooo much this & it's been verified by nearly every one connected to the program on all AU boards.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is he making the call on Asa's PT & role? My guess is that it would be Malzahn.. If not then Horton has a lot to answer for in how he has used our RBs through the years.

Answered in another thread. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don’t matter. Tim’s job or someone under him to keep up with trivial things like this. 

The firable part are the amount of snaps Ass had. There is no excuse for this. Period. 

Bro, we’re not in meetings or at practices so we don’t have the ability to question the delusional personnel decisions being made year after year.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I'll hand it to you on this: You never run out of negative things to post. You don't even have to repeat yourself very often, you have what seems to be a bottomless drawer of  negatives about the team, coaches and administration. 

And now we’ve reached the “well, you’re just a big ole negative person” portion of the discussion.

Seems we’re just about done here.

18 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

K-Mart and Miller have no business getting significant carries for us, unless we’re lowering our expectations to meet the capabilities of our current HC.

Miller is producing and doing positive things for the team when he gets opportunities. That warrants playing time in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Answered in another thread. 

I follow all your posts. Haven't seen you answer that unless you mean the previous post before this one in this thread.

I do beliveve just about everything ive been critical on this past summer has been huge problems this year. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Miller is producing and doing positive things for the team when he gets opportunities. That warrants playing time in my opinion. 

Miller is slower than most defensive tackles and clearly isn’t going to be the answer against top-tier opponents.

Instead of developing or giving opportunities to other guys who could give us a chance against them, we’d rather derp around with mediocre talents and praise them for what they do against hapless opponents.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I do beliveve just about everything ive been critical on this past summer has been huge problems this year. 

True. Some just won't admit it.

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

He's about as slow as Gus is stubborn. On the plays he's been successful on if we played more talented backs the plays would be more successful. We have 1 & maybe 2 freshmen that qualify.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Asa Martin not playing ahead of the others? Nobody can know whether this is a problem or not.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep. You have hit at a high rate. Unfortunately for us fans & the team.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You know I am a sunshine pumper, just am.  But I will hand it to @WarDamnEagleWDE, he tries to shoot it straightforward.  He has been complementary where it has been merited.  I remember in the summer he was pretty complementary.  

3 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

And now we’ve reached the “well, you’re just a big ole negative person” portion of the discussion.

Seems we’re just about done here.

No way Mikey will ever say “You were right” to anything I’ve said here. 

Tried all summer to tell folks where this was going. As soon as Gus rehired Grimes I knew Gus wasn’t going to change. 

2 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

Miller is slower than most defensive tackles and clearly isn’t going to be the answer against top-tier opponents.

Instead of developing or giving opportunities to other guys who could give us a chance against them, we’d rather derp around with mediocre talents and praise them for what they do against hapless opponents.

Damn Liger! Beat me to it. Lol

Asa Martin not playing ahead of the others? Nobody can know whether this is a problem or not.

I’ve seen what the others in front of him can do.  If Asa isn’t being given opportunities to see what HE can do, it’s a problem.  A huge problem.

Period.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He's about as slow as Gus is stubborn. On the plays he's been successful on if we played more talented backs the plays would be more successful. We have 1 & maybe 2 freshmen that qualify.

The internet is a wonderful place. Just a week or so ago people were griping because Miller wasn't getting enough carries. Since Miller powered into the end zone twice without fumbling I'd have to ask which more talented backs would have been better on those two plays?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Miller is slow but he has been one of the few bright spots on offense. Kid has made some huge plays this year.

1 minute ago, L I G E R said:

I’ve seen what the others in front of him can do.  If Asa isn’t being given opportunities to see what HE can do, it’s a problem.  A huge problem.

Period.

Based off the Washington showing Joiner may apply to this as well.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:
7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Miller is slow but he has been one of the few bright spots on offense. Kid has made some huge plays this year.

I just got served. lol

10 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

Not disagreeing, but we did say the same about Peyton Barber who played on sheer will for us to win.  Now he is doing pretty well for the Bucs.  Not saying Miller is the answer, but I am proud of the guy.  

Archived