Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

Utimately this is Tim Hortons fault IMO.  Cant keeo track of his own players?   Deserved to be let go becuse of this.   Asa needs to ook at a Vandy/NC State?SouthFla, where he is guaranteed to start.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, ToomersStreet said:

Utimately this is Tim Hortons fault IMO.  Cant keeo track of his own players?   Deserved to be let go becuse of this.   Asa needs to ook at a Vandy/NC State?SouthFla, where he is guaranteed to start.

I'm not sure there is a P-5 school where Asa is guaranteed to start. He was 5th string at Auburn when he left and was about the same at Miami when he left there. He should see if he can crack the lineup at one of the Mississippi JUCO's and if that works for him, move up from there.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:54 PM, ToomersStreet said:

Did you see what he told Perine. Jeez talk about face palm. 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:22 PM, Randman5000 said:

Leave it to Gus to wait until he’s about to be fired to take a “gamble” and replace a woefully inefficient coach. The slow remark doesn’t even work when you consider some of the guys we’ve recruited. Barber, CAP, KP, these guys weren’t burners but showed enough burst out the hole to get your 4-5 yards right??? I doubt he called them slow though!

• 3 weeks later...

No ,what are you referring to?

That came from Perine and I doubt it was said to him like that.  There's a difference in saying something like, "we're looking for a bit more of a speed guy with this RB slot, or someone with a bit more speed, vs "you're slow.""

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, alexava said:

Where is Asa now?

Expectation is he will end up in juco for a season to prove himself as a college RB before going to another D1 school.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Expectation is he will end up in juco for a season to prove himself as a college RB before going to another D1 school.

Was he getting any interest from D1schools

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

Was he getting any interest from D1schools

Some but not sure it was any he was highly interested in.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Some but not sure it was any he was highly interested in.

"...highly interested in..."

Reminding me of a jobless person turning down mailroom jobs because he's holding out for the CEO position.

Jeez.... Dude, at this point, go ANYWHERE that will have you!!!

On 8/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, AUsince72 said:

"...highly interested in..."

Reminding me of a jobless person turning down mailroom jobs because he's holding out for the CEO position.

Jeez.... Dude, at this point, go ANYWHERE that will have you!!!

That's a terrible comparison.  There's nothing wrong with transferring down to  JUCO and proving to better schools that he has what it takes.

26 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

That's a terrible comparison.  There's nothing wrong with transferring down to  JUCO and proving to better schools that he has what it takes.

Misunderstanding me maybe?

Your 2nd sentence is agreeing with me.  It was basically my point.

25 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Misunderstanding me maybe?

Your 2nd sentence is agreeing with me.  It was basically my point.

My misunderstanding I suppose.  The post you quoted was about D1 schools he may have little interest in. 

12 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

My misunderstanding I suppose.  The post you quoted was about D1 schools he may have little interest in. 

Yes, E's post regarding Asa's getting D1 offers but ones he's "not highly interested in" struck me as very short sighted on Asa's part (if true).  That was my point... Asa Martin SHOULD be willing to go down to a "lesser" Div I, Div I-AA, Div II, JUCO....whoever would offer him a scholarship at this point.  Otherwise, he's quite possibly developing a reputation as a malcontent and I wouldn't expect he's getting too many top notch Div I offers at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Don't know squat about Memphis' RB depth chart.  Hopefully it's a good move for him.

This is his third college and I know he went to at least 2 high schools. He needs to find contentment at some point. Hope he does. 

On 8/22/2019 at 1:10 PM, Gowebb11 said:

This is his third college and I know he went to at least 2 high schools. He needs to find contentment at some point. Hope he does. 

It would be interesting to know if the discontent is with Martin himself or with the parents/advisors that seem to be controlling his situation.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It would be interesting to know if the discontent is with Martin himself or with the parents/advisors that seem to be controlling his situation.

I wonder the same thing. At his age, it’s usually the parents. 

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I wonder the same thing. At his age, it’s usually the parents. 

One would think so, but in recent years there have been many cases of a "handler"  messing around with a promising athlete's decisions. When something goes off-track I have started wondering who is in control of the situation and for what personal reasons.

Archived