Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Told you not to believe the head coach. I think he is a robot. 

This is exactly what Gus is.  Once the game starts, it’s on auto pilot, no changes. The only thing that will change is if a player is injured and Gus will hope the medical staff will allow him to go back in.  Gus will not monitor the situation with the hurt player as to his performance.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If you think the defense (also Malzahn's responsibility, by the way) hasn't been the most under achieving, disappointing area of this team, you should stick to the basketball forum.

Going into Saturday, The D was 16th in 3rd down conversion pct defense. The O isn’t even in the top 50 in converting. The D was 13th in scoring D, in the Top 15, only 4 teams allowed 14 or less TDs, Fresno St, Miss St, Clemson, and AU. Scoring O, not even in top 50. AU is in the top 50 of first down defense, the O is not in the top 50 for first down O. The D however does lack eye discipline and the fits seem to be off this year, however, the O is by far the most disappointing unit. We could mask our problems, and we know we can because we have seen it through playcalling at times this year.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If you think the defense (also Malzahn's responsibility, by the way) hasn't been the most under achieving, disappointing area of this team, you should stick to the basketball forum.

Yeah you are trolling. This falls on the OL and the 2nd isn't even close and that would be Stidham's play. Isn't the D the 2nd SEC and 35th rated D in the county? 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not to mention the very real possibility that Steele's defense is playing conservatively because he knows our offense can't find the endzone. Hence the high number of plays defended vs the low number of touchdowns allowed.

Need to do the math....the longer the other guys have the ball, the fewer opportunities the O has on the field.   O is not great, that's a fact....but no matter what it is, they are not gonna do anything sitting on the bench while the opposition is making a 10-12 play,  5 - 7 minute drives and completing every 3rd and long obvious passing play.  O did much better when it had good field position to work from. .

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No one on this AU is good at pass blocking. Not one of them. 

Not particularly good perhaps....kinda small most of them.....but you have to figure that Chip is gonna put the best ones he has out there....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Need to do the math....the longer the other guys have the ball, the fewer opportunities the O has on the field.   O is not great, that's a fact....but no matter what it is, they are not gonna do anything sitting on the bench while the opposition is making a 10-12 play,  5 - 7 minute drives and completing every 3rd and long obvious passing play.  O did much better when it had good field position to work from. .

Why do you keep saying this? We've already been over this. Look at the drive charts. When our offense sustains drives and scores points, you can bring this back up. Until then, you might as well be saying that water is dry. 

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Damn! Mikey's gone deep into the good stuff...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not particularly good perhaps....kinda small most of them.....but you have to figure that Chip is gonna put the best ones he has out there....

Chip? Chip has never made a call on what players are going to play. Especially on the OL. Gus is making those calls and has been since he has been here including his time as OC. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nope. Why all of those stats are misleading. So much more to this than just carries. How good was the OL he was running behind? Pass catches. BLOCKING, which can take a toll on a RB. 

And further KJ got a lot more carries total & % wise than other lead backs in their teams' biggest games. That's where you are going to see the toll, especially in licks coming from teams like Bama & UGA.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'd go with this one....................

Image result for coccane is a hell of a drug gif

Yeah I wanted to go with Cheech & Chong but didn't want to post on this site the super burrito sized blunts they smoked that were in most of their gifs.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And further KJ got a lot more carries total & % wise than other lead backs in their teams' biggest games. That's where you are going to see the toll, especially in licks coming from teams like Bama & UGA.

Well, if you have the horses use them. If you have a horse and a donkey, just stick with the horse.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Why do you keep saying this? We've already been over this. Look at the drive charts. When our offense sustains drives and scores points, you can bring this back up. Until then, you might as well be saying that water is dry. 

Our offense is what it is.....so the D needs to do a better job of getting off the field.   Not giving up yards (if not points) is half the job IMO.    

A few years ago it was the reverse......O could score on anyone and the D could not stop the opposition so we were trying to outscore people.   It works that way sometimes.....but that's not a reason to justify that it's OK for the D to give up long time consuming drives....even if they don't give up the points.   The O needs as many opportunities as possible and needs good field position....that's a fact and we have to live with it.  JMO

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is exactly what Gus is.  Once the game starts, it’s on auto pilot, no changes. The only thing that will change is if a player is injured and Gus will hope the medical staff will allow him to go back in.  Gus will not monitor the situation with the hurt player as to his performance.

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He's the most stubborn robot I've ever met

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Good job following the game plan that was layed out before the game.  I’m glad it worked.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good job following the game plan that was layed out before the game.  I’m glad it worked.

Good game plan and stuck to it? It’s almost like you’re saying decent play calling given the weaknesses they’re trying to hide. 

Coaches could’ve called more than 5 plays with no protection and didn’t. Regardless of what anybody says, only the coaches know the strengths of our players. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Look, anyone can see that RB's and injuries have been a common theme the last 3 years with Gus. Yeah other teams run their RB's as many times as Gus runs his. But it's the way that Gus uses the RB's that is the problem. One gets injured and boom he's back in. Grinding and grinding. There isn't anyone that can step in and help or Gus does not use them. And this has been devisating at the end of the season the last 3 or 4 years. To say it's not a problem is just being a homer. 

This discussion has turned into the most bizarre posts on the board in a long time.  We all knew early in the season that the O sucked AND as a result the D was going to pay the price, especially late in games and late in the season.  Every football fan knows that playing defense is more physically demanding than offense and when the O sucks the D is going to get worn out. 

For a moment, assume that the D is the liability that some have stated.  That means that Gus is a doubly bad HC because none of his team is worth a crap.  Gus is an absolute football fraud.  

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Are we watching the same games?

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Our offense is what it is.....so the D needs to do a better job of getting off the field.   Not giving up yards (if not points) is half the job IMO.    

A few years ago it was the reverse......O could score on anyone and the D could not stop the opposition so we were trying to outscore people.   It works that way sometimes.....but that's not a reason to justify that it's OK for the D to give up long time consuming drives....even if they don't give up the points.   The O needs as many opportunities as possible and needs good field position....that's a fact and we have to live with it.  JMO

A few years ago, we fired the guy responsible for those bad defenses. Turns out we didn't have to live with it at all.

As for the rest, I fail to see even a modicum of logic or objective opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

For a moment, assume that the D is the liability that some have stated.  

I don’t think they’re a liability. They’re just not as advertised. Florida had a pathetic offense in 2012 but the defense carried them to the Sugar Bowl. I think I hoped for little more of that. 

Archived