Keith Predicting The Class

ellitor

30 minutes ago, waaegl said:

I couldn’t help but hear it. I think it was stated about 120 times during the game - a 3-hour bama lovefest. 

It was but they also gave Johnson his props but how couldn’t you he was electric and dominant 

22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

It was but they also gave Johnson his props but how couldn’t you he was electric and dominant 

Fortunately I did not watch much of the game....just checked in and out and missed most of the discussion...but if bama has 6 guys out there I guess it's not unreasonable they might talk about that. ….but I did notice (and quickly change channels) when the Paul Bryant salute got under way....

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

KN has turned into a HOMER. 

No he hasn't. He's just picking the guys AU has the best known chances of right now. That's the way he's always done these articles. Nothing in there states he feels good about AU getting every one of the additions he listed.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No he hasn't. He's just picking the guys AU has the best known chances of right now. That's the way he's always done these articles. Nothing in there states he feels good about AU getting every one of the additions he listed.

So that is just click bait? 

31 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So that is just click bait? 

No. Every recruiting reporter does this once a month if not more for their team sites as NSD approaches because so many fans ask quite frequently who the best chances for at each position even if they aren't good chances. FWIW even though Keith doesn't feel good about every addition to his mock class he did say there were no reaches in his predictions this time either.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No. Every recruiting reporter does this once a month if not more for their team sites as NSD approaches because so many fans ask quite frequently who the best chances for at each position even if they aren't good chances. FWIW even though Keith doesn't feel good about every addition to his mock class he did say there were no reaches in his predictions this time either.

Keith admits he's not highly confident in his picks:

5_2917679.pngKeith NiebuhrFri Oct 26 2018

Time will tell if I get any of those right.

RB is so hard to predict.

No Haselwood. No Trezmen Marshall. DeLoach will not be easy to flip.

Lot of we'll sees ....

Analyzing this class based on who has said they are committed and none of them flipping and then reviewing what Keith has said.  If we don't get both Putnam and Kingsley-Eguakun ore players equal to them in O-Line we will have fallen short in O-Line one of our biggest needs, The two we have I like but we need two more at least. Would love to get both of the RB's but would be happy with either one. We need at least one solid RB in this class or we will have missed in RB recruiting for the year.  D-Line is pretty strong with what we have so far but another DT would be ideal and a Buck would be gravy even though I don't thick we will get Hall I think we slow played him to long. LB we have a great one and we need at least one more Deloach would be great.

34 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

f we don't get both Putnam and Kingsley-Eguakun ore players equal to them in O-Line we will have fallen short in O-Line one of our biggest needs

Some would argue & legitimately so that if we don't get them & add a good OT prospect we will have fallen short on OL recruiting...again. There is a emerging kid Keith likes that AU is evaluating. Can't say his name yet because it's VIP but if AU offers he will have a thread.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Some would argue & legitimately so that if we don't get them & add a good OT prospect we will have fallen short on OL recruiting...again. There is a emerging kid Keith likes that AU is evaluating. Can't say his name yet because it's VIP but if AU offers he will have a thread.

I think what's frustrating everyone is that we have known this was a need and late in the game we are still having to work this hard to get our two biggest needs along with RB. You would think we would have had these guy's locked up by now. We have had good recruiting classes now for several years but they are not always what we are needing. I remember a few years ago it was LB's we were low on ( Maybe we need a Mikey for RB's and OL). We have a whole lot of talent on this team if we could just even out all the positions. I think these recruits see that and see that because of all the talent we could get things turned around fast if we fill in the holes.

30 minutes ago, bg5 said:

You would think we would have had these guy's locked up by now.

On RB it's kind of hard to lock it up when your top target is dead set on not making a call before early NSD. On the OL it's hard to lock up some guys when you have a new position coach that has to establish relationships all over again.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

On RB it's kind of hard to lock it up when your top target is dead set on not making a call before early NSD. On the OL it's hard to lock up some guys when you have a new position coach that has to establish relationships all over again.

I know it's just frustrating that the two positions that we need most are the two we don't have locked in.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

The kid from Texas?

Archived