Alabama 7A Region Of Death Decided Tonight

corchjay

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Why the hell do they keep calling Taulia “Leah?”

Tua is already taken. If he gets a nickname from his name it has to be Lia.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Chop block on the defense. Huh. 

I've seen it before. It's a legit penalty if it happened.

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Sorry folks gotta change JJ’s nickname... he goes by “Var”

He's always Dynomite to me.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

If scores stands it’ll be Hoover Thompson Mt Brook Hewitt-Trussville 1-4 in the region 

And all 4 will win their 1st round games over the Northern Region...Again.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Johnson with a huge night and looks incredible but definitely something wrong with his hand or wrist.  Wouldn’t even using it to block and probably cost on the drop/INT.  Gamer with heart.  We got a good one boys!!!

I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but I hope he is on the team & & his hand let's him play in the Alabama-Mississippi All Star game. The kid really deserves a shot at a chance to shine against the best in the 2 states.

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

PC has been on cruise control all year.  They have an excellent D.  I am surprised AHS held up as long as they did. I do not see any team out of the south.  I watched the Thomson Trussville game tonight,   Too many weapons imo.  I think PC can hang with Hoover however. 

PC has dominated this year but they haven't seen anything like what they'll see in Jordan Hare in the championship against Hoover, Thompson, or HT. Given how weak the South is CPC should have scheduled a high quality out of state team or 2 to prepare them for the state title game.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Was it below the waist? Could be a chop block or clipping.

No, that’s was shoulder to chest basically. 

Let me say this. Other than my disdain for Hoover due to my Prattville blood I have no dog in the fight of this region. With that said, I'm a big fan of this region. It's basically like SEC West usually is. If I lived in the area I would record the B'Ham area game of the week on TV each week & go to the next best match up.

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

I like both logos 

I'm not big on the "Husky head" logo, but I do like the swept HT on the hat you posted. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'm not big on the "Husky head

I like it! Mainly because huskies are one of my favorite breeds. lol

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I like it! Mainly because huskies are one of my favorite breeds. lol

My wife has been begging me to get her one for ages now. I'll crack eventually. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Let me say this. Other than my disdain for Hoover due to my Prattville blood I have no dog in the fight of this region. With that said, I'm a big fan of this region. It's basically like SEC West usually is. If I lived in the area I would record the B'Ham area game of the week on TV each week & go to the next best match up.

It’s very similar to the SEC west.  They build facilities, pay big money for coaches, and have good competition each week.

Just think Vestavia hasn’t been very good the past few years.  Time has passed their coach by but he does have the most wins ever in the state so I understand him going out on his own terms.  

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but I hope he is on the team & & his hand let's him play in the Alabama-Mississippi All Star game. The kid really deserves a shot at a chance to shine against the best in the 2 states.

I hope so I should know more on Monday about his status.  He should definitely be rated higher then the 113th WR in the country.  

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

Chop block on the defense. Huh. 

15 hours ago, corchjay said:

Blocking below the waist on the defense???

well, two totally different penalties but I can't understand why so many fans think those shouldn't get called on the defense.   The rule book for high school simply states, There SHALL BE NO CHOP BLOCKS.   Blocking below the waist is illegal all over the field by everybody..  There is no exception that those only apply to the offense.  It's ILLEGAL for anybody to block below the waist (except in free blocking zone) and its illegal for any 2 players to commit a chop block regardless of where they are on the field or what side of the ball they are on.

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

I like both logos 

To each his own. When I was a kid, getting that baseball hat with the HT logo on it was one of my biggest goals. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

How is the Region of Death Fairing 

AHS and Central are both rolling. 

Trussville leading James Clemons 21-20 at half.  Johnson has 2 TD catches.  

Archived