Gus on CBS

weathergeakal

• WarTiger changed the title to Gus on CBS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it’s Saturday and your team is off.  And where are you?  Trying to figure out how to beat A&M?  No.  Out recruiting some offensive linemen you desperately need?  No.  You are on TV playing “Analyst” for the GA/FL game.  So he’s not  capable of analyzing his own team’s deficiencies and figuring out how to overcome them but he’s going to analyze a game between two obviously better coached teams.  Maybe he’s looking for a full time gig?  You know $32 million doesn’t go a far as it used to!

Is that Nutt beside him? They should have some "interesting" discussions about football coaching.

32 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

So it’s Saturday and your team is off.  And where are you?  Trying to figure out how to beat A&M?  No.  Out recruiting some offensive linemen you desperately need?  No.  You are on TV playing “Analyst” for the GA/FL game.  So he’s not  capable of analyzing his own team’s deficiencies and figuring out how to overcome them but he’s going to analyze a game between two obviously better coached teams.  Maybe he’s looking for a full time gig?  You know $32 million doesn’t go a far as it used to!

Come on. I don’t like him as a coach but Having your head coach on a national televised show is good for the program.

27 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Come on. I don’t like him as a coach but Having your head coach on a national televised show is good for the program.

When his team is playing well I completely agree.  When they don’t show up against MSU and a Tennessee team that hasn’t won a conference game in years maybe he should be tending to his own business.  

I’m not usually one to make a big deal outta something like this but considering the season we’ve had it does seem like bad optics...and if you’re CBS why on earth do you want a guy who can’t analyze his own team analyzing others???

43 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I disagree. How is it good when most of the college football world knows that the majority of your fan base doesn’t want him to be the coach anymore? 

He was recruiting at the Trussville game last night, on national television today. Heck, he's having a steak dinner with his wife tonight and then watching the A&M game, which makes him seem like an actual living breathing person instead of a robot. I have no issue with him today. 

Also let's be honest, what is he going to do today that would help us win next week? We've seen the man coach for 6 years now, he ain't making an earth shattering coaching move a week before a game. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He was recruiting at the Trussville game last night, on national television today. Heck, he's having a steak dinner with his wife tonight and then watching the A&M game, which makes him seem like an actual living breathing person instead of a robot. I have no issue with him today. 

Also let's be honest, what is he going to do today that would help us win next week? We've seen the man coach for 6 years now, he ain't making an earth shattering coaching move a week before a game. 

Actually when you put it that way I can't disagree. I wish I could but it is what it is. 

25 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Maybe getting ready early and rehearsing for a new gig?

I'm sticking with my theory that he's hired a PR advisor/life coach to make him seem more likable.

my take is on this is that......Chip is home scheming offensive plays to beat TAMU behind Gus' back. While the Gus is away, Chip will play!

38 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

No doubt 

hey biscuit...who makes the best biscuits?  I love Popeye Chicken's biscuits. Also, Bojangles has good biscuits. Cracker Barrel has decent ones as well. My great aunt, God rest her soul, made some cat head bisccuits to die for!

2 hours ago, CR said:

Is that Nutt beside him? They should have some "interesting" discussions about football coaching.

Gotta ask how you can tell which one is the nut?  Or which nut you talking about?

3 minutes ago, AURocketman said:

Gotta ask how you can tell which one is the nut?  Or which nut you talking about?

Houston Nutt, Gus's old boss. I didn't realize he was on CBS.

I thought it was really interesting when his co host  started discussing playing fields for a full series instead of using him to throw a screen and then hand off... like what gus does to Malik Willis.  

Archived