Null



tigerbrotha12

Exhibition vs Western Carolina

Recommended Posts

Tigers up 1-0 through 3. 

Holland and Julien with two doubles in the first to score the run. No noise from bottom of the order. 

Lineup:

RF - Ward

SS- Holland

1B - Williams

3B - Julien

2B - Bliss

LF - Lau

CF - Howell

C - Scheffler

DH - Hall

SP- Fitts

Richard Fitts started the game for AU striking out 4 in 2 innings. Peyton Glavine at work here with 2 gone in T4 with runner on 1st. 

Bliss, Lau, Howell, Scheffler, Hall all new to lineup. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Ryan Bliss with a double off the top of the monster in the B4, then Howell legs out an infield hit to bring him home after a wild pitch. 

4-0 AU T6

Freshman Will Morrison on to pitch for AU after an scoreless Inning from highly touted Freshman pitcher Garrett Wade.

Julien and Lau switch positions (Julien to LF, Lau to 3rd).

Chase Hall In to catch. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information...looking forward to hearing more about the exhibition game today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who haven’t seen, AU wins the exhibition 8-1. Got a lot of young guys in there. Got to see Garrett Wade pitch as well and he looks like he could be every bit as advertised. Big frame with big arm. Excited to see him in the fall. We’ve got some new names, but it looks like these guys can hit pretty well for the most part. We’ll continue to learn more as fall ball goes on...

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

For those who haven’t seen, AU wins the exhibition 8-1. Got a lot of young guys in there. Got to see Garrett Wade pitch as well and he looks like he could be every bit as advertised. Big frame with big arm. Excited to see him in the fall. We’ve got some new names, but it looks like these guys can hit pretty well for the most part. We’ll continue to learn more as fall ball goes on...

Thanks much for the first hand info...anything of note from the catchers?

As an aside, I'm really glad the NCAA came to their collective senses and allowed fall games...probably should double the number.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Thanks much for the first hand info...anything of note from the catchers?

As an aside, I'm really glad the NCAA came to their collective senses and allowed fall games...probably should double the number.

Scheffler and Hall caught with Scheffler getting the majority of innings. I think he’ll wind up starting and Chase Hall may get most of the DH at bats just because it looks like that’s where the coaching staff has them for now. Hall is a senior, and Scheffler is a JUCO guy, so it really seems like it’s a two horse race there. There’s the possibility that williams could go there in a pinch and someone like Conor Davis or Julien would move to first.

We’ll probably learn a little more next week when AU plays Samford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Scheffler and Hall caught with Scheffler getting the majority of innings. I think he’ll wind up starting and Chase Hall may get most of the DH at bats just because it looks like that’s where the coaching staff has them for now. Hall is a senior, and Scheffler is a JUCO guy, so it really seems like it’s a two horse race there. There’s the possibility that williams could go there in a pinch and someone like Conor Davis or Julien would move to first.

We’ll probably learn a little more next week when AU plays Samford

Just wondering if the Glavine line has a chance to be a part of the pitching staff next year? I notice he is pretty small for a pitcher and pretty light. I assume his pitching is not power but based on location and movement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, steeleagle said:

Just wondering if the Glavine line has a chance to be a part of the pitching staff next year? I notice he is pretty small for a pitcher and pretty light. I assume his pitching is not power but based on location and movement. 

I doubt Glavine can make it he is in the 84-86 mph range with his fastball. There's just better pitchers ahead of him. And Chase Hall is a redshirt Junior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glavine got pounded in his main appearance last year vs his uncle ... while his dad watched.

seemed like he just wasn’t sec caliber at that time.  Maybe he has gained something and can be productive in our OOC slate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 2:54 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Some notes:

Williams at 1st is new as well as Julien at 3rd. 

Also, no Rankin Woley in the lineup as of now. 

 

Tigers coming up in B4 up 1-0

Woley had been dealing with a back injury, but he’s back to practicing now. I think he’s going to factor into the IF race. I’m guessing he ends up at 3B. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now