Texas A&M Score Predictions

Zeek

On 11/1/2018 at 4:49 AM, alexava said:

You folks are all gonna want back on the bus in a couple weeks! 

Assuming he's back next year, it'll take a full season of the team being competently prepared and not losing games they shouldn't before I'll get back on board.  Not this mid-season "save my job" fest he did last year and, for some reason, some on this board thinks he might do this year.  Doing what they did to a TERRIBLE Ole Miss defense a couple weeks ago, and even if they beat a middling aTm this week is nothing a "great" team crows about.  

I've been off and back on the bus each of the last 4 seasons.  At least one of us has to be consistent.  If Gus won't be consistent then I guess it's up to me to be consistent.

With that said, yes I think Auburn wins this week since apparently his job "depends on it".

AU - 24

aTm - 17

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Assuming he's back next year, it'll take a full season of the team being competently prepared and not losing games they shouldn't before I'll get back on board.  Not this mid-season "save my job" fest he did last year and, for some reason, some on this board thinks he might do this year.  Doing what they did to a TERRIBLE Ole Miss defense a couple weeks ago, and even if they beat a middling aTm this week is nothing a "great" team crows about.  

I've been off and back on the bus each of the last 4 seasons.  At least one of us has to be consistent.  If Gus won't be consistent then I guess it's up to me to be consistent.

With that said, yes I think Auburn wins this week since apparently his job "depends on it".

AU - 24

aTm - 17

I’ve been one of the most consistent. That doesn’t mean I’m happy with all  the results. As much as I’ve supported Gus, I would NOT have agreed the contract at the end of last year. But he’s our coach now and I see no good ( for the program or oneself) to constantly bemoan the situation. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I’ve been one of the most consistent. That doesn’t mean I’m happy with all  the results. As much as I’ve supported Gus, I would NOT have agreed the contract at the end of last year. But he’s our coach now and I see no good ( for the program or oneself) to constantly bemoan the situation. 

I have no problem with your position.  I think you've shown some realistic opinions and I don't take issue.  You are "making lemonade" out of the situation as opposed to just being some blind loyalist from what I've gathered...I respect that.

I've just been let down too many times when I HAVE shown support for Gus.  And the only consistency he's shown.....is the yearly ability to do just that; let me down.  I don't like the direction the team is heading with him and I won't bog down the thread as there's a million threads discussing the various symptoms to back up my reasons.

FWIW, I still hope the Gus lovers are right.  I'd love nothing better than for him to suddenly get it.  I guess next year we'll see.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

At least one of us has to be consistent.  If Gus won't be consistent then I guess it's up to me to be consistent.

My thoughts exactly @AUsince72!!!

I patiently stayed on the bus too long, tolerating the excuses such as injuries to key players, the JJ experiment, etc.  But after 6 years, I have run out of patience.  There is nothing that can happen this month to get me back on the bus. (what happened last November cost us $49million!!!) Even if we’re a playoff team next year with all the things we’ve been whining about for years appearing to be fixed, I’m not sure I’ll be convinced.  It was a long time coming, and it will be a long time before gustav can convince me he’s changed.  

Going back and forth on this one.  I'll go with a score of 17-13 but I can't decide who the 17 points should belong to and who the 13 points should belong to.

31-17 TAMU. This will Be Malzahns (mercifully) last home SEC game in Jordan-Hare. So long. See ya never. 

With Texas A&Ms strengths (run defense) and their obvious weakness (pass defense) a sane coach would get Schwartz the ball as soon as possible... As much as possible... A sane coach would use slants and intermediate routes over the middle to Schwartz and Seth Williams constantly. And make them adjust to stop it. 

Auburn doesn't have a sane coach. Auburn will keep trying to force a non existent running game and will continue to rely on the screens and deep shots in the passing game as we have seen fail all season. 

My Auburn Tigers 18, the Aggies of Texas A&M 28

Hopeful we stay undefeated after byes. AU 27- TAM 23

I have no idea how to predict this one because I don’t know which Gus has been at practice the last couple of weeks and which Gus will show up at the game today. With the bye week and coaching for his job factors thrown into it, I think we win:

ags: 20

Tigers: 27

Archived