Chances of a new Offensive Game Plan

ALTiger

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

You might wanna re-read that last sentence and think about it😁

I knew what I wrote and maybe you ought to think where accountability starts .  If you are doing a crappy job at your company they are not going to fire the boss....unless he continues to allow you to get away with it.    Same thing goes in sports.  

Ultimately responsibility is at the top as you suggest...….IF  corrective action is not taken at the point where those  who have responsibility for doing the job.   Thus far, nothing has been done at the "hands on level"....well other than changing the OL Coach from last year....so was he a scape goat?  Don't think anyone here has defended that action ….yet they are willing to defend other members of the offensive staff whose players are not getting it done.    Coaches at Oklahoma and USCw saw where problems were occurring and took action....same is needed at AU... JMO

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I knew what I wrote and maybe you ought to think where accountability starts .  If you are doing a crappy job at your company they are not going to fire the boss....unless he continues to allow you to get away with it.    Same thing goes in sports.  

Ultimately responsibility is at the top as you suggest...….IF  corrective action is not taken at the point where those  who have responsibility for doing the job.   Thus far, nothing has been done at the "hands on level"....well other than changing the OL Coach from last year....so was he a scape goat?  Don't think anyone here has defended that action ….yet they are willing to defend other members of the offensive staff whose players are not getting it done.    Coaches at Oklahoma and USCw saw where problems were occurring and took action....same is needed at AU... JMO

Here’s my well reasoned, well thought out, intelligent response...Gus Sucks man...He just sucks...no amount of staff changes or personnel groupings or Waffle House coupons is gonna change it. He sucks. We lost to freaking Tennessee man. Tennessee, you know, that hadn’t won an SEC game since 2016 and a road SEC game since like the Lincoln administration?  Sorry to be so blount but I’m already two drinks into my Friday night...

40 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Here’s my well reasoned, well thought out, intelligent response...Gus Sucks man...He just sucks...no amount of staff changes or personnel groupings or Waffle House coupons is gonna change it. He sucks. We lost to freaking Tennessee man. Tennessee, you know, that hadn’t won an SEC game since 2016 and a road SEC game since like the Lincoln administration?  Sorry to be so blount but I’m already two drinks into my Friday night...

only two wow your way behind

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

only two wow your way behind

Lol yeah well I’ve been waiting for the wife to get off work and we’re going out so it will ramp up exponentially soon.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Every year that there has been struggles, Gus has made changes, whether at the coordinator or position level, and the same problems persist. No matter who is brought in on the offensive side.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

"Treated"......come on...guys making more than a half million a year.   Scapegoat? .....the coaches who are directly responsible for development of the players on their side of the ball?  .  Folks wanting Gus to be a CEO type coach......so who is supposed to be teaching these young guys the game?  ......y'all need to get your stories straight. JMO

As for Lash....I liked the guy but he's yet to show he is a real Div 1 OC....was here too long and Gus's failure was keeping him too long.  JMO but about the biggest mistake a coach (or a manager) can make is not knowing when it's time to make a change.   

JMO..you will blame anyone not named Gus for his shortcomings. Thats my straight story.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I felt sorry for the guy, not sure if he was miss evaluated, played too early or the coaching change that got him.  Could be a combination of all three.

I saw him play live in high school at Jerry World in the Kirk Herbstreit High School Kick Off classic against Texas High School Euless Trinity (full of giant Samoans).  It was a blood bath, but Kiehl and one of his wide receivers were the only athletes on the Arkansas high school team that could compete with them.  You could see he had talent then even though he was outmatched and running for his life on every play.  Gus single handedly ruined him as a QB, as he has done with so many others.  He should probably give Stidham about half of his salary to make up for his drop in the draft.

1 hour ago, CR said:

JMO..you will blame anyone not named Gus for his shortcomings. Thats my straight story.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bdcfdf55536334c6f

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

and the same problems persist. No matter who is brought in on the offensive side.

When you get a chance, go back and check where last year's offensive stats placed in Auburn's all time history, and where Auburn's offensive stats placed nationally. The chant that "there's always been a problem with Gus's offense" is not correct. Looking just one year back demonstrates the error in that statement.

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

When you get a chance, go back and check where last year's offensive stats placed in Auburn's all time history, and where Auburn's offensive stats placed nationally. The chant that "there's always been a problem with Gus's offense" is not correct. Looking just one year back demonstrates the error in that statement.

I'll tell you what you can do with Gus' offensive stats.  And it's the same thing you can do with Gus.  But, there is no point.  Gus has a better offensive statistical  history than John Heisman?  Wow, that really matters.  What's his record in the SEC west and how many Championships has he won and will he win?  Here's a clue; they're the same number and if you divide by it you get infinity.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

So stats tell the whole story? Game manage game plan against Clemson, what’s happens? L. Great start to LSU, then turn conservative, 17 straight runs on first down, L. SEC title game,  absolutely no change in game plan from the first time we played UGA, all while playing a 60% RB, L. Then the bowl loss of course. Gus’ offenses are never consistent, that’s the point.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Got a few that don't want to hear that.....facts or previous performance mean little.....

Everyone wanted Hand fired.....and now Gus is being blamed for doing that.....some strange logic on this site...

But at least they are clear about their feelings and not much is gonna sway them including contrary facts.  though I will say that Gus has not always made good choices on his offensive hires.....getting guys with too much personal history.....and that needs to change. 

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Got a few that don't want to hear that.....facts or previous performance mean little.....

Everyone wanted Hand fired.....and now Gus is being blamed for doing that.....some strange logic on this site...

But at least they are clear about their feelings and not much is gonna sway them including contrary facts.  though I will say that Gus has not always made good choices on his offensive hires.....getting guys with too much personal history.....and that needs to change. 

Not sure that Gus is being blamed for firing Hand, rather not making a splash hire for his new OL coach.  He went the lazy way and hired his former OL coach.  JMO.

Archived