What do all of you think?

WarDamnEagleWDE

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What about a fraternity flag football league? Inquiring minds are wanting to know.

Not sure 'bout that one....

They run much in that league?  Seems it would be more of a passing league.  They'd probably pass on him too.

No, I suspect, like Chiz, Gus' little CBS excursion this past weekend is him trying to see if TV will take him.

From what I understand, even TV wouldn't want him.

Guess he can always run a Waffle House franchise or BMW dealership.

31 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

When I say pretty sure, I mean I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure. Like I said, Gus isn't going to coach anywhere in the NFL. 

Don’t.....wanna......can’t.......stop........

34E1AB31-DDD8-405D-9B2D-B37939272050.gif

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Would an arena league team want him? Let’s just say the Albuquerque Mud Stompers?

Arena league is a perfect opportunity for Gus. The field is 50yds long so he can just send the kicker out for a FG on first down instead of running those pesky dive plays up the middle for no gain. 

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

They run much in that league?  Seems it would be more of a passing league.  They'd probably pass on him too.

No, I suspect, like Chiz, Gus' little CBS excursion this past weekend is him trying to see if TV will take him.

Actually there's got to be a way to do both for Gus. Think about this for a minute. Knowing Gus's love for Waffle House a good marketing opportunity is there. He could do a "breakfast with the coach" thing and have fans win an opportunity to eat breakfast with him and some players at midfield between the hashes. Call it a Hash Browns promo. 😁

6 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Not all of us. 

Lol were you the only person wanting to push him out the door after almost winning the national title??? Don't go all Viper on me now!!!

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol were you the only person wanting to push him out the door after almost winning the national title??? Don't go all Viper on me now!!!

I might have been, as I tend to be prescient (lol).

14 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Saban to the Browns. ;D

In all seriousness, I wonder if Saban would go to the Browns if he surpasses Bear Bryant this year and gets his 7th national championship.

I think he learned with Miami, when your "subjects" actually get paid more than you, you can't intimidate them.  That's why he sucked at that level and wanted back in college.

Even though bammer players are well paid, he still holds their future in his hands so his "process" (intimidation & bullying) works well.  

I suspect the only job he'd leave bammer for is Notre Dame.  When I thought ND might fire their coach a couple years ago, that's what I thought (& hoped) might happen. 😥

34 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Saban to the Browns. ;D

In all seriousness, I wonder if Saban would go to the Browns if he surpasses Bear Bryant this year and gets his 7th national championship.

Dude. Should I be hoping Bama wins the title this year to fast track him retiring/leaving Bama?

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Why on earth would he worry about a job on TV?  After what we are paying him, he should never have to work again a day in his life after AU. 

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Why on earth would he worry about a job on TV?  After what we are paying him, he should never have to work again a day in his life after AU. 

Chiz was made rich himself and yet he's on SEC network.

Like him or not, Gus is driven.  He will not "retire" and laze his life away once Auburn cans him.  He'll want to work.

Look at all the millionaire athlete's and coaches doing TV or other enterprises.  Randy Moss, for crying out loud!  These guys aren't all "working stiffs" who dream of the day they can just fish & golf.  They're different.... that's why they achieve what they do.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Chiz was made rich himself and yet he's on SEC network.

Like him or not, Gus is driven.  He will not "retire" and laze his life away once Auburn cans him.  He'll want to work.

Look at all the millionaire athlete's and coaches doing TV or other enterprises.  Randy Moss, for crying out loud!  These guys aren't all "working stiffs" who dream of the day they can just fish & golf.  They're different.... that's why they achieve what they do.

I know that a lot of these guys have money and work cuz they love it but I would be most (Randy Moss included) work because of bad business decisions and they can't live off their earnings.  THAT IS PURELY MY OPINION!

16 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I know that a lot of these guys have money and work cuz they love it but I would be most (Randy Moss included) work because of bad business decisions and they can't live off their earnings.  THAT IS PURELY MY OPINION!

FTR, if I had $32M I'd be the laziest man on Earth.  Nothing but golf, shooting ranges, boating and theme parks!!!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

FTR, if I had $32M I'd be the laziest man on Earth.  Nothing but golf, shooting ranges, boating and theme parks!!!

You and me both...  

imagine how things would be different if that HS in Texas had hired Gus back 15 yrs ago....he may have never made it to U of Ark, thus would not have been hired by Auburn.   Gus may have ended up at Baylor and we would have someone different right now.

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i like the nic fifty but you can call me crazy or a hippie....or even pothead..........lol i am a heinz 57 like that  lol

Since the OP was obviously stoned and this thread has gone to pot.....

giphy-downsized.gif?cid=549b592d5b92d8ac6d4d4b506bd86f08

21 hours ago, Barnacle said:

When I say pretty sure, I mean I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure. Like I said, Gus isn't going to coach anywhere in the NFL. 

So you're saying there's still a chance?

Browns will suffer as long as Jimmy H is the owner....whoever comes in has to have complete control.  And if Gus is fired or quits he will get another Power 5 job....I’d say it would be sooner than later.... 

Archived