ellitor

2019 3* OT Isaiah Hookfin

16 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Do you believe if this would to happen then would we replace the whole O staff?  If so who do you see CHF bringing in as OL coach?  Would this change effect any OL recruits this year?

Not WDE but I'll take a stab at some of these...

1. I hope not. Porter has been great at landing the talent we have on O. Just move him to his more natural position as RB coach.

3. Depends on who the OL coach is & if he likes the commits we have & what recruits he likes. Really can't be answered other than vaguely until we know who that OL coach may be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Do you believe if this would to happen then would we replace the whole O staff?  If so who do you see CHF bringing in as OL coach?  Would this change effect any OL recruits this year?

Coordinators don't normally name the staff that's to be working on their side of the ball. That's the job of the head coach. Normally, if there's a change in coordinators most if not all of the staff stays the same. When there's a change in head coaches is when we see the fruit-basket turnover.

3 hours ago, provibe said:

Asked in another thread, but do you think the SEC will allow Freeze to come to Auburn after not allowing Saban hire him?

I think you have enough posts to start a topic now @provibe. Start a thread in the football forum asking your question. You will get more of a response there anyway.

Soo Texas offered Hook 5 days ago & has already gotten him to UOV there. Could be tough to beat.

Could be, but our depth chart is as inviting as any. If he visits, we have a shot. Gotta get him on campus though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Could be, but our depth chart is as inviting as any. If he visits, we have a shot. Gotta get him on campus though. 

UTx's campus is terrible....Austin is not.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with Hoofkin but I'm surprised we haven't went hard at Thompson high and tried to go after Kight and Simmons as a package deal.  I'll take a project but good sized simmons to get Kight as well.  

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'm surprised we haven't went hard at Thompson high and tried to go after Kight

I think we have/are

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

and Simmons as a package deal

never heard of him. Looked him up & we haven't offered so I don't think we are very interesting in him.

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'll take a project but good sized simmons to get Kight as well.  

Not sure how they would be a package deal w/ 1 committed to Bama & the other to Louisville.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think we have/are

never heard of him. Looked him up & we haven't offered so I don't think we are very interesting in him.

Not sure how they would be a package deal w/ 1 committed to Bama & the other to Louisville.

Thats what i'm saying same school offering them both.  I'd say Simmons upside it higher then Hoofkins.  

7 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Thats what i'm saying same school offering them both.  I'd say Simmons upside it higher then Hoofkins.  

Package deals rarely work out or happen. I haven't seen any indication offering Simmons would sway Kight away from Bama.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'll take any OT at this point...well, almost any

That was kind of my thought.  Even project guys at this point.  Give me the size and some decent feet and lets make at a minimum some decent backup players

I'm sure, somewhere, there is a Leff clone that just needs an opportunity.  As of now, according to the old adage, we can't be choosers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Is there any JUCO players out there? We need help now

4 year school Grad transfers have a much better chance of helping. We won't hear of those names til January-May though.

Edited by ellitor

On 11/9/2018 at 12:45 AM, bigbird said:

I'm sure, somewhere, there is a Leff clone that just needs an opportunity.  As of now, according to the old adage, we can't be choosers.

“There’s no doubt, the future is very bright.”

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

“There’s no doubt, the future is very bright.”

I almost spit out soda and everything that goes with that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Seems like Freeze has some OL experiences didn’t he?

He knew how to buy some big-time recruits, particularly from Georgia.