update on boobie

aubiefifty

mods this is part of a seven day free trial.

BrandonMarcello 13472 posts

JaTarvious Whitlow practiced Tuesday, but was limited, per Gus Malzahn. He is still "day to day."

Whitlow (shoulder) did not practice last week as he rested an injured shoulder and leg. Whitlow is listed as "day to day" on the injury chart.

"He's been banged up to this point and he's been a pretty quick healer up until this point."

Whitlow has aggravated a shoulder injury twice this season, the latest in a 31-16 victory at Ole Miss before the bye week. He also slowed down on in his last run in the second half with an apparent leg injury. He had the leg examined twice during the game, including once before leaving the game in the second half.

Auburn plans to utilize most of its running backs should Whitlow be unable to play. Whitlow has rushed for 626 yards this season.

"Kam Martin got a little banged up last time but it's going to be by committee," Malzahn said. "We feel right now all our guys can go in there and do a good job and then we go with the hot hand."

Malzahn said freshman Asa Martin will be involved in the game plan, too, if Whitlow is unable to play in the matchup against No. 25 Texas A&M on Saturday (11 a.m. CT, ESPN).

•  

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

zahn said freshman Asa Martin will be involved in the game plan, too, if Whitlow is unable to play in the matchup against No. 25 Texas A&M on Saturday (11 a.m. CT, ESPN).

•  

I don't believe him at this point. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I don't believe him at this point. 

he might not have a choice. it is my understanding asa has been in the doghouse so maybe he is back in good graces. but i like gus not going out there and telling folks asa is a jerk and will not play. i also remember someone saying asa had gotten banged up as well. or maybe asa was cleared and then pulled a no no? or maybe hurt? i refuse to get mad at gus for trying to use anything he can that is an advantage even if it is a small one. i just think it is piling on. shrugs. not trying to start anything but some folks on here nothing but a liar and i just do not believe it.

One thing I will praise about Gus is he doesn’t put up with garbage.  He’ll give you a chance to correct yourself (Sean, Duke) but if you don’t get your act straight you’re outta here.  FYI not implying Asa is in trouble because I have no idea why he’s had such a limited role.

Archived