2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous job by the staff . Immediate guy who can move the needle on and off the field . Huge day 

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Public service announcement: This post does not contain a gif.

That is all.

I will be okay with gifs anytime we get a boooommm like this one on OP! In fact we should limit them to 5* players committing, to respond only after that!lol Don’t think it will pass muster, but it’s worth a shot!

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

@Mikey what a linebacker!

@GwillMac6 what a day!

This is amazing! I can't wait for OP to show us what he's got! Suck it Georgia!

When I saw the news I was like...................... lol

rollins.gif

I just want to say as a AU fan who absolutely positively despises and downright hates kirby more than saban (I respect the weeeee man now after years of hating him because he tormented us.) and for the first time in my life I dislike the georgia fanbase more than alabamas. THIS RECRUITING WIN WAS SOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  TOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEEEET if you will. The georgia board on 247 is in full meltdown mode. I HAVE NEVER EVER seen any kind of level of butthurt and whiny little !@#$%^& like this from any fanbase besides 2010 when the legend Nick Fairley changed the auburn/thuga rivarly forever and we have lived rent free in their head ever since. AUBURN IS A BUNCH OF CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the only reason why they get any recruit!!!!!! No one cheats more than them!!!!!!  BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. WOULD YOU PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE SHUT THE BLEEP UP!!!!! You got beat ok?! Straight up for a elite recruit that bowl cut badly wanted. I know last year made them (and me admittingly lol. I will own this one) think it would never happen again BUT TWILL, GUS AND OUR STAFF did it baby!!!!!! This was my favorite recruiting win since well........ Derrick Brown. Maybe even all time. Their tears give me liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife baby!!!!!!! This is just the infection of energy, momentum and excitement this class and our fanbase needs going in to the summer. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WAR DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! This has been a blast today E celebrating with all of y'all. LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Standing ovation for T will and Gus for being CLOSERS!!!!!! Now lets keep him on board this whole time and have him recruit FOR US so we do not have to keep recruiting him and have it be smooth sailing till Early NSD in december. WAR EAGLE!!!!!! Love all of y'all crazy foooooooooooooooooools on here. 

nwo.gif

Great news about Pappoe- anyone know “how committed this guy is?” Seems like a lot of recruits commit nowadays without actually being 100% committed to a school. Hope this guy is an Auburn man! 

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Could be more than that.

Come on E, out with it. What other recruits may commit that are #1 at their positions? 

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Great news about Pappoe- anyone know “how committed this guy is?” Seems like a lot of recruits commit nowadays without actually being 100% committed to a school. Hope this guy is an Auburn man! 

I don't celebrate until the fax arrives but looks like AU is in a great position with this guy.  Hoping this holds up.

Are the height and weight right ? Despite rating he is on the small side for SEC linebacker.

8 hours ago, toddc said:

I will be okay with gifs anytime we get a boooommm like this one on OP! In fact we should limit them to 5* players committing, to respond only after that!lol Don’t think it will pass muster, but it’s worth a shot!

I don't mind the first, oh say, 20 or 30 gifs per thread. After that they get to be similar to dog poop, just something to be stepped over without giving it further attention. :)

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't mind the first, oh say, 20 or 30 gifs per thread. After that they get to be similar to dog poop, just something to be stepped over without giving it further attention. :)

poop.gif

10 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

An early high profile recruit is something we’ve been missing.

7958152.jpg

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

When I saw the news I was like...................... lol

rollins.gif

Owen "Freakin" Pappoe

13 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Based on his LB skills, who does Pappoe  remind you of , in past AU LB history?

Dave Edwards. " He started in 1963, when Chuck Howley was moved from strongside linebacker to weakside linebacker, because Edwards had more upper-body strength for the position. During an era of ironman football and combined with legends Chuck Howley and Lee Roy Jordan, they formed one of the most fearsome corps of linebackers in NFL history as part of the 'Doomsday Defense'. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Edwards_(linebacker)

4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Come on E, out with it. What other recruits may commit that are #1 at their positions? 

We now are a big factor w/ #1 CB Andrew Booth after getting Pappoe.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Understood but this is a celebration so let the kids have their fun.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

7958152.jpg

@aujeff11 will greatly appreciate this.

Just now, ellitor said:

Understood but this is a celebration so let the kids have their fun.

If they step one foot in my yard I'll hit them with my cane!

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If they step one foot in my yard I'll hit them with my cane!

7ed781fdba45276602940a5596dfef68.gif

This one is already paying huge dividends.  He’s actively recruiting and the bammurs and the dawgs are in a state of meltdown.   

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

tGOAT of raw potential, the Cam Newton mini-me, the 5 star safety destroyer, the future Heisman.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Dave Edwards. " He started in 1963, when Chuck Howley was moved from strongside linebacker to weakside linebacker, because Edwards had more upper-body strength for the position. During an era of ironman football and combined with legends Chuck Howley and Lee Roy Jordan, they formed one of the most fearsome corps of linebackers in NFL history as part of the 'Doomsday Defense'. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Edwards_(linebacker)

Mikey, Don't EVER bring up the Cowboys to a Steeler....lol....

I was not a 'born' Auburn fan, and had not moved down south until right after Edwards played. But I heard a lot about him when I went to school at AU. So you think he's like DE? A little undersized at LB but a horse when comes to playing the position.

I'll eat my crow now. Really thought he would be a dawg. So glad we have T-Will, what a great job landing OP. Welcome to the family OP :wareagle::wareagle::wareagle::wareagle::wareagle: five WAR EAGLES for a 5 star recruit.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Um, don't leave me out. 

I'm like VP of the Joey G fan club! 

Archived