2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Me when I get upset I didn't get sarcasm.

shelly.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

It’s funny. I keep hearing how one game or one season won’t affect a recruit’s decision, but then stuff like this seems to happen. Guess it only affects Auburn recruits

Under normal circumstances it's rare for any team the same year a recruit signs but even then it has always been said same year has an affect when there is coach smoke. There is a lot of coach smoke with AU right now.

4 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Well, in the last week Greene and Leath said Gus is here in 2019, so there's that. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see TWill get a co-defensive coordinator promotion.

We'll see if he can get Pappoe to seal the deal. I just hope the Iron Bowl isn't a complete blowout. Keeping it close against them while they've destroyed everyone this year could go along ways towards closing up with a strong class.

Gus will not make it past next year. I will bet you 26 million dollars on it! lol..... It is just kicking this can down the road another year. Another year of a lame duck coach. Another year of already superior recruiters than Gus who are our main rivals and who we recruit against the most having their jobs made so much easier for them.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will bet you 26 million dollars

If you have that to bet then you can get rid of our Gus problem for us now.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus will not make it past next year.

Gus Malzahn = Mike Shula, in so many ways. SMDH....

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

Gus Malzahn = Mike Shula, in so many ways. SMDH....

This is so true........... stubborn beyond belief. Both have a affinity for 2 yard gains up the middle in to the arms of a defender OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:35 PM, ellitor said:

World isn't ending. It just can't go forward while Gus is HC.

you can say more in one sentence than most can get across in several paragraphs! (lol!) I mean this as a compliment! 

why anyone would want to wear that putride orange dreamsicle jersey UT makes their players wear, is beyond me!

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

why anyone would want to wear that putride orange dreamsicle jersey UT makes their players wear, is beyond me!

They're going up right now, believe it or not. They've beaten the same amount of ranked teams as we have, have a coach who's exposed ours several times, and somehow have more blue blood prestige than we do. And throwing around the Saban/Fisher protege title probably does something for recruits. 

Tennessee CAN be an appealing job, Butch did a piss poor job of showing that to the top tier of recruits though (I recognize he had a mass quantity of good-mediocre guys, but rarely a Pappoe)

on topic though, who else would hurt as much as losing Pappoe? I guess Nix around these parts. The NEED for Owen supercedes the wealth of receivers we have where Pickens resides and its a damn shame we need Nix the way we might with all the 4* QBs we've gotten recently

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

No seemed my brother. If we win that game or even not look like we were a fotball's version of diarrhea then this recruitment would be over.

imagine losing one of your best recruits OAT because you couldnt stop Guantamo and couldnt put together a gameplan once your screens were exposed. The reasons to keep Gus have to be in the negatives at this point

my guy is we keep Pappoe and this is nothing more than gossip rumblings.  We need to finish the last 2 games with pride and make the bammer game look decent.

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

you can say more in one sentence than most can get across in several paragraphs! (lol!) I mean this as a compliment! 

f85d052b-0eb7-4296-8270-486e009d628c_tex

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

on topic though, who else would hurt as much as losing Pappoe?

No one. I remember when we lost Reuben Foster. That was a gut punch of epic proportions. I watched Reuben play many times at Auburn highschool, and to me, Owen looks like an even better athlete than Reuben. If Owen comes to Auburn, he'll have a faster opportunity to develop than Reuben did at Alabama since we're not as deep at the LB position.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:24 AM, TigerFanAU said:

I remember when we lost Reuben Foster. That was a gut punch of epic proportions. 

This would be exponentially worse to me. We knew RF was likely gone as soon as Troop was; and RFwas always a little squirrelly anyway. OP seems to have a good head on his shoulders and has been solid for us for sooooo long. Man, losing him to Pruitt would be a huge kick in the b***s

1 hour ago, fredst said:

This would be exponentially worse to me. We knew RF was likely gone as soon as Troop was; and RFwas always a little squirrelly anyway. OP seems to have a good head on his shoulders and has been solid for us for sooooo long. Man, losing him to Pruitt would be a huge kick in the b***s

All because of losing to still bad Tennessee.

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

If we lose OP, is there really any reason to keep Gus at all? This year’s class is my only reason for wanting Gus to stay another year

Because one insanely moronic president thought it would be a good idea to chain us to a $32 million buyout, thereby preventing us from being able to afford a quality coach.

21 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

If we lose OP, is there really any reason to keep Gus at all? This year’s class is my only reason for wanting Gus to stay another year

There’s not a valid reason to keep him regardless. The only reason he is being kept is because of the contract extension done last year & the optics of how it would look to let him go now plus the $32 million buyout, which can be done but again the perception thing.

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Because one insanely moronic president thought it would be a good idea to chain us to a $32 million buyout, thereby preventing us from being able to afford a quality coach.

The money is there for a quality coach. It’s a perception thing in how it would look on Leath which is why he is keeping Gus for now.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There’s not a valid reason to keep him regardless. The only reason he is being kept is because of the contract extension done last year & the optics of how it would look to let him go now plus the $32 million buyout, which can be done but again the perception thing.

I’m with ya. Just rip off that $32 million bandaid and let’s move on. Don’t make things worse because you don’t want to look bad

Leath is basically saying and admitting next year does not matter for Auburn football. Lame Duck coach. Lame duck season.

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Leath is basically saying and admitting next year does not matter for Auburn football. Lame Duck coach. Lame duck season.

Barring Hugh Freeze coming in & turning the O around.

Archived