2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

Gus Malzahn= Mike Shula....sigh.....

As disappointed as we are in Gus, he is not Mike Shula. With the same talent last year Shula would not have swept UGA & Bama nor beat Bama in 2013 & get us to the national title game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Barring Hugh Freeze coming in & turning the O around.

In true Auburn fashion when we fix one side of the ball the other one springs a leak. I suspect with the exodus of talent we are losing at DL and LB that we will take a step back on defense.

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Leath is basically saying and admitting next year does not matter for Auburn football. Lame Duck coach. Lame duck season.

Park the moving van in front of Leath's home.     If I were Gus (and you), you would stay and work for $7 mil/yr.   Heck he his performance is the same as it has been all along basically.    Leath put us in the no-win situation.   

What is his background?  Geesh....he came from Iowa State.   No wonder being competitive isn't high on his priorities.   The man needs to clean up - looks like he has been hunting for 10 days without a razor.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As disappointed as we are in Gus, he is not Mike Shula. With the same talent last year Shula would not have swept UGA & Bama nor beat Bama in 2013 & get us to the national title game.

yeah, you're right, but we still love Gus about the same as bama loved Shula I  imagine.  

Just now, Beaker said:

yeah, you're right, but we still love Gus about the same as bama loved Shula I  imagine.  

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I hope he is shula!!!!! That means our version of Saban is on deck! lol

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

In true Auburn fashion when we fix one side of the ball the other one springs a leak. I suspect with the exodus of talent we are losing at DL and LB that we will take a step back on defense.

Maybe. We have players at those positions who can develop though.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Leath is basically saying and admitting next year does not matter for Auburn football. Lame Duck coach. Lame duck season.

What’s Leath’s perception around Auburn? I feel like I’ve heard/read he wasn’t well liked by a lot of people involved with the University. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I think that’s open for debate. Regardless, they seem incredibly similar: nice guys, in over their respective heads as coaches. And both opposing fan bases really wanting them to be retained, lol.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I hope he is shula!!!!! That means our version of Saban is on deck! lol

I knew I liked you.  I am going to run with that logic.   You just made the next 10-11 months palatable.   I think.   

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Barring Hugh Freeze coming in & turning the O around.

Yugh with his own staff and the ability to scheme around Kelly (who I would like to be the starter more than any other potential option) could be a life saver

unfortunately itd only be a bandaid before Freeze is offered another HC job then we're left with Gus and another anomaly of a good year

41 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I knew I liked you.  I am going to run with that logic.   You just made the next 10-11 months palatable.   I think.   

Haha it is the only thing that will make this next year worth it thinking we finally will have our own version of Saban waiting at the end of the rainbow! lol

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yugh with his own staff and the ability to scheme around Kelly (who I would like to be the starter more than any other potential option) could be a life saver

unfortunately itd only be a bandaid before Freeze is offered another HC job then we're left with Gus and another anomaly of a good year

Band-Aid U. New offensive coaches, a new QB because as usual we don't have anyone ready to play, some grad transfer OLinemen because we don't have anyone to help this struggling group out, a RB commit we still don't have..have I forgotten anyone?

Don't you whiners have enough crybaby threads already? Is it really necessary to pollute Every. Single. Thread with sniveling? If there's no news about Pappoe it's perfectly acceptable to move right along, go to the main football forum and join one of the countless weeping and moaning threads there.

I didn't bother scrolling back to other pages. The previous 12 (twelve) posts on this page have nothing to do with Pappoe, it's just a wash, rinse, repeat of the same old griping. I thought we were supposed to stay on track, at least in the recruiting forum? 

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Don't you whiners have enough crybaby threads already? Is it really necessary to pollute Every. Single. Thread with sniveling? If there's no news about Pappoe it's perfectly acceptable to move right along, go to the main football forum and join one of the countless weeping and moaning threads there.

I didn't bother scrolling back to other pages. The previous 12 (twelve) posts on this page have nothing to do with Pappoe, it's just a wash, rinse, repeat of the same old griping. I thought we were supposed to stay on track, at least in the recruiting forum? 

Sorry to hurt your feelings Mikey. I forgot you were the only one allowed to whine.

25 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Must we bring every thread down with the negativity?

What exactly about the program right now is positive?

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Malik threw passes tonight 👍

We ate Auburn University. We are 7-4 and not 4-7.  We finally completed a long tb pass. This thread is about a highly rated recruit who is committed to us. What purpose does it serve to post negativity about anything here? Especially since some think his commitment is wavering?  There are so many threads in this forum for people to vent their frustrations in, recruiting shouldn't  be one of them.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

We ate Auburn University. We are 7-4 and not 4-7.  We finally completed a long tb pass. This thread is about a highly rated recruit who is committed to us. What purpose does it serve to post negativity about anything here? Especially since some think his commitment is wavering?  There are so many threads in this forum for people to vent their frustrations in, recruiting shouldn't  be one of them.

The anti Gus agenda has to be relentlessly pushed through all topics relevant to Gus. And the mods are happy to allow this. I’d suggest looking elsewhere for recruiting info. 

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

We ate Auburn University. 

And, I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but I’m full as hell. I hope this doesn’t ruin Thanksgiving for me.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You’re in a thread about Pappoa and Pappoa is still committed. Is that not positive? Even if your criticisms were valid, they aren’t worth repeating over and over in every single topic related to Gus.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

The anti Gus agenda has to be relentlessly pushed through all topics relevant to Gus. And the mods are happy to allow this. I’d suggest looking elsewhere for recruiting info. 

I’ve been very down on Gus for awhile and am guilty here. I have to admit the board hasn’t been very fun to visit for a couple of months now. I love Auburn, hate to see me and much of the fan base so down. I personally will try to do better. 

Man, I love everything about OP! Hope he ends up sticking with his long-time commit. War Damn Pappoe!!!!

Archived