2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Nobody is doing this without their rivals seeing it.  What are you going to report to the NCAA?  That this kids family moved into a really nice house that is owned by someone who is not a contributor to the school.  The NCAA at BEST checks to see if the owner of the home is a booster associated directly with the school.  If they are not then the NCAA does not and can not go after people for tax evasion and all the legal mumbo jumbo.  I have seen how this works.  You can argue with me all day long and it won't do any good.  There are kids that had not signed with Bama yet who brought their clunker cars into a certain dealership for "work to be done" and given a loaner to drive while the car is being "fixed".  Is it right, of course not.  Is it legal?  I would think not but somehow it happens and has happened.  Everyone has seen the laundry list of things. Dodge Chargers that are traced back to auctions, $1200 wheels, houses for families who can't afford them, a Cadillac Escalade for a kid with a single mother who worked a sub $10 per hour job, multiple suits to wear for gameday, memorabilia that kids are brought in to sign, coaches telling the NCAA who they will and will not drug test.  Either Bama is really the mafia or they have found a way to do things that the NCAA has no ability to enforce.  It sounds great to say Saban has Emmert bent over and can do whatever he wants but that is unlikely with what can be proven to be considered violations under the NCAA by laws.  

John Stump Thrower was a damn good Auburn man who sacrificed everything to fight the garbage Bama was pulling.  We were all more than angry how time and time again Auburn was slapped with sanctions while Bama skated.  What I will tell you is that in my lifetime when Bama has done wrong and the University is "Linked" to it then they get sanctions.  When the university is not linked then they skate by.  Unfortunately Auburn has been directly connected and "Linked" to every sanction that they have received in the modern era.  You can't have coaches giving kids money directly or buying them groceries.  When Auburn could not be linked, Cam Newton, nothing became of it.

Saban has a machine and operation.  He has a million people on staff or off staff that really are on staff.  He knows how to play the game and Kirby has all of the support in the state of Georgia to do the same thing.  Ga Tech does not even recruit the same kids under Paul Johnson anymore.  It is the perfect set up as there is no in state school to battle UGA for anyone.  If O'Leary, Bobby Ross, or Ralph Friedgen were there they at least would be recruiting the same kids.  It has become a game of prove it, and prove that the school is involved.  Bama has mastered it under Saban and Kirby will be doing the exact same thing.

Auburn was put on probation because a player owned a boat and refrigerator and the NCAA said his family couldn't have afforded that on a mailman's salary so AU must have paid for them.  The father's bootlegging business stayed hidden. So yes, if some rival rats a school out, they are in the doo-doo. Schemes such as you cited above are transparent to anyone that cares to look. When Emmert leaves the NCAA those things will stop working at UAT also. Remember, the NCAA is not a legal agency, they don't need "proof" such a law enforcement agency would need. Just ask Southern Cal how that house scam worked out for them

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Auburn was put on probation because a player owned a boat and refrigerator and the NCAA said his family couldn't have afforded that on a mailman's salary so AU must have paid for them.  The father's bootlegging business stayed hidden. So yes, if some rival rats a school out, they are in the doo-doo. Schemes such as you cited above are transparent to anyone that cares to look. When Emmert leaves the NCAA those things will stop working at UAT also. Remember, the NCAA is not a legal agency, they don't need "proof" such a law enforcement agency would need. Just ask Southern Cal how that house scam worked out for them

The house scam didn't work out for them because USC was linked to it.  The Ramsey case and the Albert Means case are examples of both schools being caught because of the school and or boosters and coaches being implicated.  

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.  I am not advocating shady tactics.  I am telling you how it has been done and is currently being done.  Show me an example since 1990 where a school was hit with sanctions without the school, or a booster being directly tied to it.  All other transgressions and accusations that have been made against other schools where we think they should get the hammer have been where there is nobody directly associated with the school involved.  If Mark Emmert retired today I don't see any of that changing.

I have seen many, many $100 handshakes (not at AU, another school I was at), while on scholarship and we were a lowly 1AA school, It happens at ALL schools! How, where and when it happens varies at each place. Don’t kid yourself if you think a meal here or there, or a $100 bill gets slipped to players even here at AU, I promise it does.

Well I fell for it again! Op title in bold black letters, click on it again for recruiting news about him, but once again nothing about him to be found! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results-sooo!

57 minutes ago, toddc said:

Well I fell for it again! Op title in bold black letters, click on it again for recruiting news about him, but once again nothing about him to be found! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results-sooo!

C6A2389F-225D-48EF-86D6-7B0F07076A67.gif

Yeah if you guys want to talk about how uga/bammer cheats, which they do, start a thread in rivals.........please........ and lets keep this thread for Owen Pappoe

On 3/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, augolf1716 said:

Yeah if you guys want to talk about how uga/bammer cheats, which they do, start a thread in rivals.........please........ and lets keep this thread for Owen Pappoe

We were just hoping to dissuade Pappoe from committing to one of those awful cheating teams out there :big:

On 3/17/2018 at 1:55 PM, NorthGATiger said:

The house scam didn't work out for them because USC was linked to it.  The Ramsey case and the Albert Means case are examples of both schools being caught because of the school and or boosters and coaches being implicated.  

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.  I am not advocating shady tactics.  I am telling you how it has been done and is currently being done.  Show me an example since 1990 where a school was hit with sanctions without the school, or a booster being directly tied to it.  All other transgressions and accusations that have been made against other schools where we think they should get the hammer have been where there is nobody directly associated with the school involved.  If Mark Emmert retired today I don't see any of that changing.

The USC thing didn't work out because an "agent" was linked to it and a rival agent ratted the deal out.

Also, A $puat coach was directly proven to have given a player $500.....but because he had a receipt written in pencil, he was able to pay it back with no penalty....which flies in the face of what you stated earlier about if the school could be linked to it they would be penalized.

Just cleaning up some facts, please resume.

18 hours ago, gman87 said:

The USC thing didn't work out because an "agent" was linked to it and a rival agent ratted the deal out.

Also, A $puat coach was directly proven to have given a player $500.....but because he had a receipt written in pencil, he was able to pay it back with no penalty....which flies in the face of what you stated earlier about if the school could be linked to it they would be penalized.

Just cleaning up some facts, please resume.

Was this a player or recruit on a trip that the $500 changed hands on?

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Was this a player or recruit on a trip that the $500 changed hands on?

To my knowledge, all of the paper trails that have been released that show exchanges of money from bama coaches have been with active players.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:55 AM, NorthGATiger said:

What about the DJ Fluker situation? 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Touche :bow:

It is still an ongoing situation!

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I will give this a "like" and a quote because I love that movie so much! Well played!

Glad I didn't go with this one. (Not that I am an advocate of Ayn Rand's views.)

Image result for who is john galt

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

Glad I didn't go with this one. (Not that I am an advocate of Ayn Rand's views.)

Image result for who is john galt

?? I actually love “Atlas Shrugged”, read it 3 times

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

?? I actually love “Atlas Shrugged”, read it 3 times

I do agree with it to some extent - in that we should not structure things (e.g., tax policy) in such a way that it stifles innovation and entrepreneurship.  I just don't agree with much of what Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism - particularly when it comes to her ideas on Ethics.

ETA:  I apologize if I've taken this thread down a rabbit-trail.  I won't post any more off-topic stuff here.

32 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I do agree with it to some extent - in that we should not structure things (e.g., tax policy) in such a way that it stifles innovation and entrepreneurship.  I just don't agree with much of what Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism - particularly when it comes to her ideas on Ethics.

ETA:  I apologize if I've taken this thread down a rabbit-trail.  I won't post any more off-topic stuff here.

I personally am super in favor of recruiting threads going off the rails in March. Even if the kid commits, it's a long way til February December.

Archived