2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

Auburn wallpaper and profile pic changed

Could easily paying honor to the SR leaders on his team & a profile pic of him in a Grayson Jersey is not an issue.

as well as recent follows to UT.

Recruits follow staff & personnel on twitter a lot from teams they end up not picking. Last weekend was his 1st visit to UT in a very long time. It's logical he follow some of their staff & personnel.

You forgot to mention what he still has on his profile that is more telling for people who want to read too much into twitter accounts...

🦅AUBURN COMMIT🦅

I have been thinking this for a while but I think he is going to UT.

Unless we lose T-Will & maybe Steele...Nope!

Hopefully this free blurb from Keith tonight will ease your mind a bit...

-Owen Pappoe, LB, Grayson (Ga.): The 5-star backer appears to be rock solid to Auburn and he is actively recruiting for the Tigers. As long as Travis Williams is the linebackers coach, we don't see him going anywhere but Auburn.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Could easily paying honor to the SR leaders on his team & a profile pic of him in a Grayson Jersey is not an issue.

Recruits follow staff & personnel on twitter a lot from teams they end up not picking. Last weekend was his 1st visit to UT in a very long time. It's logical he follow some of their staff & personnel.

You forgot to mention what he still has on his profile that is more telling for people who want to read too much into twitter accounts...

Unless we lose T-Will & maybe Steele...Nope!

Hopefully this free blurb from Keith tonight will ease your mind a bit...

Hope your right.

Sooo I accidentally merged the Own thread with the Bo thread when trying to merge 2 Bo threads. It will take considerable time but I will unmerge them eventually. Unfortunately it's painstaking post by post.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sooo I accidentally merged the Own thread with the Bo thread when trying to merge 2 Bo threads. It will take considerable time but I will unmerge them eventually. Unfortunately it's painstaking post by post.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t go through each post one by one for our sake.  Most of us won’t read the old posts again.  I may suggest only the big posts like him committing and the last month or two.  Just trying to save some stress!

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I suggest deleting the posts that you disagree with and saving the ones that agree with you or that mention you in a positive light. And, of course, save any gif post

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

I suggest deleting the posts that you disagree with and saving the ones that agree with you or that mention you in a positive light. And, of course, save any gif post

This approach works great in the Political forum. Don't see any reason not to use it here.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I’m sure there are some that probably think I would seriously do that.

Not that it really matters, but any idea how long the OP visit to UT was planned in advance?   Has he visited others this season?  The development concerns me.

I don't think the UT loss is a big deal at all. However, I think the difference in trajectories between AU and UT is huge, as well as Owen's relationship with Wanya Morris. Those are the two most considerable factors in my mind.

13 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I don't think the UT loss is a big deal at all. However, I think the difference in trajectories between AU and UT is huge, as well as Owen's relationship with Wanya Morris. Those are the two most considerable factors in my mind.

What trajectories? UT is 1-25 in their last 26 against UAT and UF. They haven’t been to Atlanta in over a decade. They beat an overrated AU team, UTEP and struggled with Charlotte. They haven’t had a winning conference record in years. We have secured another bowl bid, and are coming off of our second SEC West title in 5 years. If we can’t win this battle, we don’t deserve him. 

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

Not that it really matters, but any idea how long the OP visit to UT was planned in advance?   Has he visited others this season?  The development concerns me.

No & UT is the only place a week or 2 before this visit. I'll be concerned if our staff is fired, particularly T-Will. Ironically, even with the 2 UT visits UGA is the bigger threat.

4 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

As I posted in the other thread you posted this in the pick is from From Demetric Warren who is not that good of a picker & doesn't cover either team. I'd wait for a pick from an AU, UGA, or UT writer.

3 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Owen's relationship with Wanya Morris

Relationships with other recruits rarely win recruiting battles. That's why UGA is the actual bigger threat.

Pappoe said he is colid with his choice when he made it. Said he is not the guy who flips. He is all Auburn, he is recruiting for Auburn. Just because he visits a university doesn't mean he is flipping or wavering. He is sold out for Auburn. War Eagle!

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Pappoe said he is colid with his choice when he made it. Said he is not the guy who flips. He is all Auburn, he is recruiting for Auburn. Just because he visits a university doesn't mean he is flipping or wavering. He is sold out for Auburn. War Eagle!

To say that OP isn't looking around is just blind. Always follow the visits. But at this point his mom wants him at AU and barring T-Will leaving should stick to AU. 

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

That's nice but reality is if key coaches are let go then all bets are off. In this case that would be T-Will.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

That's nice but reality is if key coaches are let go then all bets are off. In this case that would be T-Will.

I know that. My point is that every time a highly regarded commit visits another university some think the commit is flipping. I guess its the Yeldon effect.

Ellior is right , I made light of it but the fans calling for Gus to be fired probably does far more harm than we know, who would want to play here with that swirling around? I hope Mr Pappoe chooses Auburn but if not I think the fan base is somewhat to blame, you don’t think Kirby Smart is using our meltdown to his advantage? 

30 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I know that. My point is that every time a highly regarded commit visits another university some think the commit is flipping. I guess its the Yeldon effect.

Na. It's natural to have some worry when a commit visits other schools. The concern here is legit pending how the staff plays out.

Archived