2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

2 hours ago, Samau said:

Agree, unless we lose TWill I think OP stays.

Hoping so. Really think OP could contribute instantly.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To say that OP isn't looking around is just blind. Always follow the visits. But at this point his mom wants him at AU and barring T-Will leaving should stick to AU. 

Do u know if he informed our staff he was going to TN?  If not, just damn!

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, ellitor said:

Sooo I accidentally merged the Own thread with the Bo thread when trying to merge 2 Bo threads. It will take considerable time but I will unmerge them eventually. Unfortunately it's painstaking post by post.

I wish you could merge a good offensive mind with Gus' empty head. Do you possess that skill E?

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I wish you could merge a good offensive mind with Gus' empty head. Do you possess that skill E?

He has a good offensive mind. It’s just stuck on “1998” and set to “Do Not Adapt”.

OP just posted on his IG story “no interviews please.” It freaked me out that he had decommited or something, but I didn’t see anything so 🤷🏻‍♀️

16 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

OP just posted on his IG story “no interviews please.” It freaked me out that he had decommited or something, but I didn’t see anything so 🤷🏻‍♀️

He still has auburn commit on his Twitter account and WDE posted the latest earlier today. I wouldn’t jump off the ledge yet. It’s still all hinges on ultimately what happens to T-Will.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He still has auburn commit on his Twitter account and WDE posted the latest earlier today. I wouldn’t jump off the ledge yet. It’s still all hinges on ultimately what happens to T-Will.

Is T-Will looking elsewhere if he gets an offer?

8 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Not necessarily but if Gus is let go there is no guarantee T-Will will be returning as he will be in very high demand because he’s one of the few coaches even in his young career that is an accomplished teaching position coach and a damn good recruiter.

3 minutes ago, AidiAU said:
8 hours ago, DAG said:

On his IG story? Wooow. Let this man live.

Could be wrong but I think @DAG is saying us fans pay too much attention to that stuff meaning let him live without us not hanging on every tweet or insta post he makes.

10 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

If he were to leave, who are some good prospects out there that we could replace him with....I certainly hope we don't lose twill.... To me he had been the single best spot on this staff since he was hired

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If he were to leave, who are some good prospects out there that we could replace him with....I certainly hope we don't lose twill.... To me he had been the single best spot on this staff since he was hired

Let's not go there in this recruiting thread. T-Will for all intents and purposes is staying. I havent seen one post report a source that he is leaving, even if something happens to GM( and I don't expect him to be let go either)....

Nothing good will come if we have to go out and get another LB coach and great recruiter for us...

12 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Let's not go there in this recruiting thread. T-Will for all intents and purposes is staying. I havent seen one post report a source that he is leaving, even if something happens to GM( and I don't expect him to be let go either)....

Nothing good will come if we have to go out and get another LB coach and great recruiter for us...

Yeah....I didn't even rock that boat thanks for keeping me straight lol

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily but if Gus is let go there is no guarantee T-Will will be returning as he will be in very high demand because he’s one of the few coaches even in his young career that is an accomplished teaching position coach and a damn good recruiter.

I’d give it a 100% chance TWill would be retained by the new coach. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I’d give it a 100% chance TWill would be retained by the new coach. 

That's what I was waiting to hear. Still worry he may get a better offer somewhere else though.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's what I was waiting to hear. Still worry he may get a better offer somewhere else though.

We need to pay him commensurate with his coaching and recruiting talent and reward his loyalty to AU. If I could only pick one coach on staff to keep it would be TWill. War Damn TWill!

1 hour ago, fredst said:

We need to pay him commensurate with his coaching and recruiting talent and reward his loyalty to AU. If I could only pick one coach on staff to keep it would be TWill. War Damn TWill!

We did it for Garner. We can do it for TWill. I believe!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't think that will happen...............could it happen yes but I feel good about TWill being here next year

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

TIme to make him the official ‘DC in waiting’.

I appreciate his ability where he is and his ability recruiting but I dont k ow about DC.  I tend to agree with AU that we are not a school for someone to learn on the job any more.  He is lb coach. He needs a lot more time and understanding before granting him a DC job. 

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

We extended Steele’s offer for a reason. He will keep T-Will on board.  

Again won't matter if there's a HC change. We hope the D staff is kept but not a given unless we get info from someone like WDE that Steele stays regardless.

Archived